Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 256
  1. #101
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm sorry, you're going to have to prove it was satire with an 8-paragraph, tabbed responsed notorized by Zygi himself.
    Is your tail between your legs tickling your nutsack?

    =Z=
    Still got nothing? Not surprised... keep sh*tting out speculation as fact, some dumb people might actually believe you know what you're talking about.

    I have no room for a tail between my legs, my d*ck is far too big.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #102
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Remember what happened last time we took that attitude with a quarterback's injury?

    We missed out on Drew Brees.
    When Drew Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints, the starting QB for the Minnesota Vikings was Daunte Culpepper.
    How many times are you going to post that? It is not true.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368259

    And I repeat:

    The Dolphins decided to stop waiting for Chargers quarterback Drew Brees to lower his contract demands and opted to give the Vikings a second-round choice to acquire quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

    Brees agreed to a six-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday. The deal includes a $10 million signing bonus.

    Miami coach Nick Saban revisited the trade talks with the Vikings on Monday, after Dolphins officials determined that the contract demands of Brees were more than they wanted to invest.

    Culpepper passed his physical for the Dolphins and Miami scheduled a Wednesday afternoon news conference to introduce their new starting

    The Daunte trade was executed before Brees signed. They had been talking about trading him for quite some time so if the interest was there(And there was speculation about him coming here) we certainly could have done it. The FO just chose not to. Hopefully this is the last time that this has to be corrected.
    No it wasn't.
    Your timing is off by a couple days.

    Monday - 3/13/06 - Brees is a FA, with interest from both Miami & New Orleans.
    During the day (according to YOUR article), the Dolphins decide Brees is too expensive and reach out to the Vikings.

    Tuesday - 3/14/06 - Brees signs with the Saints.

    Wednesday - 3/15/06 - Culpepper is traded to the Dolphins.

    The hindsight thing makes it sound as if the Vikings could have jumped into the Brees derby at the last minute and made a powerful play for him.
    The reality - AT THE TIME - is that Brees had long since narrowed his options to the Dolphins and the Saints and that the Vikings were NOT part of the equation.
    The Dolphins only turned to the option of trading for Daunte AFTER they were unable to sign Brees.
    Haha... it's fun to watch you speculate to cover your tracks... nothing you said above is fact.

    You think he narrowed his options... but you don't know because you've never spoken a word to Brees.

    Also, all that you've said above is that in fact Minnesota could have made a push for Brees if they , but decided to simply stay with Johnson.


    Again, my point to begin with... the front office f*cked up...
    Nothing is fact?
    The two undisputable facts are that Brees signed on 3/14 and Culpepper was traded on 3/15.


    When the Vikings decided not to make a push for Brees, Daunte Culpepper was their starting QB, not Brad Johnson.
    Johnson only became the choice after Daunte forced his way out of town.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #103
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    Nothing is fact?
    The two undisputable facts are that Brees signed on 3/14 and Culpepper was traded on 3/15.


    When the Vikings decided not to make a push for Brees, Daunte Culpepper was their starting QB, not Brad Johnson.
    Johnson only became the choice after Daunte forced his way out of town.

    =Z=
    Haha... so you think that Minnesota couldn't have made a push [size=18pt]ONE[/size] day earlier? That's the basis for your argument? or even a week earlier?

    You are like a child who refuses to admit Santa isn't real. It's sorta sad to watch.

    EDIT: and the fact that the Vikings traded Culpepper away the NEXT DAY doesn't exactly tell me they wanted him as their starting QB... genius.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #104
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm sorry, you're going to have to prove it was satire with an 8-paragraph, tabbed responsed notorized by Zygi himself.
    Is your tail between your legs tickling your nutsack?

    =Z=
    Still got nothing? Not surprised... keep sh*tting out speculation as fact, some dumb people might actually believe you know what you're talking about.

    I have no room for a tail between my legs, my d*ck is far too big.
    You point at a BS fake article as "evidence" that I am wrong and then when called upon it, you dance like Emmitt Smith.


    I have this:
    A Google search reveals that NO OTHER MEDIA OUTLET ON THE PLANET has the quotes shown in that fake article.


    At this point, you're just arguing to argue, because you can't buck up like a man and admit you fucked up.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm sorry, you're going to have to prove it was satire with an 8-paragraph, tabbed responsed notorized by Zygi himself.
    Is your tail between your legs tickling your nutsack?

    =Z=
    Still got nothing? Not surprised... keep sh*tting out speculation as fact, some dumb people might actually believe you know what you're talking about.

    I have no room for a tail between my legs, my d*ck is far too big.
    You point at a BS fake article as "evidence" that I am wrong and then when called upon it, you dance like Emmitt Smith.


    I have this:
    A Google search reveals that NO OTHER MEDIA OUTLET ON THE PLANET has the quotes shown in that fake article.


    At this point, you're just arguing to argue, because you can't buck up like a man and admit you fucked up.

    =Z=
    How so?

    I said that Brees was available when we got rid of Culpepper... there was one day between Brees signing and Culpepper being traded...

    You are saying that one day made it impossible for Brees to come to Minnesota and they never even considered Brees... which is pure speculation.


    Either way, I'm right because my original argument was that the front office f*cked up... which they did.


    And you saying that they wanted to go into the season with Culpepper over Brees is just laughable... he was traded the next day.


    I win.

    Let it go.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Nothing is fact?
    The two undisputable facts are that Brees signed on 3/14 and Culpepper was traded on 3/15.


    When the Vikings decided not to make a push for Brees, Daunte Culpepper was their starting QB, not Brad Johnson.
    Johnson only became the choice after Daunte forced his way out of town.


    =Z=
    Haha... so you think that Minnesota couldn't have made a push [size=18pt]ONE[/size] day earlier? That's the basis for your argument? or even a week earlier?

    You are like a child who refuses to admit Santa isn't real. It's sorta sad to watch.

    EDIT: and the fact that the Vikings traded Culpepper away the NEXT DAY doesn't exactly tell me they wanted him as their starting QB... genius.
    *Bump

    I just wanted to bump this because it's hilarious.

    According to Zeus, the front office wanted Culpepper to start the season one day, then the next day traded him.


    I can't argue with logic like that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #107
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Nothing is fact?
    The two undisputable facts are that Brees signed on 3/14 and Culpepper was traded on 3/15.


    When the Vikings decided not to make a push for Brees, Daunte Culpepper was their starting QB, not Brad Johnson.
    Johnson only became the choice after Daunte forced his way out of town.
    Haha... so you think that Minnesota couldn't have made a push [size=18pt]ONE[/size] day earlier? That's the basis for your argument? or even a week earlier?

    You are like a child who refuses to admit Santa isn't real. It's sorta sad to watch.

    EDIT: and the fact that the Vikings traded Culpepper away the NEXT DAY doesn't exactly tell me they wanted him as their starting QB... genius.
    You are one of these people who seem to exist in a magical land where everything that their team wants and needs should just happen, regardless of the consequences to the other teams.
    Just because you think the Vikings could have jumped in on Tuesday and grabbed Brees from the Saints (without one single meeting between the Vikings and Brees and without one single consultation with his doctors) doesn't mean that actually could have happened.

    I really wonder when confronted with some of the mindless GM-ing you do here why you didn't go into football management as a vocation.
    The Lions would love to have brainpower like that on their staff.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #108
    CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    307

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    You have to admit the FO does some strange things

  9. #109
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Remember what happened last time we took that attitude with a quarterback's injury?

    We missed out on Drew Brees.
    When Drew Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints, the starting QB for the Minnesota Vikings was Daunte Culpepper.


    =Z=
    Which means the front office wasted time and lost out on an opportunity.

    If you don't think they were already planning to trade him while Drew was available (which they were), my money would guess you're wrong.
    If memory serves, the whole issue around Pepp was related to a couple of things....

    a.
    His rehab and the location he elected to do it and the staff wanting him to come up for a checkup and possibly change his rehab site to Winter Park.
    b.
    His insistance on getting a extension/new contract even though he wasn't gonna be able to play that year.
    c.
    Who was gonna fill in for him while he got his knee right.

    Of course things quickly got pissy and he pushed to be traded which resulted in the Miami trade, however, I still don't think it was wrong of this staff to look else where for a long term starter at that point and time that Bree's was on the market.

    As I said one time (that got completely ignored), show me a team that pays 2 QB's starters money and I will buy into the whole Bree's issue.

    Until then, I am gonna go with Z here and say he was not even an option at that point and time.
    But Brad Johnson was?

    Yeah... that's the sort of decision making I want in the Vikings front office...
    Wait a minute now, were did you get that I said the FO made the correct decision?
    I have never seen a FO make 100% correct player/personnel decisions.

    Tapeh, Holcomb are prime subjects of contention with me my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #110
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Please remember this when exhibiting man-love for Matt Cassell...

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm sorry, you're going to have to prove it was satire with an 8-paragraph, tabbed responsed notorized by Zygi himself.
    Is your tail between your legs tickling your nutsack?
    Still got nothing? Not surprised... keep sh*tting out speculation as fact, some dumb people might actually believe you know what you're talking about.

    I have no room for a tail between my legs, my d*ck is far too big.
    You point at a BS fake article as "evidence" that I am wrong and then when called upon it, you dance like Emmitt Smith.


    I have this:
    A Google search reveals that NO OTHER MEDIA OUTLET ON THE PLANET has the quotes shown in that fake article.


    At this point, you're just arguing to argue, because you can't buck up like a man and admit you fucked up.
    How so?

    I said that Brees was available when we got rid of Culpepper... there was one day between Brees signing and Culpepper being traded...
    And you're wrong.
    Brees was not available when the Vikings traded Culpepper.
    Keep on arguing about that if you want, but you're wrong.


    You are saying that one day made it impossible for Brees to come to Minnesota and they never even considered Brees... which is pure speculation.

    Either way, I'm right because my original argument was that the front office f*cked up... which they did.

    And you saying that they wanted to go into the season with Culpepper over Brees is just laughable... he was traded the next day.

    I win.

    Let it go.
    You wrote that I should put my tail between my legs because I was shown to be wrong by a fake post on a satire website.
    Go back and check the quoting, genius boy.
    I'm now asking for you to admit the post was fake and accept your just desserts.

    You'd rather whine and bitch and moan about ONE DAY!!!!! all afternoon long than confront your own mistake.

    If anything, that's what is sad.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adrian Peterson exhibiting Purple Pride in MN & AZ
    By PPLA in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
  2. Chiefs Trade for Matt Cassell
    By Mr Anderson in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:16 AM
  3. Matt Cassell leaves Patriots at the death of his father.
    By Mjölnir in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
  4. Josh McDaniels/Matt Cassell Combo?
    By Mjölnir in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:49 AM
  5. They all still love, and remember you Corey!!!
    By ForceOfNorse in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •