Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

Picks #17, 48, 83, & 114 get us to Pick 6. Want to do it?

After looking at the draft pick value chart I discovered that by trading our #17(1st round), #48 (2nd round), #83 (3rd round), & #114 (4th round) the Vikes could move up to pick number 6 in a trade with the 49ers. While trading 4 picks to simply move up in the draft might sound crazy here is the way I see it.

First of all I think the 49ers would love to accumulate as many picks as possible being that their team sucks. Therefore I could see them considering our offer.

Second of all even after trading these picks the Vikings would still have a first, second, and third round pick. This is what we would have had under normal circumstances anyways. Sure we loose a 4th but who cares. When is the last time we had an increadible 4th round pick? (I am sure someone will try to look that up! :grin: ) Third of all, the Vikes would be in a position at #6 to get either Vince Young, Jay Cutler, or even AJ Hawk if the Packers sign LaVar which is seeming possible.

While Cutler does not interest me, those other 2 do. If we drafted Hawk with # 6 we could still draft a QB, WR, or CB with our 2nd and 3rd round selections. The position that we choose not to select out of those 3 areas of need could simply be drafted in the later rounds, or else we could sign a player after the June 1st cuts to fit the remaining area of need. I personally like the possibility of this idea. Let me know what you all think.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Picks #17, 48, 83, & 114 get us to Pick 6. Want to do it?

Undecided

Picks #17, 48, 83, & 114 get us to Pick 6. Want to do it?

After looking at the draft pick value chart I discovered that by trading our #17(1st round), #48 (2nd round), #83 (3rd round), & #114 (4th round) the Vikes could move up to pick number 6 in a trade with the 49ers. While trading 4 picks to simply move up in the draft might sound crazy here is the way I see it.

First of all I think the 49ers would love to accumulate as many picks as possible being that their team sucks. Therefore I could see them considering our offer.

Second of all even after trading these picks the Vikings would still have a first, second, and third round pick. This is what we would have had under normal circumstances anyways. Sure we loose a 4th but who cares. When is the last time we had an increadible 4th round pick? (I am sure someone will try to look that up! :grin: ) Third of all, the Vikes would be in a position at #6 to get either Vince Young, Jay Cutler, or even AJ Hawk if the Packers sign LaVar which is seeming possible.

While Cutler does not interest me, those other 2 do. If we drafted Hawk with # 6 we could still draft a QB, WR, or CB with our 2nd and 3rd round selections. The position that we choose not to select out of those 3 areas of need could simply be drafted in the later rounds, or else we could sign a player after the June 1st cuts to fit the remaining area of need. I personally like the possibility of this idea. Let me know what you all think.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

undecided

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

No way do I want to trade any picks to move up! I think we're great just where we are!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Sorry guys... for some reason the 1st poll didn't include the no option so I re-submitted hoping it would overwrite the 1st post. If a mediator wants to delete the 1st one that would be awesome (if that is possible).

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

way too many picks for just a sixth spot

Go vikes!!

danimal292 is offline Rookie

i didnt even finish reading it... NO

Id do it, but then again im high on Culter...so thats just me.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I think its too much. I like where we are at. We can fill our holes with the picks we have.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast