Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Re: Possible trade for number one pick?

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Expanding on what Vikes09 wrote:

Any time a team can significantly upgrade their QB, MLB or K, they should do so.
    Those are the three most important players on the field.

I doubt the Vikings will move up to the number one slot, but they may move up a few slots to draft Quinn.

It would depend on what they can determine other teams are doing to move up ahead of them.

As far as WR goes, there are between 1 to 4 WRs on the field in nearly all offensive plays from scrimmage.
    So WRs are, individually, less important than QB on offense, and upgrading the WR unit is usually less effective than upgrading at QB.

Drafting Quinn doesn't mean the Vikings couldn't also upgrade their WR unit.
    The draft is deep in WRs and some vet WRs will be cut after pre-season ends.

Moving up more than 2 spots to get Quinn, or to the number one pick to get CJohnson, would eliminate too many other draft picks, or players, so that would not net as much of an overall improvement in the team.
    i'd say just QB and safety are the most important MLB's are good to have all around skill and kickers aren't that important.
    Adam Vinatieri?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

No, QB, MLB, and arguably kicker are the most important. I would say EVERY position is important but those are big. Your football team will be about as good as your Quarterback unless the rest of the team is absolutely stellar. They are also the leader of the offense. The Kicker will likely get you the most points out of any player on the team. MLB is the leader of the defense.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

he's definetely a special case but he isnt that important he has a pretty weak leg he can't many if any 50+ yarders he can just hit a lot in important moments.
    He's good but not crucial like a QB.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    he's definetely a special case but he isnt that important he has a pretty weak leg he can't many if any 50+ yarders he can just hit a lot in important moments.
    I agree with the fact a kicker is not as crucial as a QB although I will say every position on the field is crucial.
    Kickers can also win and lose games for you.

But what the heck does the rest of your post say?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    I agree with the fact a kicker is not as crucial as a QB although I will say every position on the field is crucial.
    Kickers can also win and lose games for you.

But what the heck does the rest of your post say?
    adam Vinatieri is looked at as a dependable kicker unlike every other kicker.
    He is viewed as someone who misses maybe once a season and is a valueable player to have in the playoffs.
    He is the best kicker in the NFL right now and maybe ever so that is what i meant by special.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    No, QB, MLB, and arguably kicker are the most important. I would say EVERY position is important but those are big. Your football team will be about as good as your Quarterback unless the rest of the team is absolutely stellar. They are also the leader of the offense. The Kicker will likely get you the most points out of any player on the team. MLB is the leader of the defense.
    Classic, recent contrasting situation compared:

SB, 2007:

Peyton Manning vs. Rex Grossman

Bears D vs. Colts O

PManning vs. Bears D

Rex Grossman vs. Colts D

Urlacher vs. P.Manning

Vinatieri vs. ????(Bears Kicker's name escapes me now)

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Gould

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Gould
    Thanx.

I thought they dumped Gould for a new guy, but I was confusing him with Edinger, who he replaced.

....And the Colts MLB is not as well known as Urlacher.

bottom line, the QB skill differential couldn't have been any wider in a SB than this latest one.
    The better QB overcame the challenge of one of the better defenses via his knowledge and ability to adapt, not his arm strength, speed, etc.
    And Vinatieri helped get the Colts to the SB, as he did several times for the Pats.

QB, MLB, K; most important positions, ahead of WR, DE, FS...

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Gould
    Thanx.

I thought they dumped Gould for a new guy, but I was confusing him with Edinger, who he replaced.

....And the Colts MLB is not as well known as Urlacher.

bottom line, the QB skill differential couldn't have been any wider in a SB than this latest one.
    The better QB overcame the challenge of one of the better defenses via his knowledge and ability to adapt, not his arm strength, speed, etc.
    And Vinatieri helped get the Colts to the SB, as he did several times for the Pats.

QB, MLB, K; most important positions, ahead of WR, DE, FS...

yeah good point

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Expanding on what Vikes09 wrote:

Any time a team can significantly upgrade their QB, MLB or K, they should do so.
    Those are the three most important players on the field.

I doubt the Vikings will move up to the number one slot, but they may move up a few slots to draft Quinn.

It would depend on what they can determine other teams are doing to move up ahead of them.

As far as WR goes, there are between 1 to 4 WRs on the field in nearly all offensive plays from scrimmage.
    So WRs are, individually, less important than QB on offense, and upgrading the WR unit is usually less effective than upgrading at QB.

Drafting Quinn doesn't mean the Vikings couldn't also upgrade their WR unit.
    The draft is deep in WRs and some vet WRs will be cut after pre-season ends.

Moving up more than 2 spots to get Quinn, or to the number one pick to get CJohnson, would eliminate too many other draft picks, or players, so that would not net as much of an overall improvement in the team.
    i'd say just QB and safety are the most important MLB's are good to have all around skill and kickers aren't that important.
    Adam Vinatieri?
    Ihate kickers and this one in particular after he missed that FG the end of the first half and cost me a grand!!! Ask Parcells what he thinks of the importance of kickers! (and holders)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast