Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Perrilloux's Arm & Other Things - Article

My guess, not very good at this point. If it was, I suspect that he would have been drafted.

Truth of the matter is, I bet almost all of the QB's that joined the next level this year will struggle with those concepts.

Yeah, at this point. In fact some sr49's are still in the beta phase of that concept. maybe they can give this guy 8-10 years to figure it out. :silly:

How so....

Other start came against Middle Tennessee State as he connected on 20 of his 25 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns with an interception
    20 for 25 with 1 INT doesn't sound like a cat who only throws the ball deep. If everyone of those were deep he would have had 600 yards passing.

What I've read, says that he can make all the throws, has a quick release and is very mobile in the pocket. Sounds like a WCO QB to me. Atleast a cat who has the basic skillsets to become one.
    So you are really going to pull one stat from his career and make that the foundation for you argument? Nice :lol:

Try this one :kiss:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/17/n-f-l-draft-the-road-back-for-ryan-perrilloux/
    Would like to see him have better touch on his underneath routes, as his accuracy from 10-15 yards is all over the place. If hes throwing a deep pass he can drop it in a bucket, in stride, and on the correct shoulder. However, if the pass is medium ranged it may end up anywhere.
    1/15/10: As a senior, Ryan Perrilloux had 23 touchdowns to only two interceptions. His completion percentage (58%) was mediocre, but that was because of his sterling 9.9 YPA.
    Perrilloux throws well on the run, and puts good zip on deep balls and has above average football intelligence. He throws extremely well on the run, and puts real snap and zip on deep balls; he is surprisingly accurate well beyond the 25 yard range.

Two TE sets with a FB and a RB doesn't sound like a Raiders/Chargers style of offense my friend.

A shifty slot reciever, a big tall possesion reciever and a speedy wideout that isn't speedy doesn't equate to that either.
    No, But a 1 TE offense with either Sauce or Toby at FB and the QB in the shotgun ( RP was a shotgun QB you know (Of course you know)) with Harvin or and Rice split out does sound more like it no?

Nope, this is a run first, run second, dink dunk on 3rd down offense. Our problem is, we don't exploit the deep stuff very well, which tends to play into the defenses hand as they can gamble and keep 8 in the box more times than not.

Well if that is the case, then there is no need for him on the roster. He is a 7 step drop or shotgun passer with a big arm. No dink and dunk in his game my friend.

Blog Entries

My guess, not very good at this point. If it was, I suspect that he would have been drafted.

Truth of the matter is, I bet almost all of the QB's that joined the next level this year will struggle with those concepts.

Yeah, at this point. In fact some sr49's are still in the beta phase of that concept. maybe they can give this guy 8-10 years to figure it out. :silly:

How so....

Other start came against Middle Tennessee State as he connected on 20 of his 25 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns with an interception
    20 for 25 with 1 INT doesn't sound like a cat who only throws the ball deep. If everyone of those were deep he would have had 600 yards passing.

What I've read, says that he can make all the throws, has a quick release and is very mobile in the pocket. Sounds like a WCO QB to me. Atleast a cat who has the basic skillsets to become one. [/quote]

So you are really going to pull one stat from his career and make that the foundation for you argument? Nice :lol:

Try this one :kiss:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/17/n-f-l-draft-the-road-back-for-ryan-perrilloux/
    Would like to see him have better touch on his underneath routes, as his accuracy from 10-15 yards is all over the place. If hes throwing a deep pass he can drop it in a bucket, in stride, and on the correct shoulder. However, if the pass is medium ranged it may end up anywhere.
    1/15/10: As a senior, Ryan Perrilloux had 23 touchdowns to only two interceptions. His completion percentage (58%) was mediocre, but that was because of his sterling 9.9 YPA.

Perrilloux throws well on the run, and puts good zip on deep balls and has above average football intelligence. He throws extremely well on the run, and puts real snap and zip on deep balls; he is surprisingly accurate well beyond the 25 yard range.

Two TE sets with a FB and a RB doesn't sound like a Raiders/Chargers style of offense my friend.

A shifty slot reciever, a big tall possesion reciever and a speedy wideout that isn't speedy doesn't equate to that either.
    No, But a 1 TE offense with either Sauce or Toby at FB and the QB in the shotgun ( RP was a shotgun QB you know (Of course you know)) with Harvin or and Rice split out does sound more like it no?

Nope, this is a run first, run second, dink dunk on 3rd down offense. Our problem is, we don't exploit the deep stuff very well, which tends to play into the defenses hand as they can gamble and keep 8 in the box more times than not.

Well if that is the case, then there is no need for him on the roster. He is a 7 step drop or shotgun passer with a big arm. No dink and dunk in his game my friend.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Hmmm, I stand corrected,

So you are really going to pull one stat from his career and make that the foundation for you argument? Nice
    Actually, no, I just didn't feel like posting all the box score notes I found, most of which are insider articles...

Scout.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Has there been any recent news on Perriloux? I'm pretty sure nothing happened with us and him, but it sounded like he looked great in tryouts and had a good, humble attitude also.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Has there been any recent news on Perriloux? I'm pretty sure nothing happened with us and him, but it sounded like he looked great in tryouts and had a good, humble attitude also.
    My guess, they brought the kid in for a look at the behest of the Noodle and his agent.

They did that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Hmmm, I stand corrected,
    that is quite the redundant sentence.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Hmmm, I stand corrected,
    I was thinking the exact same thing. What you stated is something that I also noticed.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Hmmm, I stand corrected,
    I was thinking the exact same thing. What you stated is something that I also noticed.
    LOL!

Blog Entries

Has he moved up the depth chart yet?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I don't think he's officially ON the chart yet.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast