Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pick up another WR?

I liked Ferguson....I think he has more potential than he showed in our offense.

Our offensive scheme may have held him back.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I liked Ferguson....I think he has more potential than he showed in our offense.

Our offensive scheme may have held him back.
    He seems like a good guy, and we know he can block.
    I wouldn't mind keeping him and drafting another in case one of the guys gets injured or doesn't pan out as planned.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Actually, if one were to look at it this way one could almost figure it out....

Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.
    Just because it were like that last year. It doesn't necessarily need to be like that this year. When you get down to those last spots, there is a lot of other things that goes in to if you might carry 6 on the 53-man, like ST ability, and skill potential.

Also while we might not see a lot of 5 man WR in the playbook or even on the 45-man, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of that getting tweaked in there.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).

Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.
    Just because it were like that last year. It doesn't necessarily need to be like that this year. When you get down to those last spots, there is a lot of other things that goes in to if you might carry 6 on the 53-man, like ST ability, and skill potential.

Also while we might not see a lot of 5 man WR in the playbook or even on the 45-man, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of that getting tweaked in there.
    You might be right.
    I is pretty hard to determine a trend with only 2 years, but they predominantly carried 5 in 2006 as well even though they brought a few guys in late off the practice squad.

They did however start with a butt load and then whittled it down.

My quess is they will "Tweak" the roster a bit and bring in a few "Undrafted FA" as well as a couple 3rd tier FA's for competition/act as practice fodder, but will ultimately carry only 5 again.

The Tapeh signing has me scratching my head a bit.
    I thought they were gonna use T-richs roster spot to bring Mills onto the active roster.

My guess is they will only carry 4 S's this year to get an extra roster spot but I anticipate using that to maybe carry a 5th DT (Pat and Kevin both wore down late last year).

Just not sure were the extra roster spot would/will come from.

2006 WR Roster (Pre-53 Man Roster)
    Travis Taylor

Troy Williamson
    Marcus Robinson

Billy McMullen

Bethel Johnson
    Martin Nance
    Carter, Jason
    Mann, Maurice
    Hymes, Randy
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

You might be right.
    I is pretty hard to determine a trend with only 2 years, but they predominantly carried 5 in 2006 as well even though they brought a few guys in late off the practice squad.

My quess is they will "Tweak" the roster a bit and bring in a few "Undrafted FA" as well as a couple 3rd tier FA's for competition/act as practice fodder, but will ultimately carry only 5 again.

I thought they were gonna use T-richs roster spot to bring Mills onto the active roster.

My guess is they will only carry 4 S's this year to get an extra roster spot but I anticipate using that to maybe carry a 5th DT (Pat and Kevin both wore down late last year).

Travis Taylor

Troy Williamson
    Marcus Robinson

Billy McMullen

Bethel Johnson
    Martin Nance
    Carter, Jason
    Mann, Maurice
    Hymes, Randy
    We'll see, I'm not even going to speculate on the 53 before we're deep into TC

Of course they'll add a bunch of UDFAs along with their draftpicks. Lots of water to run under the bridge yet my friend.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

You might be right.

Travis Taylor

Troy Williamson
    Marcus Robinson

Billy McMullen

Bethel Johnson
    Martin Nance
    Carter, Jason
    Mann, Maurice
    Hymes, Randy

Of course they'll add a bunch of UDFAs along with their draftpicks. Lots of water to run under the bridge yet my friend.
    Ahh, I see.
    That is one of my failings.
    I really look at the 53 man roster to see what roster spots are actually open and then really look to see if the guy can eventually fill one of those roster spots as an upgrade or to replace someone who has left or is injured.

2 years now they have carried 5 WRs leads me to believe they will continue as I just don't see were they will sacrifice a player at another roster position to open one up.

;D
    Lots and lots of water this year.
    I think some guys might get let go to accomplish that and some fans on PPO will be beeeeyatching when it happens.

I really believe they want to get Mills on the roster and should carry an extra DT (IMHO) this year. Again, not sure how they are gonna get Mills there and think we will sacrifice a DE roster spot for the DT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=VikesFan4Life link=topic=42846.msg732864#msg732864 date=1204426833]

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

You might be right.

Travis Taylor

Troy Williamson
    Marcus Robinson

Billy McMullen

Bethel Johnson
    Martin Nance
    Carter, Jason
    Mann, Maurice
    Hymes, Randy

Ahh, I see.
    That is one of my failings.
    I really look at the 53 man roster to see what roster spots are actually open and then really look to see if the guy can eventually fill one of those roster spots as an upgrade or to replace someone who has left or is injured.

2 years now they have carried 5 WRs leads me to believe they will continue as I just don't see were they will sacrifice a player at another roster position to open one up.

;D
    Lots and lots of water this year.
    I think some guys might get let go to accomplish that and some fans on PPO will be beeeeyatching when it happens.

I really believe they want to get Mills on the roster and should carry an extra DT (IMHO) this year. Again, not sure how they are gonna get Mills there and think we will sacrifice a DE roster spot for the DT.
    [/quote]Of course one will have it in the back of the head. And you'll look at where there might be needs on the depth chart in general.

I just feel it's premature to speculate on 5 or 6 WRs, will there be 7 DLs more than 8 OLs and so on. There's way to much that will go into that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123