Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Possible Future Coaches List

"singersp" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    The Fans Coaching Carousel
    There is a list of all the possible coaches for the vikings according to KFAN.
    WTF is K-Fan or anyone else listing Jimmy Johnson? Johnson was asked on national television if he would consider coaching the Vikings and he replied;

[size=24px]NO! [/size]
    BUT what if the Vikings built a new stadium with a retractable roof...then took the Metrodome and built Jimmy his own personal Eco-sphere in it, complete with a golf course so he could pretend that he was living in Florida...that might work!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Unless we get a much better defensive coordinator than we have now or get a defensive minded coach to be head coach, I'll get ticked. We've all found out that offense doesn't win championships so why bring in a head coach that specializes on offense?
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    Unless we get a much better defensive coordinator than we have now or get a defensive minded coach to be head coach, I'll get ticked. We've all found out that offense doesn't win championships so why bring in a head coach that specializes on offense?
    We need a HC that's good at both & knows his shit!

One that will make the Midwest Offense & the Midwest Defense a household name! :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    Correct! So Wilf needs to cross Martz off of his list if he is on it in the first place!!! Others that are currently OCs like Childress or Saunders might get a pass on this...but only because they have never been HCs...they might be more balanced once they are totally in charge...plus they might be able to bring in a respected DC that would be given free rein to control the defense and to have input in how the defense is treated in the overall scheme of things. BUT ideally, yes, I would also like a defensive-minded coach...preferably Fisher if the Titans let him go.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Posted on Wed, Jan. 04, 2006

[size=18px]Speculation puts Childress atop Vikings' list of candidates[/size]

By LES BOWEN
    [email protected]

Brad Childress' tour of the Upper Midwest is set to continue today in Green Bay, amid speculation that he might have moved to the top of the list of head-coaching candidates in Minnesota, where Childress interviewed yesterday.

The Eagles' offensive coordinator has been mentioned in connection with several of the eight head-coaching jobs now open in the NFL. Media speculation in Minnesota holds that the Vikings, who made Childress the first candidate they interviewed after firing Mike Tice following their final game on Sunday, are now worried about losing Childress if they prolong their process.

Apparently, the Vikings also were interested in Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who agreed to a new deal yesterday with Washington reportedly worth as much as $8 million over 3 years, the richest in league history for an assistant. Needless to say, the new pact will take him out of the running for a head-coaching job this offseason. The Vikings now are believed to be worried about the number of jobs open and the less-than-overwhelming pool of high-profile candidates.

Neither Childress nor agent Bob LaMonte could be reached for comment.

The New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans were reported to also have asked for and received permission to talk to Childress, 49, a member of the Eagles' staff since Andy Reid's arrival in 1999 and the team's offensive coordinator since 2002.

The Vikings are committed to interviewing their defensive coordinator, Ted Cottrell, today, along with Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders. In Green Bay, Childress joins what is apparently a lengthy list of candidates; the Packers are not thought to be close to deciding. Houston likewise seems in no great hurry, having outlined a plan to interview one candidate per day, with Childress apparently scheduled for Sunday or Monday. New Orleans' plans are unknown.

Meanwhile, at least one report yesterday mentioned Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson among a lengthy list of candidates to coach the St. Louis Rams. Johnson, who turns 65 in May, said last year that he believes his window of opportunity for becoming a head coach probably has closed. An Eagles source had heard nothing of the Rams asking to talk with Johnson.

[quote]The Vikings now are believed to be worried about the number of jobs open and the less-than-overwhelming pool of high-profile candidates.

Some of us were worried about the "pool" before Tice was fired. We warned you.

And we will more than likely be trying to fill the 3 top slots, HC, OC & DC!

Loney's looking at Arizona

The GM position is going to be exremely tough now.

If Wilf & Co. don't act fast, we'll be stuck with toaster leavings or Cottrell.

Or worse yet........Fossil.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I haven't read that much about the current coaches available to us, but i heard some talk about Fischer from the Titans being a good guy for us if he's let go from Tennesee, any thoughts about him, be it good or bad?

This is just for my information.
    ;-)

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    The Fans Coaching Carousel
    There is a list of all the possible coaches for the vikings according to KFAN.
    WTF is K-Fan or anyone else listing Jimmy Johnson? Johnson was asked on national television if he would consider coaching the Vikings and he replied;

[size=24px]NO! [/size]
    BUT what if the Vikings built a new stadium with a retractable roof...then took the Metrodome and built Jimmy his own personal Eco-sphere in it, complete with a golf course so he could pretend that he was living in Florida...that might work!!! :lol:
    Jimmy loves his boat, and well what other team had more talk about boats then...well...you know :roll:

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

POSTED 9:49 p.m. EST, January 4, 2006

WILLIAMS FREE TO LEAVE THIS YEAR, IF HE WANTS

Despite initial reports that the new contract signed by Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams prevents him from interviewing for a head coaching job in 2006, other reports suggest that Williams' $8 million, three-year deal does not preclude him from leaving this year, if he so chooses.

Who's right? Per NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, a provision preventing an assistant coach from interviewing for or accepting a head coaching position is prohibited by league rules.

It's possible that Williams and Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has agreed verbally that Williams won't leave, but how enforceable is that? Put simply, it isn't.

So if someone wants to, say, double the $2.67 million annual salary that Williams will earn the next three years, Williams is free to accept.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i dont know if this has been brought up and i dont care to look but what about martz are our offensive coordinate? just a thought.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast