Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PFW rumors...OT and AJ Feeely

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Never...... ;D
    I took to big of a beating over this when I suggested in my mock last year we were gonna pass on Ted Ginn Jr for AD.
    I call BULLSHIT.

I challenge you to find ONE PERSON who "beat" you after suggesting the Vikings would pass on Ted Ginn, Jr for AD.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I doubt that the Vikings would have taken ANY other RB in the first three rounds if they hadn't been in the position to take AP.
    I had him as one of my four "Can't Misses" last season (Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and Patrick Willis were the other three), and I would have been PO'ed if they had taken any other player except him or Willis at #7.
    I actually thought that Willlis made more sense (thinking that EJ would be kept at the Will spot) and that Willis could step in at the Mike...but the Vikes obviously (and correctly) felt that EJ was the answer at Mike.
    I was ecstatic that the Vikes got AP, since I knew that he was the real deal...but would not have envisioned that the Vikes would have taken any other RB in that spot.
    The NEED wasn't that high...even IF they wanted a backup to Chester.
    The backup need would have been addressed in the later rounds for certain.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=43283.msg741581#msg741581 date=1205772400]
    You can't honestly be serious and say RB was a need going into last year's draft.... NO AP was the best player available... our biggest needs were WR, QB, and DE..which is pretty much what the needs are again this year... NO way AD was drafted our of necessity...it was a pleasure luxury to get him...

Plus, if we hadn't drafted AD, we probably wouldn't have drafted a RB in that draft.. if so, maybe with a late pick... after we addressed other things...
    [b]
    Yes I am.
    Go back and show me which RB stepped up when CT went down that year?
    I'm not gonna do it again as I had this arguement in 3 different threads last year when I purposed we draft AD instead of CJ.

Hey, I bet you were one of the guys that was saying Memo, Fason, and Pinner were good backups to CT.
    Again, go back and pull up the stats, especially from the games he went down and prove me wrong.

;D
    Actually, I've always been a MEMO fan, but in no way did i say we shouldn't draft a RB because of our backups...

But for you to say that was a "need" for us at that point in the draft is ridiculous... I was also hoping AD would fall to us, and wanted to draft him as well, more than Calvin johnson??... NO!!!!
    He was a bigger need at WR than runninback...

but for you to say, we need a running back inclines me to think that had AD not been there at #7, based on your analysis.... we would have probably traded down and selected Marshawn Lynch!!..

which by no means would we have done... so you can't honestly and logically say RB was a need or glaring need for our team last year because it wasn't!... We got lucky and selected the BPA.... CT was the #9 rusher in the league that year...

Actually, and quite frankly, had AD not been there, we probably would have taken either Gaines adams, laron landry or jamal anderson...

neither or which are running backs.. most likely taking a running back in the 4th where we took robison.
    if at all
    All good points, however, I have lots of stuff about this in numerous threads with alot more detail that proves we needed a RB in the draft that year.

Your are correct, if AD wasn't there would have selected else were as at #7 you are pretty much locked into BPA and not need at that point.

By the way, how did Lynch work out last year.

;D
    He worked out fine but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china??... We wouldn't have taken a running back... c'mon.. just fess up and admit we didn't need one...
    It was a luxury... and it was good to get one... but NEED is a different thing...

that's like saying this year we need a LB.. or we need a kicker or punter... in case kluwe and longwell go down...

Here's an example of my point..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/news/story?id=2847485

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2007/team_needs/minnesota_vikings.htm

http://www.madduxsports.com/minnesota-vikings-draft-preview.html

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=856

Point being there's not one site out there that said prior to the draft RB was a team need.... so c'mon, fess up and let it go....

you can argue that we should have drafted AP but in no way did we need him..
    I actually argued it quite extensively last year at this very same time when I finalized my mock draft and had us taking him over Ted Ginn Jr.

All those guys remember it.
    I just gotta figure out how to search back that far.
    Seems I can only go back to post 9999 or something like that in advanced search.
    [/quote]

Ted Ginn was EXACTLY who we thought he was!!!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers031508.htm

Left tackle quickly has become a position the Vikings could look to improve through the draft. With Bryant McKinnie’s legal troubles possibly leading to a suspension or league action, the team would like to add to its depth there, possibly finding a player who could also swing over to right tackle if Ryan Cook struggles.

Sources have told PFW that there are grains of truth to the A.J. Feeley-to-Green Bay rumors. Kevin Kolb is expected to be promoted to back up Donovan McNabb, which would make Feeley an expensive No. 3. But you might add Minnesota, which seeks a veteran, to the list of teams interested, and, of course, Feeley knows Brad Childress’ system well from their days together in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if something happens on or before Draft Day.
    For the love of my sanity, No more eagles cast off
    OMG Thank you No more eagls cast offs I would rather have some Eagles band memeber on the field. Crap its getting terrible. We are getting so green we are going to start looking like GB colors soon.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

KevinK is offline Starter

I believe this Feeley idea is a great idea for a 4th or fifth round pick.
    But I think we will draft a QB by the third round, so it will be unlikely this will happen.
    But anything average at this point talent wise is a good idea....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234