Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    ....an interested and engaged Randy Moss will inflate ANY QB's rating, yards, TDs, potential, etc.

Just sayin'.
    So you are saying we should go after BOTH Moss and Cassell?

That would be cool.
    That's a different thread:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50120.msg894759#msg894759

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

There does seem to be a good amount of man love for Cassell but I think its very unlikely he leaves Pat-Town. If their not sure about the progress of Brady's knee he is going nowhere. On top of that I havn't watched a ton of Cassell but is he the guy we really want to pay big money for, or is he the guy in the Patriots offense surrounded by superior talent and coaching?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    ....an interested and engaged Randy Moss will inflate ANY QB's rating, yards, TDs, potential, etc.

Just sayin'.
    So you are saying we should go after BOTH Moss and Cassell?

That would be cool.
    That's a different thread:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50120.msg894759#msg894759

=Z=
    ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    There does seem to be a good amount of man love for Cassell but I think its very unlikely he leaves Pat-Town. If their not sure about the progress of Brady's knee he is going nowhere. On top of that I havn't watched a ton of Cassell but is he the guy we really want to pay big money for, or is he the guy in the Patriots offense surrounded by superior talent and coaching?

This is exactly how I see Cassell with my own eyes.
    He is not a quick fix for us, fact is, no QB alone is a quick fix for us at this time. We also need to work on the Left side of our OL and WR's.......
    I like at least 5 other QB's on the FA list, more than I do Cassell right now.
    My first choice would be Carr.
    I don't see the Pats letting him go either right now, not with them not knowing the way that Brady is going to heal at this point.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

He is not a quick fix for us, fact is, no QB alone is a quick fix for us at this time. We also need to work on the Left side of our OL and WR's.......

I don't see the Pats letting him go either right now, not with them not knowing the way that Brady is going to heal at this point.
    My first choice is to see if the Bengals will trade Carson Palmer.
    My second choice is to see if the Eagles will trade McNabb.
    My third choice is to throw my hands up in the air and pray that Tarvaris gets it.

Nothing else out there gets my loins tingling in the slightest.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ragz is offline GM

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    I won't comment much on the Cassell topic, but I'll give my two cents worth and thats it...

Cassell only looked good at times, because of his supporting cast.........I'm not sold on the kid, and I definetly don't want the Vikings spending their cash on him.....

I'm suprised no one is looking at Carr.
    Now Carr, I'de be very interested in....Period
    I have a big man love for Carr, we should have went after him when he was leaving Houston.

You know Cassel... i don't have a lot of problems with him. It al depends on how much we will have to spend. I really don't want to give him any huge contract or anything but it seems he'll want that
    why, cuz he had one half of decent play against the vikings?
    last year he was terrible with carolina when he played, looking like he did for alot of what eventually had them giving up on him in houston.
    do you wanna upgrade the position or do you just wanna pick up a guy and hope for a miracle?

jackson has shown just as much potential if not more than anything carr has ever shown.
    so if you are just talking competition i wouldnt mind, but if you are actually talking about a no doubt starter, carr is far from that.
    With the proper o-line the guy knows how to play football. He has the line in NY but not the starting QB position.
    well that is kinda bold considering he only played one half.
    i mean thats enough for you to ignore the rest of his career?
    i mean they werne't even sure he was gonna win the backup job in ny to start the season
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

My third choice is to throw my hands up in the air and pray that Tarvaris gets it.

=Z=

Well Zeus, if you want to talk trades, for sure I'de rather go with Palmer or McNabb, over any of the FA's out there.
    Question is, who to we package to make such a trade offer?......
    Neither will come cheaply, but I'de welcome either if the deal was a solid one.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

=Z=
    I think this might be the second time this month I agree with you... weird.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

=Z=
    I like the Carson Palmer idea, that would really be ideal. So long as he can stay healthy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Wait a minute, wait a minute.
    Who the hell got Z's login and password.
    Doesn't Z typically pooh pooh post like this away cause the cat is under contract?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast