Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    How many holdouts have there been in the last 6 years or so with the Vikes....I think they do a wonderful job of getting their players under contract.
    I expect nothing differerent from AP
    I'm sorry, but what relevance does the past 6 yrs. hold?

    NONE.

    New ownership, new HC, new staff...

    This year is THIS YEAR.

    Past tendencies are arbitrary.
    I will disagree just a bit, because our salary cap master has not changed.....
    Last time I checked, you do not bite the hand that feeds you.

    Wilf would be a fool not to recognize what a cash crop AD will be.

    He wants him signed. Those further down the totem pole will fall in line. With the lack of prestige that this organization holds, NO ONE has job security.

    My guess is if there is a problem, it will have roots in the agent's side, not management's.
    -Sno

  2. #32
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

    I will disagree just a bit, because our salary cap master has not changed.....
    Also, the longer the money for those big signing bonus checks sits in the bank, the more intrest it draws.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #33
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?


    We will "Get er Done". As usual it'll take until the opening of camp, just look at two years ago, Erasmus missed the morning session and signed, then last year Greenway signed the same day as camp opened, and still beat everyone out to the practise field. Look for AP to get a 3-5% increase over last years 7th round pick. That would be more than fair, unless someone really messes up the scale.

    That being said, Running backs always have the easiest transistion into the NFL. He's not gonna start at first anyhow. So if his agent does drag his feet, a couple days won't hurt much

  4. #34
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    We will "Get er Done". As usual it'll take until the opening of camp, just look at two years ago, Erasmus missed the morning session and signed, then last year Greenway signed the same day as camp opened, and still beat everyone out to the practise field. Look for AP to get a 3-5% increase over last years 7th round pick. That would be more than fair, unless someone really messes up the scale.

    That being said, Running backs always have the easiest transistion into the NFL. He's not gonna start at first anyhow. So if his agent does drag his feet, a couple days won't hurt much
    I disagree....every session missed hurts.....he needs to show he is committed to helping us win, and that he is not about me...me...me...but rather about the team.


  5. #35
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

    I will disagree just a bit, because our salary cap master has not changed.....
    Also, the longer the money for those big signing bonus checks sits in the bank, the more intrest it draws.
    LOL, put it in some hot new international stocks.


    Anyways in reference to the title.
    I don't see AD holding out, he has a good head on his shoulders.
    When AD says he wants to be in camp on time I don't think that is some subtle threat,
    I think he would really like to be at the break of camp. The Brz and and everyone who has came through Winter Park have typically had success at contract negotiation (my opinion) and rookie signings (Underwood flashback). I am not aware of who AD's agent is (Uncle Jerry?) but I don't think he will be talked into a holdout.

    Oh and PFT is worthless gossip.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  6. #36
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

    I can see Quinn holding out.

    He seems like the kind of tit baby who expects to get top 10 money because he probably feels he should have been drafted there in the 1st place.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson needs to learn how to hold onto the damn ball!!
    By mamaluke in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
  2. How to Hold a Football
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 01:08 PM
  3. NFL on hold for Sav Rocca
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
  4. Brad Johnson won't hold out
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 04:43 PM
  5. If you're going to hold out...
    By oddmanout22287 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •