Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Possible free agent pickups (footballsfuture.com)

1. Edgerrin James, RB
    2. Steve Hutchinson, LG(Not RG)
    3. Will Witherspoon, OLB
    4. Adam Archuleta, SS
    5. Jon Runyan, RT

Other considerations;
    LeCharles Bentley, C(Could move Birk to T or G or Bentley to G)
    Jeff Backus, OT
    Victor Riley, OT
    Julian Peterson, OLB(Won't come cheap, could replace Johnstone)will start instantly at OLB, has best coverage skills in the league!
    Idrees Bashir, S
    Matt Wilhelm, MLB(RFA)
    David Givens, WR(If Robinson isn't resigned)

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

IF we could get Huthenson and move the rook to tackle and dump Rosenthal we would be set if Birk is back to normal!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

How many times do I have to say it...
    WE AREN'T GONNA GET HUTCH! They will make him a franchised player in order to sign Alexander, so this isn't even an issue.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Dont be so sure, I don't believe Seattle wants to give Alexander 80 million dollars, he isn't getting any younger you know! But it is possible that they use the Tag on Hutch!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    How many times do I have to say it...
    WE AREN'T GONNA GET HUTCH! They will make him a franchised player in order to sign Alexander, so this isn't even an issue.
    I'm not going to jump down a fellow Kentuckians throat here COJO, but until he officially gets franchised, it is an issue.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]Franchise tag may await Hutchinson[/size]

By José Miguel Romero
    Seattle Times staff reporter

KAPOLEI, Hawaii — No matter where he goes on Oahu, Shaun Alexander draws a crowd.

He's constantly surrounded by family, well-wishers, media types and autograph seekers.

Steve Hutchinson is at the other end of the extreme. Hutchinson, like Alexander a Pro Bowl starter, keeps a low profile. His smile doesn't come quite so naturally as Alexander's, as seen on Team Photo Day during the NFC squad's practice Friday.

And it works for him.

Truth be told, Alexander's success wouldn't be possible if not for the efforts of Hutchinson and the rest of the Seahawks' offensive line. That makes the re-signing of Hutchinson as much a priority for the Seahawks in the next few weeks as getting Alexander back in the fold.

If Alexander is the NFL's best running back, Hutchinson might as well be known as the most dominant left guard in the pros. And he, like Alexander, wishes to remain a Seahawk.

"I'd like to stay in Seattle, and we've got a good thing going," Hutchinson said after the NFC's practice at the Ihilani Resort outside of Honolulu. "They drafted me. A bunch of other teams passed up on me. So they had the confidence in using their first-round pick on me. And then we've weathered the storm the first couple of years when we really couldn't put too much together, and now we've really started to see the benefits of hard work."

The Seahawks favor keeping the current team together. It probably won't happen, as at least a couple of the team's 15 potential unrestricted free agents are bound to not be re-signed or accept offers from other teams.

But Hutchinson is a must-have, some say.

"He's a great player and he's a vital part of the locker room and he's a vital part of our offense," center Robbie Tobeck said. "There's a reason he's been in three Pro Bowls — it's because he's such a great player, and I think it's key to continue our success to have guys like him in the locker room."

Hutchinson, 28, is the leading candidate for the Seahawks' franchise tag, as Alexander's expiring contract stipulates that he cannot be franchised by the team.

The designation means Hutchinson, who just finished his fifth season, would next season be paid the average of the top five salaries in the NFL for offensive linemen from 2005. That is, if he signs the one-year franchise tender.

The tender would only be an issue if Hutchinson is franchised. The team could still reach a long-term deal with Hutchinson before Feb. 23, the last day teams can designate a franchise player.

"I really haven't had the time to sit and think about it," Hutchinson said. "It's a one-year deal. It's a great honor, I guess, to be designated. In this day and age with the [uncertainty] of the sport and injury, you'd like the security of a long-term deal."

Hutchinson missed 12 games with a broken leg in 2002, but since then has started every game for the Seahawks.

When first approached about the topic in November, he said he preferred to wait until the end of the season before discussing his future. His representatives did have some preliminary talks with the Seahawks about a contract at that time.

"You always say what if," Hutchinson said when asked if he felt an extension could have been worked out long before now. "But here it is, and however you dealt with it before, put it on the back burner."

Fellow Pro Bowl pick Walter Jones knows the ins and outs of the Seattle franchise tag, having received it three times from 2002 to 2004.

What would Jones say to Hutchinson about free agency?

"Do the things that you feel are important to you and your family," Jones said. "That's the only thing I can say to Hutch. I know him. He's going to do the right thing. The only thing that you can hope for when it's all said and done is that he's happy."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Like I said... until he OFFICIALLY is tagged then there's a chance anything could happen. Thus, it doesn't hurt anyone to think of scenerios in which he isn't tagged.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ive known for weeks that we wouldnt get this guy. Not saying I told you so, or being a negative nancy, but we wont. Hes too big a player for them to loose.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I would be SOOOO happy if we got Witherspoon or Peterson (or both!!)

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234