Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post combine mock draft thread

how about a deal with the chagers so they can take holmes in front of the cowboys? just a thought.
    i dont think the cards will take a RB at all. so that might leave white for the ravens and deangelo for us.
    chad greenway will be off the board once it gets to us.
    We're bringing purple back.

"mr.woo" wrote:
    just to clear this up the reason i put unfortunatly on santonio is that i am a buckeye fan and i hate the cowboys. also arizona is n the need for a runningback and i think they will see deangalo as too small.

Yeah you could be right!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

The reason why a lot of people have White going before williams is because they have teams like arizona or Baltimore talking white. Baltimore runs a power offense and White seems like a much better fit for their style of offense. Arizona picked a RB that is in a similar mold as williams last year, so they would probably look at more of a smash mouth guy in white also.

I am assuming this is why people put White ahead of Williams and I wouldn't say they are crazy for thinking this. It makes sense when you look at the players fits for the teams that might be taking a RB. Just look at us last draft. Almost everyone had Mike Williams(including myself) ranked way ahead of williamson. Yet we took williamson shopcking a lot of people because we as a team thought he was better then some others did, and also most importantly we thought he was the right fit for our offense and what we needed in a WR.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    I like how you have us picking Deagelo WIlliams!! But I don't think Lendale White will go 10th overall!! Where is Sinorice Moss!!! I think its a good draft, and i am glad you don't have Thomas Howard jumping 1 full draft round!!!
    Somebody really likes exclamation points. And yes to confirm, I do think Williams will be a better pro, but I think White will be picked first. Remember, these are not my "who I think the best players are" lists, it's a "mock draft"

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

I doubt Baltimore will take a RB, I think they are set on Taylor or Lewis

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Cutler won't fall to 16th. He'll either go at 3 to the Titans or 4 to the Jets.

I doubt the 49ers will go with a tight end. They have a lot more pressing needs.

I don't think the Ravens will pick a running back. They seem pretty sold on Chester Taylor.

Just what I see. :grin: Good job on making a mock. I might be able to pick the first 10 or 15 picks, but outside of that I don't think I could, so props to you for sitting down and doing it!

JDante is offline Rookie

i dont know all of everything about the draft but i know enough. basically i look at the key players in my mind and after doing that im seriosly down wit what Mr Woo had over the original posters draft. first thing i looked at was Vince Young, and hes going to the Titans, thats good. I saw laurence maroney going reeeeal low, and thats good. hes barely projected by as a first rounder unless he makes a splash in the combine, which he didnt

and also the Colts will be looking for another RB with the loss of Edgerrin James. Who goes to the Vikings. Which means that tha Vikes dont need a runnin back in the draft. After Chad Jacksons performance at the NFL Combine i think that its safe to say he will be drafted before Santonio Holmes. Im hopin and prayin that that means that Chad Jackson would be a steal at 17th, for the Minnesota Vikings. The Chiefs need are really in trouble at the WR position so they will probably draft Santonio Holmes onto there roster. Thats two Holmes for the Chiefs. thats goood.

I dont think that Baltimore is seriosly in need of a QB right now with Kyle Boller on the roster. He performed well at the end of the year and i can see him being the franchise of the Ravens. And with the hype surrounding Jay Cutler right now i dont think he would take very kindly to having to battle for the starting position, and i dont think that Bollermore would take him anyways. Jay Cutler to the Rams. Deangelo Williams to the Ravens.

The Bengals dont have any problems on offense IMO. Im not fully aware of there situation at tight end but i see them drafting a defensive player, like Darnell Bing or Ashton Youboty, two guys with weird last names that Chad Johnson can talk about all day long in practice.

Denver Broncos drafting a Tackle???? Umm i dont see any reason why they would think they need a tackle since they already have the best O-Line in football. They need some recievers and with Rod Smith getting older and older i think its about time for them to draft a wide reciever. Sinorice Moss would be a nice fit in there with Jake Plummer, he is an easy target who tends to get open in short yardage situations, and break away for a big gain after tha catch.

But im surprised that none of you see the two standout Quarterbacks Charlie WhiteHurst or Brodie Croyle in the first round of that draft. I see WhiteHurst in Miami and Croyle in Detroit. I know that thats ridiculously high but i can just imagine both of those guys going to those respective teams.

San Diego Chargers, why not pump up the O-Line? make Ladanians job even easier why not.

Yea so i cant make an entire Mock Draft because i dont know all of the players but i know alot of the teams situations and what would really just fit with all of there teams. So here are just a couple of my projected picks.

Texans-Reggie Bush (and they trade down)
    Saints- Matt Leinart (very hi powered offense, Matt Leinart, perfect fit.)
    Titans-Vince Young( do you know him and steve mcnair go way back?)
    Packers-Who cares they gonna suck regardless
    Cardinals-LenDale White-(Perfect match, remember Shipp and Smith?)
    Ravens-DeangeloW.(no Jamal Lewis, he can fight for startin spot.and win)
    Dolphins-Whitehurst( a little high i know but they NEED a QB. he fits em)
    Vikings Chad Jackson(C-JACK, T-WILL EDGE+PEP, YES!)
    Chiefs-SantonioHolmes-(KC needs a WR. BAD. Santonio just FITS there)
    Colts-Laurence Maroney(Edgerin James-like. Dreds and everything)

and thats it. Im not a expert or onthin thats just what i think would/could/should happen in the draft if everything goes right. (by go right i mean like everyone has there 1st rounders and everything)

Ummmm yea. im done. finally.
    Yea.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"JDante" wrote:

I dont think that Baltimore is seriosly in need of a QB right now with Kyle Boller on the roster. He performed well at the end of the year and i can see him being the franchise of the Ravens. And with the hype surrounding Jay Cutler right now i dont think he would take very kindly to having to battle for the starting position, and i dont think that Bollermore would take him anyways. Jay Cutler to the Rams. Deangelo Williams to the Ravens.

Denver Broncos drafting a Tackle???? Umm i dont see any reason why they would think they need a tackle since they already have the best O-Line in football. They need some recievers and with Rod Smith getting older and older i think its about time for them to draft a wide reciever. Sinorice Moss would be a nice fit in there with Jake Plummer, he is an easy target who tends to get open in short yardage situations, and break away for a big gain after tha catch.

But im surprised that none of you see the two standout Quarterbacks Charlie WhiteHurst or Brodie Croyle in the first round of that draft. I see WhiteHurst in Miami and Croyle in Detroit. I know that thats ridiculously high but i can just imagine both of those guys going to those respective teams.

Cutler to the Rams? I don't think so. I think he's gone at #4, I really do. The Jets might cut Pennington because he refused to take the pay cut and they want to unload him cuz of his injury problems. Supposedly they were really impressed with him at the Senior Bowl too, and after how he performed at the combine I'm thinking they'll be even higher on him.

As far as Williams to the Ravens, I really don't think so. There was a lot of griping about that offensive line this year and I think they're happy with Chester Taylor.

They do need recievers, but if they sign Terrell Owens then they won't draft anyone. I think that pick is up in the air, and I could see them going defense.

I also don't think Whitehurst or Croyle are going first round. The Dolphins are probably going to sign Drew Brees and the Lions have already said that they're sticking with Joey for one more year. I think if Millen drafted a quarterback in the first round he'd be hung in the square of Detroit.

Just my critiques....

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

1. Texans – Reggie Bush, RB USC
    2. Saints – Matt Leinart, QB USC
    3. Titans –Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt
    4. Jets – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
    5. Packers – AJ Hawk, LB Ohio state
    6. 49ers – Vernon Davis, TE Maryland
    7. Oakland Raiders – Mario Williams, DE NC state
    8. Bills – Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
    9. Lions – Micheal Huff, S Texas
    10. Cardinals - Lendale White, RB USC
    11. Rams – Tamba Hali, DE Penn state
    12. Browns – Manny Lawson DE, NC state
    13. Ravens – Chad Greenway, LB Iowa
    14. Eagles – Chad Jackson, WR Florida
    15. Falcons – Jimmy Williams, S Virginia Tech
    16. Dolphins – Vince Young, QB Texas

17. Vikings – DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

18. Cowboys – Marcus Mcneill, OT Auburn
    19. Chargers – Chad Greenway, LB Iowa
    20. Chiefs – Tye Hill, CB Clemson
    21. Pats – Demeco Ryans, LB Alabama
    22. Broncos – Brodrick Bunkley, DT FSU
    23. Bucs – Sinorice Moss, WR Miami
    24. Bengals – Gabe Watson, DT Michigan
    25. Giants – Ernie Sims, LB FSU
    26. Bears – Leonard Pope, TE Georgia
    27. Panthers – Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota
    28. Jags – Johnathon Joseph, CB South Carolina
    29. Broncos – Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
    30. Colts – Thomas Howard, LB UTEP
    31. Seahawks – Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State
    32. Steelers – Nick Mangold, C Ohio state

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12