Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    patistheman is offline Starter

Possible trade for number one pick?

This is all rumors and speculation, but Adam Schefter has reported that a few teams, including the Vikings are interested in interviewing LSU QB Jamarcus Russell.
    If any of those teams are interested enough in Russell there could be a blockbuster trade for the number one pick.
    I highly doubt this would happen but I found it interesting to see the Vikings in that group of mentioned teams.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10060470

MississippiViking is offline Training Camp

Re: Possible trade for number one pick?

How about we trade this years #1 #2 and #3 plus next year's #3 for the Raider's #1 pick this year plus Randy Moss!
    How good would we be!!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

not happening.
    it's probably barring the raiders pass and take calvin johnson.
    nothing more
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I found this much more interesting than the Russell talk
    At least two of those calls have been from teams in the top 10, trying to trade up and position itself for either Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn or Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.
    This definetely could be Minnesota, even though I've said and believe they won't go for a wr this high, it could be Quinn. The other implication seems to be that perhaps again this year we come up short trying to trade up for a franchise QB. If that's the case I believe it bodes well for the folks that want us to trade down and get extra picks.

This could all be more more smokescreens but I certainly could see Cleveland wanting to get a franchise QB. Hopefully they would trade to number one, take Russell, and leave the Vikes a chance to get Quinn.
    As one general manager with a top-10 pick emailed Wednesday: "Cleveland's owner told (the Browns) to draft a QB. … The Lions want it known that they have the pick for Quinn. Minnesota and Houston will have to react. All this Quinn dropping talk is from people who have no clue about the draft."
    I don't really see us trading a bunch of picks for either Johnson or Quinn, and moving up to the 2nd pick would be damn near impossible for the Vikes.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I highly doubt the raiders or anyone else is gonna take russel #1 overall, if the raiders do really want him they will probably trade down and get him 5-10.
    I don't know why every thinks he is for sure number 1.
    he is just a fatter culpepper without all the speed.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just because we are looking at somebody doesn't mean we are trading for anybody. Sheesh.
    Of course we are going to look at everyone in the top ten.

Ragz is exactly right in this one.
    It is probably just making sure we look at everybody in the event that he falls.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I highly doubt the raiders or anyone else is gonna take russel #1 overall, if the raiders do really want him they will probably trade down and get him 5-10.
    I don't know why every thinks he is for sure number 1.
    he is just a fatter culpepper without all the speed.
    well did you hear todd mcshay's analysis of his pro day workout.
    he said it was the best he's ever seen.
    so i can see it, but it's a matter of what the crazy al davis wants, and for all we know he'll take a kicker

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

russell, quinn, johnson, thomas, and peterson will all be gone before we get to pick which is disappointing...that means we'll have to draft DJ or Adams Laundry or someone of that caliber..
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

pro-day workouts(or the combine) dont mean very much, and there is always one motivation or another for guys to rant and rave, maybe to get make other teams think they know what you are doing.
    Plus if you take a QB #1 overall you are going to have to pay him an absurd amount of money.

the vikings should trade up to take Quinn, He could be the next michael vick.

i also heard we were talking to marshawn lynche and i'm almost positive we wouldn't take him at 7.
    so we are probably just throwing up smokescreens to entice teams to trade up, which would be the best case scenario for the vikes really

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast