Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: PFW rumors...OT and AJ Feeely

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sources have told PFW that there are grains of truth to the A.J. Feeley-to-Green Bay rumors. Kevin Kolb is expected to be promoted to back up Donovan McNabb, which would make Feeley an expensive No. 3. But you might add Minnesota, which seeks a veteran, to the list of teams interested, and, of course, Feeley knows Brad Childress’ system well from their days together in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if something happens on or before Draft Day.
    That kindof comment cracks me up a bit.
    I wonder how many Eagles really know our system....

Seems Andy liked to throw a bit more than run and we like to run a bit more than throw.
    Is that because of the Qb situation? I think Childress would like to pass more than run but our Qb situation hasn't allowed for it. When Brad was there, we had a pretty good ration. IF Childress had a McNabb quality player, i think we would be passing at a high ratio.
    Could be but I doubt it.
    Look at what the front office has done and what the coaching staff has done since he got here.

a.
    Went out and got the best Gaurd in the league.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    Installed a Zone Blocking Scheme that is designed for running game.
    c.
    Went out and signed a workhorse RB. CT
    d.
    Signed AD.

You don't do all of that if you want to run the pass happy offense that the Eagles run.

I agree we will see some more passing this year but everyone who longs for the days of deep balls everyother play are gonna be disappointed.
    Still gonna see alot of AD/CT off RG, off LG, off LT, off RT.
    Couple all of tha with the talent they have brought in at WR and QB and you might be on to something ;D

However, Hutch came from Seattle where they have a decent passing game, The Packers are a ZB offense and you are going to be hard pressed to convince me they are primarily a running team.

As far as AD, it wasn't like they drafted him because they wanted to run all of the time,but rather he was there and was the BPA at the time. Had CJ been there instead of AD my guess is we would have had him. (Glad things turned out the way they did)

IMO Childress wants balance(I hope). Right now all they are successful at is running so that is what they do but my guess is if the turd polisher works on his QB and WR's and if the line blocks, you will see much higher passing attempts. Or we will just be 8-8 every year
    Nice points my friend, but lets not forget that teams don't run strictly Zone Blocking schemes.
    They switch back and forth when they run or pass.

As I've said repeatedly on here, our biggest OL issue is when we audible out of run to pass or pass to run based on what I can see on TV and some of the stuff ole Baldy pointed out on NFLN, NFC Playbook.

As to taking AD because he was BPA, I disagree.
    When CT went down (Pre AD), how many yards did we get?

Trust me, if you are gonna run a offense that is heavy on the run, you don't do it with CT, Pinner, Fason and Memo.

AD was not only the BPA but he also filled a big need based on my perception of what type of offense he wants to run.
    Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

At least thats what V convinced me of.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sources have told PFW that there are grains of truth to the A.J. Feeley-to-Green Bay rumors. Kevin Kolb is expected to be promoted to back up Donovan McNabb, which would make Feeley an expensive No. 3. But you might add Minnesota, which seeks a veteran, to the list of teams interested, and, of course, Feeley knows Brad Childress’ system well from their days together in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if something happens on or before Draft Day.

Seems Andy liked to throw a bit more than run and we like to run a bit more than throw.
    Is that because of the Qb situation? I think Childress would like to pass more than run but our Qb situation hasn't allowed for it. When Brad was there, we had a pretty good ration. IF Childress had a McNabb quality player, i think we would be passing at a high ratio.
    Could be but I doubt it.
    Look at what the front office has done and what the coaching staff has done since he got here.

a.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    c.
    d.
    Signed AD.

You don't do all of that if you want to run the pass happy offense that the Eagles run.

I agree we will see some more passing this year but everyone who longs for the days of deep balls everyother play are gonna be disappointed.
    Couple all of tha with the talent they have brought in at WR and QB and you might be on to something ;D

However, Hutch came from Seattle where they have a decent passing game, The Packers are a ZB offense and you are going to be hard pressed to convince me they are primarily a running team.

As far as AD, it wasn't like they drafted him because they wanted to run all of the time,but rather he was there and was the BPA at the time. Had CJ been there instead of AD my guess is we would have had him. (Glad things turned out the way they did)

IMO Childress wants balance(I hope). Right now all they are successful at is running so that is what they do but my guess is if the turd polisher works on his QB and WR's and if the line blocks, you will see much higher passing attempts. Or we will just be 8-8 every year
    Nice points my friend, but lets not forget that teams don't run strictly Zone Blocking schemes.

As I've said repeatedly on here, our biggest OL issue is when we audible out of run to pass or pass to run based on what I can see on TV and some of the stuff ole Baldy pointed out on NFLN, NFC Playbook.

Trust me, if you are gonna run a offense that is heavy on the run, you don't do it with CT, Pinner, Fason and Memo.

AD was not only the BPA but he also filled a big need based on my perception of what type of offense he wants to run.
    Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

;D

One question-

Have you sent the Vikings a copy of what your perception is or are you making them guess with every decision?

;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43283.msg741340#msg741340 date=1205717961]

Could be but I doubt it.

a.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    c.
    d.
    Signed AD.

Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

;D

One question-

Have you sent the Vikings a copy of what your perception is or are you making them guess with every decision?

;D
    [/quote]
    I wish I had 1/10th the knowledge some of those cats have my friend.
    By the way, I would love to sit in on just one day of meetings inside Winter Park.

It would be very interesting to see how far off the mark I am on most of my drivel/musings.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Feely wouldn't be a back pickup if he was a FA, but I'm sick of spending draft picks on a player that will likely be here only one year...ala Holcomb.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=43283.msg741343#msg741343 date=1205718318]

Could be but I doubt it.

a.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    c.
    d.
    Signed AD.

Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

;D

One question-

;D
    [/quote]
    By the way, I would love to sit in on just one day of meetings inside Winter Park.

It would be very interesting to see how far off the mark I am on most of my drivel/musings.
    ;D
    [/quote]

You can't honestly be serious and say RB was a need going into last year's draft.... NO AP was the best player available... our biggest needs were WR, QB, and DE..which is pretty much what the needs are again this year... NO way AD was drafted our of necessity...it was a pleasure luxury to get him...

Plus, if we hadn't drafted AD, we probably wouldn't have drafted a RB in that draft.. if so, maybe with a late pick... after we addressed other things...

AND AS FAR AS AJ FEELY

and DID anyone See the PATS game??? or what about the Seattle game??? AJ Feely's stats the three games he played last year.. which arguably made ppl in Philly realize how much they really needed Donovan...

By the way, Feely had a 61.2 passer rating last year versus Tjacks 70.8

WEEk OPP CMP
    ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD
    INT

RAT
    ATT
    YDS AVG
    11 MIA 13

19 116 68.4 24 1 1 80.2 2 7 3.5
    12 @NE 27
    42 345 64.3 28 3 3 83.9 1 2 2.0
    13 SEA 19

42 220 45.2 47 1 4 30.0 4 14 3.5

TJACK by the way, had 12 picks last year in 12 games.. Feely had 7 in 2.5 games.... So for those of you saying please get this guy.. anything more than say a 5th / 6th rounder isn't worth it.. although he is an upgrade of BB....possibly!!!....

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

How hard is it to sign Gus Frerotte.. Feely no thakns

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43283.msg741348#msg741348 date=1205719177]

Could be but I doubt it.

a.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    c.
    d.
    Signed AD.

Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

;D

One question-

;D
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

You can't honestly be serious and say RB was a need going into last year's draft.... NO AP was the best player available... our biggest needs were WR, QB, and DE..which is pretty much what the needs are again this year... NO way AD was drafted our of necessity...it was a pleasure luxury to get him...

Plus, if we hadn't drafted AD, we probably wouldn't have drafted a RB in that draft.. if so, maybe with a late pick... after we addressed other things...

AND AS FAR AS AJ FEELY

and DID anyone See the PATS game??? or what about the Seattle game??? AJ Feely's stats the three games he played last year.. which arguably made ppl in Philly realize how much they really needed Donovan...

WEEk OPP CMP
    ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD
    INT

RAT
    ATT
    YDS AVG
    11 MIA 13

12 @NE 27
    13 SEA 19

TJACK by the way, had 12 picks last year in 12 games.. Feely had 7 in 2.5 games.... So for those of you saying please get this guy.. anything more than say a 5th / 6th rounder isn't worth it.. although he is an upgrade of BB....possibly!!!....
    [/quote]

nope, not an upgrade over BB at all.
    2007 Brooks- 5 Games, 33 for 50 (66 percent) complete, 1 TD 1 INT, 88.0 Passer rating; 2007 Feely- 3 games. 59 for 103 (57.3 percent) complete, 5TD 8INT, 61.2 Rating

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=43283.msg741363#msg741363 date=1205720132]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43283.msg741348#msg741348 date=1205719177]

Could be but I doubt it.

a.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    c.
    d.
    Signed AD.

Balance to me is 60/40.
    60% run/40% pass.

;D

One question-

;D
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

AND AS FAR AS AJ FEELY

WEEk OPP CMP
    ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD
    INT

RAT
    ATT
    YDS AVG
    11 MIA 13

12 @NE 27
    13 SEA 19

[/quote]

nope, not an upgrade over BB at all.
    2007 Brooks- 5 Games, 33 for 50 (66 percent) complete, 1 TD 1 INT, 88.0 Passer rating; 2007 Feely- 3 games. 59 for 103 (57.3 percent) complete, 5TD 8INT, 61.2 Rating
    [/quote]

Thank you somebody other than myself pointing out the obvious.
    BB is not, I repeat, IS NOT a bad backup QB.
    He's not going to be winning any mvps but he's a decent aged guy with some experience and can hold his own in a game.
    What's the need to waste, and I do mean WASTE on a backup QB who hasn't done better than the backup QB we already have.
    It would almost be like trading for a guy like Kelly Holcomb............oh wait.

"bleedpurple" wrote:

[b]
    Yes I am.
    Go back and show me which RB stepped up when CT went down that year?
    I'm not gonna do it again as I had this arguement in 3 different threads last year when I purposed we draft AD instead of CJ.

Hey, I bet you were one of the guys that was saying Memo, Fason, and Pinner were good backups to CT.
    Again, go back and pull up the stats, especially from the games he went down and prove me wrong.
    ;D

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

[b]
    Yes I am.
    Go back and show me which RB stepped up when CT went down that year?
    I'm not gonna do it again as I had this arguement in 3 different threads last year when I purposed we draft AD instead of CJ.

Hey, I bet you were one of the guys that was saying Memo, Fason, and Pinner were good backups to CT.
    Again, go back and pull up the stats, especially from the games he went down and prove me wrong.
    ;D
    Mar what are you talking about?
    Other than the game that Pinner rushed for 128 yards I don't believe there was a game that Memo or Pinner got more than 2-3 rushes in a game.

Fason had one game 11 carries 75 yards week 13
    Pinner 28 for 128 week 14
    only two weeks a RB not named Taylor had more than 3 carries and they did good

I'll end it now, I don't want to get off topic, but I'm just saying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast