Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Possible trade for number one pick?

"vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    pro-day workouts(or the combine) dont mean very much, and there is always one motivation or another for guys to rant and rave, maybe to get make other teams think they know what you are doing.
    Plus if you take a QB #1 overall you are going to have to pay him an absurd amount of money.

the vikings should trade up to take Quinn, He could be the next michael vick.
    Dude, nobody wants Quinn.
    Why in the world would we ever do that.
    Besides the fact that alot of people think he is overrated, why in the world would you take him and he has noone to throw it to if you got him.
    Actually, I would rather have Quinn than any other player in the draft. Even Calvin Johnson. Even Adrian Peterson.

We are a team right now who has 2 real quarterbacks (i'm not counting that camp arm we picked up). One who is an extremly raw 2nd year quarterback who still has alot of learning and playing time to go before he even has a chance at becoming a good or great quarterback in this league. A division 2 player who has actual competition for the starting job from Bollinger. Brooks Bollinger is challenging him for the starting job, granted he wont get it.

Now, I dont agree about the Vick statement, but I do beleive Quinn can be a very good starting quarterback for a team for a long time. And as a team that is as uncertain about the leader of our offense, Quinn doesn't sound quite so bad.

And just because an "expert" thinks someone is overated doesn't actually make them over-rated. i could just as well say that Calvin Johnson is over-rated, so the Vikings better not take him with the 7th pick. You could do that with basically every player in the draft. And for the record Quinn is often regarded by as an elite prospect, and one i hope the vikings manage to snag come draft day.

"vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    pro-day workouts(or the combine) dont mean very much, and there is always one motivation or another for guys to rant and rave, maybe to get make other teams think they know what you are doing.
    Plus if you take a QB #1 overall you are going to have to pay him an absurd amount of money.

Besides the fact that alot of people think he is overrated, why in the world would you take him and he has noone to throw it to if you got him.
    Why take Quinn?
    He is an upgrade at the most important skill position on the team.

Got any more easy questions?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

"vikes09" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Actually, I would rather have Quinn than any other player in the draft. Even Calvin Johnson. Even Adrian Peterson.

We are a team right now who has 2 real quarterbacks (i'm not counting that camp arm we picked up). One who is an extremly raw 2nd year quarterback who still has alot of learning and playing time to go before he even has a chance at becoming a good or great quarterback in this league. A division 2 player who has actual competition for the starting job from Bollinger. Brooks Bollinger is challenging him for the starting job, granted he wont get it.

Now, I dont agree about the Vick statement, but I do beleive Quinn can be a very good starting quarterback for a team for a long time. And as a team that is as uncertain about the leader of our offense, Quinn doesn't sound quite so bad.

And just because an "expert" thinks someone is overated doesn't actually make them over-rated. i could just as well say that Calvin Johnson is over-rated, so the Vikings better not take him with the 7th pick. You could do that with basically every player in the draft. And for the record Quinn is often regarded by as an elite prospect, and one i hope the vikings manage to snag come draft day.
    wow vike mike..... WOW i dont agree with the michael vick analogy unless if its about a team built around a player.
    But vike mike why wouldn't we want Quinn how is he overrated maybe its the fact he got coached by Charlie Weis maybe its the fact that not that many people think he is that good because of how he performed in big games o wait thats not overrated NO THATS UNDERRATED FOOL!

patistheman is offline Starter

wow vike mike..... WOW i dont agree with the michael vick analogy unless if its about a team built around a player.
    But vike mike why wouldn't we want Quinn how is he overrated maybe its the fact he got coached by Charlie Weis maybe its the fact that not that many people think he is that good because of how he performed in big games o wait thats not overrated NO THATS UNDERRATED FOOL!
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but can you please explain how his inability to win a big game means he is underated?

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Wow, Hawkeye, are you EVER wrong?
    I'd put money on that all 60 of your posts have been you enlightening the rest of us as to how the world actually is.
    Also, I apologize that we are all fools compared to you.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

I'd put money on that all 60 of your posts have been you enlightening the rest of us as to how the world actually is.
    no only about 30. the other half are like one word posts that offer nothing more than

true!
    or
    yes
    or
    i think so to.
    ;D
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Am I mistaken, or isn't every game in college football a "big" game?
    To me, bowl games don't mean jack unless it's for the national title, its more of a money grab "pretend" championship.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

thinking that you are never wrong is a common side effect for being a hawkeyes fan

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:

his guy would probably marry michael vick if he could lol
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Am I mistaken, or isn't every game in college football a "big" game?
    To me, bowl games don't mean jack unless it's for the national title, its more of a money grab "pretend" championship.
    I was using "big" game to define games against other top teams in the nation.
    Playing USC is a little bigger than playing Army.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast