Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lurtsema's Reaction: Players That Fit

The best coaches ADAPT...Parcells may have been successful with his Frank Sinatra approach (MY WAY) in the past, but it seems to not be working very well in Dallas so far. The smartest coaches get the best players that they can find and adjust the game plan accordingly. Those coaches are trendsetters, ahead of the curve...taking players that are good football players and making them great...taking players that no one else can see potential in and building great teams from them. Look at Bill Walsh...NO ONE really wanted Joe Montana...Bill picks him up in the third round and ends up with ARGUABLY the greatest QB to ever play the game! Same with Jerry Rice...Bill Walsh takes him when most scouts and front office guys didn't think that he would amount to much in the pros because he didn't play against D-I competition...now Rice is widely considered the greatest WR to ever play the game! The list goes on and on...but suffice it to say that GREAT COACHES do what it takes to succeed and aren't afraid to change something in their coaching philosophy once they recognize when something is not working anymore.

Let's hope that Childress is that next GREAT COACH!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The best coaches ADAPT...Parcells may have been successful with his Frank Sinatra approach (MY WAY) in the past, but it seems to not be working very well in Dallas so far. The smartest coaches get the best players that they can find and adjust the game plan accordingly. Those coaches are trendsetters, ahead of the curve...taking players that are good football players and making them great...taking players that no one else can see potential in and building great teams from them. Look at Bill Walsh...NO ONE really wanted Joe Montana...Bill picks him up in the third round and ends up with ARGUABLY the greatest QB to ever play the game! Same with Jerry Rice...Bill Walsh takes him when most scouts and front office guys didn't think that he would amount to much in the pros because he didn't play against D-I competition...now Rice is widely considered the greatest WR to ever play the game! The list goes on and on...but suffice it to say that GREAT COACHES do what it takes to succeed and aren't afraid to change something in their coaching philosophy once they recognize when something is not working anymore.

Remember, Dallas sucked when Parcells took over, and I think they have gotten better every year he has been there.

Dallas, I hate to say, are themselves only a few key ingrediants away from being the top of their Div. again.....

Parcells in my eyes has always been a great coach of this league....And I don't think I've ever heard of a player talking bad about him......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Remember, Dallas sucked when Parcells took over, and I think they have gotten better every year he has been there.

Dallas, I hate to say, are themselves only a few key ingrediants away from being the top of their Div. again.....

Parcells in my eyes has always been a great coach of this league....And I don't think I've ever heard of a player talking bad about him......
    I agree Ned, the Cowboys success can only be attributed to Parcells IMO. The only difference is he IS alotted many years because he had success in the past. He is proven.

That is the only reason I said for Childress to be able to follow Bill Parcells he needs time and he needs to have early success.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

I agree Ned, the Cowboys success can only be attributed to Parcells IMO. The only difference is he IS alotted many years because he had success in the past. He is proven.

That is the only reason I said for Childress to be able to follow Bill Parcells he needs time and he needs to have early success.

Well heres to hoping that he has a great amount of success his first season, and many, many more to follow leading the Vikes to many Champioships.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12