Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

PFW rumors...OT and AJ Feeely

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers031508.htm

Left tackle quickly has become a position the Vikings could look to improve through the draft. With Bryant McKinnie’s legal troubles possibly leading to a suspension or league action, the team would like to add to its depth there, possibly finding a player who could also swing over to right tackle if Ryan Cook struggles.

Sources have told PFW that there are grains of truth to the A.J. Feeley-to-Green Bay rumors. Kevin Kolb is expected to be promoted to back up Donovan McNabb, which would make Feeley an expensive No. 3. But you might add Minnesota, which seeks a veteran, to the list of teams interested, and, of course, Feeley knows Brad Childress’ system well from their days together in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if something happens on or before Draft Day.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: PFW rumors...OT and AJ Feeely

I wouldn't mind Feely as a backup, wasn't it him who did pretty well against the Pats last season? I don't know a ton about him..but he would make a nice backup IMO,
    he spent time as an eagle with Chilly, we'll probably see him here.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers031508.htm

Left tackle quickly has become a position the Vikings could look to improve through the draft. With Bryant McKinnie’s legal troubles possibly leading to a suspension or league action, the team would like to add to its depth there, possibly finding a player who could also swing over to right tackle if Ryan Cook struggles.

Sources have told PFW that there are grains of truth to the A.J. Feeley-to-Green Bay rumors. Kevin Kolb is expected to be promoted to back up Donovan McNabb, which would make Feeley an expensive No. 3. But you might add Minnesota, which seeks a veteran, to the list of teams interested, and, of course, Feeley knows Brad Childress’ system well from their days together in Philadelphia. Don't be surprised if something happens on or before Draft Day.
    For the love of my sanity, No more eagles cast off

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

feely actually can be a quality backup, so i wouldnt be too upset if we made that move..hes better than quinn gray
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

For the love of my sanity, No more eagles cast off
    Actually Feeley would be one of the better cast offs.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Oh crud, and after I get done with a couple of posts today making fun of the Vikings and Eagle Backup QBs that they would trade for..............

Why not, lets get the first rounder ready.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

That kindof comment cracks me up a bit.
    I wonder how many Eagles really know our system....

Seems Andy liked to throw a bit more than run and we like to run a bit more than throw.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Seems Andy liked to throw a bit more than run and we like to run a bit more than throw.
    Is that because of the Qb situation? I think Childress would like to pass more than run but our Qb situation hasn't allowed for it. When Brad was there, we had a pretty good ration. IF Childress had a McNabb quality player, i think we would be passing at a high ratio.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Is that because of the Qb situation? I think Childress would like to pass more than run but our Qb situation hasn't allowed for it. When Brad was there, we had a pretty good ration. IF Childress had a McNabb quality player, i think we would be passing at a high ratio.
    Could be but I doubt it.
    Look at what the front office has done and what the coaching staff has done since he got here.

a.
    Went out and got the best Gaurd in the league.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    Installed a Zone Blocking Scheme that is designed for running game.
    c.
    Went out and signed a workhorse RB. CT
    d.
    Signed AD.

You don't do all of that if you want to run the pass happy offense that the Eagles run.

I agree we will see some more passing this year but everyone who longs for the days of deep balls everyother play are gonna be disappointed.
    Still gonna see alot of AD/CT off RG, off LG, off LT, off RT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Could be but I doubt it.
    Look at what the front office has done and what the coaching staff has done since he got here.

a.
    Went out and got the best Gaurd in the league.
    (Run Blocking)
    b.
    Installed a Zone Blocking Scheme that is designed for running game.
    c.
    Went out and signed a workhorse RB. CT
    d.
    Signed AD.

You don't do all of that if you want to run the pass happy offense that the Eagles run.

I agree we will see some more passing this year but everyone who longs for the days of deep balls everyother play are gonna be disappointed.
    Still gonna see alot of AD/CT off RG, off LG, off LT, off RT.
    Couple all of tha with the talent they have brought in at WR and QB and you might be on to something ;D

However, Hutch came from Seattle where they have a decent passing game, The Packers are a ZB offense and you are going to be hard pressed to convince me they are primarily a running team.

As far as AD, it wasn't like they drafted him because they wanted to run all of the time,but rather he was there and was the BPA at the time. Had CJ been there instead of AD my guess is we would have had him. (Glad things turned out the way they did)

IMO Childress wants balance(I hope). Right now all they are successful at is running so that is what they do but my guess is if the turd polisher works on his QB and WR's and if the line blocks, you will see much higher passing attempts. Or we will just be 8-8 every year

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast