Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Ponder might provide early dividends for Vikings

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-farrar-ponder_may_payoff_early_for_vikes_052111
    After playing footsie with Brett Favre(notes) over the last two seasons, the Minnesota Vikings put themselves in a position to need a starting quarterback rather desperately in preparation for the 2011 campaign.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Ponder might provide early dividends for Vikings

Thanks for the read my friend.

A few things came out in that video that are consistent with young Ponder since he was drafted.......

a. He always says Musgroves name first, followed by Spielman and then Frazier. I have no doubt in my mind that Musgrove is the driving force behind all offensive moves this year by the team.

b. He continually points out how similiar the offense is that Musgrove is going to run to the offense he ran at FL. The "Seamless" transition comment is almost becoming a "Ponder Cliche" for me.

c. He seems to be pretty confident, especially when he talks about the players that will be around him on his new team. Atleast he agree's with me about how good this team is. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ponder might provide early dividends for Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098269
    Thanks for the read my friend.

A few things came out in that video that are consistent with young Ponder since he was drafted.......

a. He always says Musgroves name first, followed by Spielman and then Frazier. I have no doubt in my mind that Musgrove is the driving force behind all offensive moves this year by the team.

b. He continually points out how similiar the offense is that Musgrove is going to run to the offense he ran at FL. The "Seamless" transition comment is almost becoming a "Ponder Cliche" for me.
    I'm willing to be there will be more to come that Ponder hasn't gone through, but Musgrave is keeping things easy for him. You can't take an NFL playbook, throw it at a rook and say "learn this by yourself". Bad results will happen.

Instead, using what you know about his playing style, and what they ran at FSU, they come up with things he knows and is familiar with as a starting point. I expect the lingo will get more complicated as the playbook expands.
    c. He seems to be pretty confident, especially when he talks about the players that will be around him on his new team. Atleast he agree's with me about how good this team is. :laugh:
    He's gotta be. If your top round QB looks scared and says he's on a shit team, bad things will happen.