Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

[size=10pt]Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?[/size]

We're hearing talk that the agents of two of the highest-profile players in this year's rookie class -- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Browns quarterback Brady Quinn -- are expected to drag their heels in contract negotiations, waiting for the players chosen in the slots around Peterson and Quinn to get deals done and then trying to beat those deals.

For the Vikings, who chose Peterson seventh overall, that means Peterson's agent, Ben Dogra, will likely wait and see what kind of deal sixth overall pick LaRon Landry gets from the Redskins and what kind of deal eighth overall pick Jamaal Anderson gets from the Falcons. Vikings coach Brad Childress this week emphasized the importance of getting Peterson into camp on time, echoing the same things coaches always say about rookies needing to learn the new system right away.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    -Sno

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peterson, Quinn Likely to Hold Out?

It definetly is coming down to the wire and I doubt the deal is going to get done. We haven't even signed McCauley yet, let alone Rice.

That being said, its not illegal for a player to go to camp unsigned, is it?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    It definetly is coming down to the wire and I doubt the deal is going to get done. We haven't even signed McCauley yet, let alone Rice.

It isn't coming down to the wire any more than every other first round pick.
    Only two of them have signed (I believe), so this isn't anything out of the ordinary.
    More than likely, both the #6 and #8 will be signed before training camp, which would remove any road blacks form AP's negotiations.

AP stressed that he wants to be in training camp on time, so I am not going to start panicking yet.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Json is offline GM

AP stressed that he wants to be in training camp on time, so I am not going to start panicking yet.
    The key word being "YET" atleast for me.
    Another week from now and I might start worrying a little more.

davike is offline Team Alumni

I hope that Peterson doesn't hold out.....I just don't want to have to deal with that, sure, it won't really mean much but I really hope that the Vikes and Peterson can get off to a good start and get a deal done without it coming down to a hold out.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Only two of them have signed (I believe), so this isn't anything out of the ordinary.
    More than likely, both the #6 and #8 will be signed before training camp, which would remove any road blacks form AP's negotiations.

Oh I'm definetly not saying anything bad about AP or his agent. Technically all the first round picks are holding out right now. Still, he might not be in camp, and just because other teams won't have their top rookies in camp does not make me fell any better about that.

This system of waiting until the people near you get signed is just stupid. It slows everything down and the entire NFL suffers from it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Rookies make too much, they should have to prove themselves first.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Oh I'm definetly not saying anything bad about AP or his agent. Technically all the first round picks are holding out right now. Still, he might not be in camp, and just because other teams won't have their top rookies in camp does not make me fell any better about that.

This system of waiting until the people near you get signed is just stupid. It slows everything down and the entire NFL suffers from it.
    Amen to that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I was under the impression that Perterson agent was the same as Quinn's (Tom Condon).
    At least he was when Tom was interview at the draft...

I think they should have a rookie cap like they do in the NHL.
    Make the max contract length 3 years and max salary like 2 million, that way if they're good, they'll make a lot more money on their second contract...a lot fast than if the have to wait 5 or 6 years...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

There's no rule against a rookie going unsigned, but none would do it..

Why?
    If they're hurt, they get no compensation and are worth less when they DO sign a contract... simply put.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast