Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:PFT speculates Vikings interest in Buchanon

Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden
    Not sure why they are looking at Buchanon if Bodden is still in play.

Maybe his asking price is just a bit out of Byrzcheapskis limits.
    More likely, his asking price IS MORE THAN THE VIKINGS ARE ALLOWED TO GIVE HIM BECAUSE OF THE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS FROM 2009.

Dear God, Marty! If you're going to position yourself as a Great Football Mind, then you need to make sure you have a handle on the basics.

Right now, the Vikings can sign a UFA only up to the value of the contract that the Bears gave Chester or up to the value that the Redskins gave Hicks. That's it. Doesn't matter what they would like to give someone, they cannot go beyond those two deals.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

More likely, his asking price IS MORE THAN THE VIKINGS ARE ALLOWED TO GIVE HIM BECAUSE OF THE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS FROM 2009.

Dear God, Marty! If you're going to position yourself as a Great Football Mind, then you need to make sure you have a handle on the basics.

Right now, the Vikings can sign a UFA only up to the value of the contract that the Bears gave Chester or up to the value that the Redskins gave Hicks. That's it. Doesn't matter what they would like to give someone, they cannot go beyond those two deals.

=Z=
    Well, I could have said it the way you did, however, my football mind was in a hurry. Instead, I just said it this way....

My apologies I wasn't exact enough with my verbiage to articulate my thought to the level that made sense to you.....

Next time I will include pictures. :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=
    Well, I could have said it the way you did, however, my football mind was in a hurry. Instead, I just said it this way....

My apologies I wasn't exact enough with my verbiage to articulate my thought to the level that made sense to you.....

You've got to stop reading my posts, I think they're rubbing off on you.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=

LOL. Quit. I forget sometimes that Z is a bit of a knit picker and sometimes doesn't read read between the lines to well.

Glad he is around though. Keeps us on our toes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

My apologies if your use of one of your asinine nicknames indicated to my logical mind that you were putting some blame on the Vikings, rather than understanding that the system in place since the NFL year ended last week is what is prohibiting the Vikings from making a move.

Hopefully, you can see that, by including the asinine nickname, that you are insinuating that he (or someone associated with the Vikings) is putting a limit on the spending, rather than the system being the limiting factor.

I fully expect, now, for you to backpedal and apply what you perceive to be subtle put-downs, couched in smilies.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=

I was thinking the same thing... scroll down and sure enough you`re already on it. I lol`ed, not gonna lie.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=

I was thinking the same thing... scroll down and sure enough you`re already on it. I lol`ed, not gonna lie.
    LOL, you guys crack me up.

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=

LOL. Quit. I forget sometimes that Z is a bit of a knit picker and sometimes doesn't read read between the lines to well.

Yes, that's right. I'm picking nits when I point out the fallacy in what you post.

Sorry, dude, but typing "Not sure why they are looking at Buchanon if Bodden is still in play." is just plain wrong. It's not nit-picking to point out that he is not, in fact, in play at all for the Vikings.

=Z=

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    No deal yet for Bodden

=Z=

Yes, that's right. I'm picking nits when I point out the fallacy in what you post.

Sorry, dude, but typing "Not sure why they are looking at Buchanon if Bodden is still in play." is just plain wrong. It's not nit-picking to point out that he is not, in fact, in play at all for the Vikings.

=Z=
    Why isn't he in play oh wise one?

Because we would have to sign him within the contractual constraints that are centered around the players that we already lost?

Are you trying to now convince me that your "God" Bryzcheapski isn't smart enough to work a contract that could work within those constraints?

Gimme a break. You stepped out, without thought, and are now trying to cover it up.

Buchanon sucks, the Lions let him go and they have one cornerback on their team right now. And he can't tackle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast