Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Personal Opinion- Vikings Cannot Let Rice Get Away

[quote="Zeus" #1098436]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098279
    Flawed article from the very moment the guy who wrote it put fingers to keyboard.

Rice is a UFA. There's no "let" about it. He's a free man.

=Z=
    The Vikings placed a first round tender on Rice, restricting his options.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="marshallvike" #1098442]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1098436
    Flawed article from the very moment the guy who wrote it put fingers to keyboard.

=Z=
    The Vikings placed a first round tender on Rice, restricting his options.
    Yes, Flawed post from the very moment the guy who wrote it put fingers to keyboard.

Rice is a RFA.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rice had a breakout year in 2009 when he racked up 83 catches for 1,312 yards and 8 touchdowns. He was one of ten Vikings to be selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009 as well.

Rice was sidelined for most of the 2010 season recovering from his hip surgery, but played a great game against the Buffalo Bills week 13 where he caught 5 passes for 105 yards and scored 2 touchdowns. Did I mention Tarvaris Jackson was the guy throwing to him that game, not Favre?
    Personal Opinion- Vikings Cannot Let Rice Get Away

Lets see, did he make the Noodle look good in 2009 and TJ look good in 2010? ........snicker......
    but TJ looked like shit all 2010. even his one 'good' game he looked like pure garbage.

LRAD made LRAD look good.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

When healthy Rice can be a go to guy on third down and in the red zone. He also opens up the field for the tight end.

I'm not so fearful of losing Rice as much as I fear the Vikings will bring in another substandard replacement.

Rice needs to be relaced by someone who is tall, with good hands, and can go get the jump ball.

If not, it will likely be another offensive year of low points scored and defensive decline due to being on the field too much.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "scottishvike" #1098419
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1098377
    We couldn't even replace Randy with Randy.
    LOL
    I thought that was a good one as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[quote="Zeus" #1098436]

=Z=
    I keep telling you they are all yutz's and chuckleheads.

On a side note, he isn't a free man until we see what the labor talks bring.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098418
    Rice had a breakout year in 2009 when he racked up 83 catches for 1,312 yards and 8 touchdowns. He was one of ten Vikings to be selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009 as well.

Rice was sidelined for most of the 2010 season recovering from his hip surgery, but played a great game against the Buffalo Bills week 13 where he caught 5 passes for 105 yards and scored 2 touchdowns. Did I mention Tarvaris Jackson was the guy throwing to him that game, not Favre?

Lets see, did he make the Noodle look good in 2009 and TJ look good in 2010? ........snicker......
    Rice has been an undependable player over the past few years. Mostly due to injury.

Bear in mind that Rice didn't emerge until Favre showed faith in him in '09. In '07 he showed us that he had some great hands and could potentially be something special...but in '08 he faded, ending with only 15 receptions in 13 games. No one, including YOU, Marrdro, was saying Rice was carrying anyone at that point.

Then comes '09. Favre commits to making Rice a star, Rice steps up, and 83 catches later people start saying that Rice is carrying Favre/the Vikings.

He wasn't.

That was proven in '10 when he returned from injury and was limited to 17 receptions in 6 games. He had one great performance - "the Bail out" with Jackson, but other than that, it wasn't much to write home about.

And, contrary to the assertions of a certain pot stirrer, Rice, Harvin, and the rest were unable to "carry" any of the Viking QB's anywhere....

Do we NEED Rice?

No. Not in my opinion.

He adds to our offense - when he's healthy - but he doesn't carry it. Peterson and Harvin do that much more than Sidney. And, honestly, we need a guy we can count on to be there. With Rice's injury history, can we bank on him? Especially considering that it will take major bank to KEEP him?

Caine
    First, Rice emerged about the time a young reciever usually does....3rd year.

Second, your opinion of guys like Rice and Edwards are just about as predictable as my opinion of the Noodle.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098456
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098418

Rice has been an undependable player over the past few years. Mostly due to injury.

Bear in mind that Rice didn't emerge until Favre showed faith in him in '09. In '07 he showed us that he had some great hands and could potentially be something special...but in '08 he faded, ending with only 15 receptions in 13 games. No one, including YOU, Marrdro, was saying Rice was carrying anyone at that point.

Then comes '09. Favre commits to making Rice a star, Rice steps up, and 83 catches later people start saying that Rice is carrying Favre/the Vikings.

He wasn't.

That was proven in '10 when he returned from injury and was limited to 17 receptions in 6 games. He had one great performance - "the Bail out" with Jackson, but other than that, it wasn't much to write home about.

And, contrary to the assertions of a certain pot stirrer, Rice, Harvin, and the rest were unable to "carry" any of the Viking QB's anywhere....

Do we NEED Rice?

No. Not in my opinion.

He adds to our offense - when he's healthy - but he doesn't carry it. Peterson and Harvin do that much more than Sidney. And, honestly, we need a guy we can count on to be there. With Rice's injury history, can we bank on him? Especially considering that it will take major bank to KEEP him?

Caine
    First, Rice emerged about the time a young reciever usually does....3rd year.

Second, your opinion of guys like Rice and Edwards are just about as predictable as my opinion of the Noodle.
    Agreed. they are all spot on accurate. Throw in TJ and Chiller as well.:laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098459
    Admit it, you missed me.......Two more weeks in the closet then I will be back a bit more. :P

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098470
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098459
    Admit it, you missed me.......Two more weeks in the closet then I will be back a bit more. :P
    Yeah, this is much more fun than those corporate welfare discussions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast