Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Possible trade for number one pick?

EVEN IF we traded up to the #1 pick, we STILL need to take Calvin Johnson...there will be QBs just as good next year if TJack doesn't pan out!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tiersius is offline Rookie

I don't think we should trade up, Especially up to #1. If sombody falls a few spots, I could maybe see jumping up a spot or two, but any more than that is like betting the farm for 1 college player. It just doesn't make sence.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    i also heard we were talking to marshawn lynche and i'm almost positive we wouldn't take him at 7.
    so we are probably just throwing up smokescreens to entice teams to trade up, which would be the best case scenario for the vikes really
    We keep looking for clues as to what is a smokescreen and what's not. I think basically every scenario has been called a smokescreen on this site at one time or another. Noone is going to tip their hands deliberately, however, if a team is spending time and money to check someone out then I believe that deserves more attention than an article that says the Vikes 'should' have an interest in this guy or that. We have spent time and money to check out Quinn, so I believe we have a real interest in drafting him, Russell not so much, Johnson..you could say we didn't need to check him out anymore than what he did at the Combine.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i also heard we were talking to marshawn lynche and i'm almost positive we wouldn't take him at 7.
    so we are probably just throwing up smokescreens to entice teams to trade up, which would be the best case scenario for the vikes really
    We keep looking for clues as to what is a smokescreen and what's not. I think basically every scenario has been called a smokescreen on this site at one time or another. Noone is going to tip their hands deliberately, however, if a team is spending time and money to check someone out then I believe that deserves more attention than an article that says the Vikes 'should' have an interest in this guy or that. We have spent time and money to check out Quinn, so I believe we have a real interest in drafting him, Russell not so much, Johnson..you could say we didn't need to check him out anymore than what he did at the Combine.
    true, but only so many are viable at number 7 so you know some guys that are projected in the 1st round but not at 7, like marshawn lynche is nothing but bait.
    unless there's some validity to us liking him and we'd take him if we moved down?
    but is that a position we should be taking in the 1st? not in my opinion, so basically like you said, who knows.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    true, but only so many are viable at number 7 so you know some guys that are projected in the 1st round but not at 7, like marshawn lynche is nothing but bait.
    unless there's some validity to us liking him and we'd take him if we moved down?
    but is that a position we should be taking in the 1st? not in my opinion, so basically like you said, who knows.
    I agree with you that I doubt we would be tipping our hand in the sense of saying we want to move down for Marshawn Lynch, ( though he probably wouldn't be a bad pick up in the late middle)I think letting teams know you are leaning toward moving is fine, and don't understand what the advantage of indicating this is if your not really leaning that way. Again who the hell knows, but I think people sometimes use the smokescreen argument to try and convince you that the Vikes aren't looking at a certain player, like Quinn. Whoever they take I hope we don't see a lot of reaches for need.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    I agree with you that I doubt we would be tipping our hand in the sense of saying we want to move down for Marshawn Lynch, ( though he probably wouldn't be a bad pick up in the late middle)I think letting teams know you are leaning toward moving is fine, and don't understand what the advantage of indicating this is if your not really leaning that way. Again who the hell knows, but I think people sometimes use the smokescreen argument to try and convince you that the Vikes aren't looking at a certain player, like Quinn. Whoever they take I hope we don't see a lot of reaches for need.
    please no.
    with speilman's track record he shouldnt be allowed to be given the benefit of the doubt on any reach .
    didn't he give up a number 2 for a.j. feely, gee wizz
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    please no.
    with speilman's track record he shouldnt be allowed to be given the benefit of the doubt on any reach .
    didn't he give up a number 2 for a.j. feely, gee wizz
    Couldn't be that stupid again could he ??? ???

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I highly doubt the raiders or anyone else is gonna take russel #1 overall, if the raiders do really want him they will probably trade down and get him 5-10.
    I don't know why every thinks he is for sure number 1.
    he is just a fatter culpepper without all the speed.

lol dude how about an 80 yard power arm on one step of course he's taken first overall....LOL

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I give a big NO to Jamarcus Russell. Don't get me wrong, he's got the track record to say that he is a good quarterback and I think he will be good in the pros, but I don't think he's worth the number one pick, and I especially don't think he's worthy of a TRADE for the number one pick. You'd have to pay a huge price to trade from 7 to 2, and I don't think any one player is good enough for that unless they were guaranteed to be Peyton Manning.

I think Russell is a product of the hype machine. No one thought of him as the #1 pick until after the Sugar Bowl, and I HATE basing everything you think about a guy on one game. Everyone fell in love with Russell's size and arm strength after one good performance at the Sugar Bowl against a Notre Dame secondary that was awful all year. I think he's been overhyped and doesn't deserve to be #1.

I say stick @ 7 and see what falls to us.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

Ltrey is a master of knowledge i think #7 has alot better potential for more options where we couldn't take a dlineman 2nd overall without taking alot of heat this is a much better position to be in

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast