Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Pick up another WR?

Do you think we should go out and pick up a another WR like Walker or trade for Fitz still? I hear we were interested in them but that may be because we werent sure about Berrian. Do you think we should go out and sign another so we can go 3 and 4 WOs to keep defenses from stacking the box (Also go for drafting a WR early in the draft) or just use Wade in the
    slot and go 3 WOs when needed.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Pick up another WR?

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    Do you think we should go out and pick up a another WR like Walker or trade for Fitz still? I hear we were interested in them but that may be because we werent sure about Berrian. Do you think we should go out and sign another so we can go 3 and 4 WOs to keep defenses from stacking the box (Also go for drafting a WR early in the draft) or just use Wade in the
    slot and go 3 WOs when needed.
    My bet is that if they do add another Vet it will be to resign Ferg.
    If they don't then I would assume they will draft a guy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tbone0135 is offline Waterboy

Personally I would pay a large amount to see Fitz and Berrian and Rice lined up in Purple

"Tbone0135" wrote:
    Personally I would pay a large amount to see Fitz and Berrian and Rice lined up in Purple
    LOL, I hear ya my friend.
    That is why fans don't get to run the team.

Can you imagine how over the CAP the team always would be.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Tbone0135" wrote:

Wilf would for sure

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think we could use one.
    Berrian is good, I do not think he is spectacular.
    Adding another quality guy cannot hurt.

Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

tclawmen is offline Starter

Like everything else in free agency, it would depend on the amount of money the player wanted but if we can add another w/r that would be a weapon, not just a roster filler, than I would say go get him and use the draft for DE, CB and Offensive line help.
    As far as Fitzgerald is concerned, if Berrian got 42 Million what do you think it would take to sign him? There is no way that is going to happen, we need to let that pipe dream go along with the one where Moss comes back.

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Actually, if one were to look at it this way one could almost figure it out....

Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Actually, if one were to look at it this way one could almost figure it out....

Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.
    Couldn't have stated it any better myself, Marr!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast