Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    duvaldomo's Avatar
    duvaldomo is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    903

    Pick up another WR?

    Do you think we should go out and pick up a another WR like Walker or trade for Fitz still? I hear we were interested in them but that may be because we werent sure about Berrian. Do you think we should go out and sign another so we can go 3 and 4 WOs to keep defenses from stacking the box (Also go for drafting a WR early in the draft) or just use Wade in the
    slot and go 3 WOs when needed.

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    Do you think we should go out and pick up a another WR like Walker or trade for Fitz still? I hear we were interested in them but that may be because we werent sure about Berrian. Do you think we should go out and sign another so we can go 3 and 4 WOs to keep defenses from stacking the box (Also go for drafting a WR early in the draft) or just use Wade in the
    slot and go 3 WOs when needed.
    My bet is that if they do add another Vet it will be to resign Ferg.
    If they don't then I would assume they will draft a guy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Tbone0135 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    Personally I would pay a large amount to see Fitz and Berrian and Rice lined up in Purple

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    "Tbone0135" wrote:
    Personally I would pay a large amount to see Fitz and Berrian and Rice lined up in Purple
    LOL, I hear ya my friend.
    That is why fans don't get to run the team.


    Can you imagine how over the CAP the team always would be.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    "Tbone0135" wrote:
    Personally I would pay a large amount to see Fitz and Berrian and Rice lined up in Purple

    Wilf would for sure

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    I think we could use one.
    Berrian is good, I do not think he is spectacular.
    Adding another quality guy cannot hurt.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  8. #8
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    Like everything else in free agency, it would depend on the amount of money the player wanted but if we can add another w/r that would be a weapon, not just a roster filler, than I would say go get him and use the draft for DE, CB and Offensive line help.
    As far as Fitzgerald is concerned, if Berrian got 42 Million what do you think it would take to sign him? There is no way that is going to happen, we need to let that pipe dream go along with the one where Moss comes back.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Actually, if one were to look at it this way one could almost figure it out....

    Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.


    BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

    The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

    Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: Pick up another WR?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Bryant Johnson would be a nice FA addition, but I think the Vikes will go with a guy in the draft like James Hardy (Indiana) or possibly Jordy Nelson (Kansas State).
    Actually, if one were to look at it this way one could almost figure it out....

    Our staff likes to carry 5 WR's on the 53 man roster and usually deactivates one for the actual game day roster.


    BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Allison

    The question is, do they feel that BB and B-wade add enough Vet leadership if they choose to draft another guy or do they want to go ahead and keep one more Vet (Ferg) on the roster to make sure that a young developing QB has reliable targets.

    Again, my guess is that they will bring Ferg back if they can get him at a reasonable price.
    He is a pretty decent possesion reciever, is a great blocker and wants to come back.
    Couldn't have stated it any better myself, Marr!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You Canít Pick Perfect, Just Pick Right
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 08:10 PM
  2. 2008 NFL Draft pick-by-pick analysis
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
  3. With the 72nd pick in the draft the Vikings pick?
    By ViKing24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:44 AM
  4. And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •