Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Possible free agent pickups (footballsfuture.com)

"smootbythefoot" wrote:
    are we switching to the 3-4 or just staying 4-3?
    We are going with a variant of the cover 2, which is primarily a 4-3 scheme.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Childress said that the first thing that needs to be fixed is up fron on both O and D. I know some ar ein love with Udeze and the Eraser, but I think Abraham would be a definite upgrade. Udeze, Eraser, Scott and Johnson can fight it out for the other spot, may the best DE win. Is Johnstone going to be with us next year, is he a FA???
    NOT for the money that he wants though!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The only player on that list that catches my eye as far as playing on the Vikings goes is.. Steve Hutchinson. We need a good O-Linemen to go with what we got..

The thing that puzzeled me was all of the DE's. We are more than set at DE. With Udeze coming back and James breaking out last year. I say we are just fine in that position. As far a SS goes, I will almost bet that Chavous will leave so we need to either fill that role in FA, or look within our team to fill it..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like hutch, and I would not be surpirsed to see the Vikes pursue him pretty hard in free agency...
    Yes, I am not sure if Childress will have a place for a Fonoti type lineman (overweight). It would be nice if we could have a slim Fonoti and a Hutch.

Yes Cajun, Abraham is probably going to want some money, but we need a heavy pass rush from the ends. We need a big play guy? I really am not a proponent of Abraham, but I really just want consistant play from that position on our team.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We have tons of young talent at the Defensive end spot.. I don't think Wilf is ready to give up on them..

We have bigger needs then a position we are pretty deep in.. Expecially with Udeze coming back

if he didnt miss all those field goals during the game we wouldnt have been in those tense situations.

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

Why didn't they have any LB's on the list? I'm pretty sure that lb and guard are our two biggest need. The ones they had are good though, if we lose chavous we could use archuleta, lose williams and we could use allen, and abraham would be good for a low price. But we don't need a reciever, unless we traded Williamson or lost Robinson and burleson.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like hutch, and I would not be surpirsed to see the Vikes pursue him pretty hard in free agency...
    Yes, I am not sure if Childress will have a place for a Fonoti type lineman (overweight). It would be nice if we could have a slim Fonoti and a Hutch.

Yes Cajun, Abraham is probably going to want some money, but we need a heavy pass rush from the ends. We need a big play guy? I really am not a proponent of Abraham, but I really just want consistant play from that position on our team.
    Problem is that Abraham wants to break the bank...and we already have alot invested in the DE position...plus Abraham is kinda brittle. :sad:

"mn2181" wrote:
    Why didn't they have any LB's on the list? I'm pretty sure that lb and guard are our two biggest need. The ones they had are good though, if we lose chavous we could use archuleta, lose williams and we could use allen, and abraham would be good for a low price. But we don't need a reciever, unless we traded Williamson or lost Robinson and burleson.
    Allen wants big money and he won't come here to be a backup...plus he won't beat out Winfield or Smoot.

Abraham will NOT come at a low price...money is the MAIN reason he won't be staying with the Jets...he wants a HUGE long-term contract...and we already have a ton invested in the DE position.

We would be best served to invest our money in the LB, RB and OG (or OT) positions (depending on whether Marcus Johnson is used at either G or RT)...the rest of the positions, we are fairly set...unless Chavous goes, then we need a SS as well...unless Offord and Fox can fill the void.

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast