Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Pick 146 (RD 5) Aundrae Allison WR - E. Carolina

WR out of East Carolina. What do we think?

NFL Network guys like him.. A LOT.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Pick 146 (RD 5) Aundrae Allison WR - E. Carolina

Wow we are loading up on the Carolina boys, which doesnt hurt my feelings any down here.
    It just helps bring more press in the local papers about the Vikes which I like.

Dont know much about this guy, but I will try to find out.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Vikes take Aundrea Allison

You beat me by 30 seconds dagn't

I like him quite a bit too.

Formerly Viking24

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

I love the fact, that this was the guy they wanted with their second 4th round pick, Spielman realized he could get this guy in the 5th so he gets a 6th 7th and 3rd rounder next year!
    WELL DONE... I like this guy a lot too!

SIUviking is offline Starter

Heck yeah, best player left on the board according to ESPN. Two WRs that were in the top 6 in the draft! Now we need to pick up a good O-lineman in FA or somewhere.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

Really good, projected on a lot of boards to go 3rd-4th round
    a lot of guys on this site loved this guy

he's quick footed, good route runner, good hands, catches away from his body, long arms, deep threat, pretty good punt returner too
    not tough though

i just dont like how were not trying to fix up the O-line

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I wish I could get the NFL Network Benet.
    I have no idea what to think of him, because ESPN won't shut up about Brady Quinn.
    Guess I'll have to wait and see.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

For real?
    I don't even show him in any of my mags.

Always remember and never forget......

Just cause you don't know his name don't mean he can't play ball.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I like this guy alot, great draft!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Here's what NFL.com Draft Profile says about him:

Positives: Has a good bubble, split high, with long legs, high calves and that explosive playing burst to easily gain separation after the catch … Shows above average lateral agility and balance when changing direction, doing an excellent job of extending for the ball and keeping his feet inbounds when working along the sidelines … Has loose hips and good feet to get in and out of his cuts. His quick first step lets him explode off the line … Also has the hip wiggle and head fakes to elude defenders after the catch … Even when his speed fails to elude the defensive back, he has the hip wiggle and shake needed to prevent from being rerouted … Might not look physical enough to fight off the jam, but knows how to use his arm-over action to separate when the defender attempts to press … Has the quickness to separate along the perimeter and the "make you miss" burst to get down field … His vertical speed is evident by his ability to consistently stretch the field and make good body adjustments to the ball … Can uncover and free up from his man working in the short area … Demonstrates the ability to sink his hips and go low to grab the ball on shallow crossing routes … Has the burst to get under the ball and make the over-the-shoulder grab look routine … Is quick to gobble up the cushion, especially when working in the zone … Very quick off the line and has the suddenness to get to top speed instantly … You notice on film his ability to drop his weight, sink his hips and maintain body control in and out of his cuts when separating … By staying at a low pad level, he is very effective at rapidly accelerating to get under the ball … Shows the ability to keep his eyes on the ball, even when knowing the defender is about to deliver a viscous hit … Has a good feel for the sticks and chains and makes good body adjustments on the move to uncover … Excels at keeping his feet in-bounds working along the sidelines and slipping through tight coverage … Has a good working relationship with his quarterback and that timing and ability to stay in sync lets him come back when the pocket collapses … Looks like a gazelle in the open field, showing a smooth stride that quickly gobbles up the cushion … Knows he doesn't have the brute power to break tackles, so he uses his change of direction and planting agility to elude the lethargic defender … He twists, turns and spins to slide away from contact and can use the defender's body well to push off and gain separation … Effective open-field cutter because of his ability to attack the defender low and use his hands to mirror and sustain … A lethargic defender is soon surprised by Allison's quickness and explosion using his hands to lock on and steer in the second level.

Negatives: Needs to improve his upper body muscle definition … Like most junior college players, he still has not developed good weight room habits, but is improving … Is not a "first one to enter, last one to leave" type in the training room, but if he receives patient coaching, he will develop those traits … Did not have the brute strength to out-muscle the more physical defenders when he arrived on the ECU campus in the spring of 2005, but he compensated with his long arms, good ball concentration and leaping ability to get to the balls thrown into a crowd (has now added 15 pounds of muscle to his frame and was not beaten by press coverage in any games during 2006) … Gets into a pattern where he throttles down when not involved in the play … Needs to do a better job of timing his leaps, as he had 10 passes deflected in 2006, including five in the final two games … Needs to be monitored, as he has a history for being late to practices and meetings … Won't play with pain and does not take well to hard coaching (poor work habits put him in the doghouse last season) … Relies more on his speed than pattern development and needs to become a better route runner (fails to set up the defenders and must be more aggressive going for the ball) … Adequate second-level blocker, but will back away from the action when asked to block in-line … Must improve his upper body strength or the more physical NFL corners will have good success rerouting or jamming him … Tries to run before securing the ball, leading to a very high amount of dropped or missed balls -- 44 total in 2006 (had 12 batted out of his hands and missed catching nine throws vs. UAB, five more in each of the West Virginia, Southern Mississippi and North Carolina State games and eight vs. South Florida).
    He supposedly compares to Santonio Holmes.. Is that a good thing?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast