Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

Re: Which Players on the board look good for Day Two?

I like OL Beekman and WR Allison for my first choices.
    If they are gone then OL Doug Free or DE Baraka Atkins or DE Jay Moore.
    ILB Brandon Siler would be nice too if he is still around for any of the picks.
    Mostly Allison and Beekman.
    That would be GREAT!!!!
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

I like Allison, but also in round 4 i would like to take Troy Smith, as a nice little project for Childress to groom as well

Thanks josdin00

honestly, i am thinking we should take a chance on a QB in the 5th or 6th round like Jared Zabransky or Isiah Stanbeck! i live in Idaho and watched that Boise game, which was amazing, he showed he can really lead a team and create big plays with his feet when needed. I am a huge Washington Huskies fan, Isiah is a fast guy that can add a different dimension to this team if he wants, either at WR or TE! i know this seems a little bias since i am huge fans of these guys, but i think using a 5th or 6th round pick on them wouldn't hurt, espcially if one of them pans out and contributes to the team!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I still think we're fine on DE....

On a side note; Michael Bush is still on the board... that is freakin RIDICULOUS.
    I'd pick him up in a heartbeat if he were around for us, even if we give up Memo and Fason to make room (trade obviously).....

I know we don't need a RB but he's insanely good.... I believe he was a Heisman FAVORITE before his injury last year.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"WINchester" wrote:
    I know we need help at the DE position but i think if we wait till the 7th round there will be two studs to choose from Xzavie Jackson from Missouri and Antwan Barnes from Florida International but if we pick earlier i like Brian Robison from Texas

I'd rather us use our two 4ths, 5th and 6th rounders on our offensive line and a TE

i like...

OT
    Doug Free - N. Illinois (stud)
    Adam Koets - Oregon State
    Brandon Frye - V-Tech

OG
    beekman - BC, Wrotto - GT, M. Ramirez - TT, Mike JOnes - Iowa

OC
    harris - NC state, Mozes, WV, Datish - OSU, S. Stephenson - ISU, Fry - clemson

TE
    Patrick - Delaware, Milner - Georgia, Chandler - Iowa
    but i really like Kevin Boss out of Western Oregon for a 7th rounder or FA pickup
    Stud DEs in rd 7?
    ???

By definition, wouldn't the stud DEs be gone by round 1 or 2... at the latest?

???

Are you saying all 32 NFL teams are 'idjits' for missing out on those DEs today, and will continue to do so thru the end of round 6?
    ;D

I think the Vikings, like other teams, will fill needs on Day Two, rather than strictly adhere to a BPA approach.
    The reason?
    There is little difference in level of talent between a player taken at slot 200 versus another player taken at 215.
    So, taking a player for need in rds 4-7 has far less potential to be a reach than a player taken in rounds 1-2-3.

Therefore, I see OG, DT, and KOS as needs that might be filled ASAP on Day Two.

Furthermore, there are several fairly talented DEs who have underperformed, who are currently on the roster.
    But the remaining DEs to chose from do not seem to have as much potential, so it would be wasteful to select less talented DEs to compete with those already on the roster.

Alternately, OL depth and versatility could be useful, and competition at RG could be found via Beekam.
    The same could be said for a backup DT to compete against Spencer, and a K who might be used for KO's and long FG attempts.

Also consider that there will be several vets available after the draft, from Monday thru the end of the pre-season, to fill remaining needs.
    So, drafting purely for need should be avoided.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I still think we're fine on DE....

On a side note; Michael Bush is still on the board... that is freakin RIDICULOUS.
    I'd pick him up in a heartbeat if he were around for us, even if we give up Memo and Fason to make room (trade obviously).....

I know we don't need a RB but he's insanely good.... I believe he was a Heisman FAVORITE before his injury last year.
    So, you're saying 32 NFL teams don't have a good reason among them for drafting an insanely good RB?

What about medical reports that you don't have access to, due to medical record privacy issues?
    Could that be a reason?
    Or, police records or files than might indicate another worrisome issue?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11197&action=login&appRedirect=http%3A%2 F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fnfldraft%2Fdraft%2Ftrack er%2Fplayer%3Fid%3D11197

This Guy Has good measurables he is 6'5 an ran a 4-4 i would look at him in the fifth round

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Late night though.

Draft Michael Bush and try to make it a "Four Horseman" scenario with Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Michael Bush, and Mewelde Moore.

Go Vikings!

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Late night though.

Draft Michael Bush and try to make it a "Four Horseman" scenario with Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Michael Bush, and Mewelde Moore.
    Reading that idea, my reply is "you should have gone to sleep an hour ago, you're groggy!".

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i like Aundrea Allison, and either troy smith or Brandon Siler with are other pick, i think Siler could be a steal...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast