Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Performance points to need at tackle

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Lets not waste a first round pick on a Tackle. Most of the elite ones will be gone.
    I say we take CB Davis or Heywood-Bey, with the 22nd pick.
    Either one will be a big time prospect and we can address RT with out 2nd pick.
    49rs have been all over Heywood-Bey. My guess is he is one of 3 or 4 they are targeting.
    Other is a DE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Lets not waste a first round pick on a Tackle. Most of the elite ones will be gone.
    I agree with the OT statement. Davis will not fall to us. If Bey is available, just say no. You out of all people should agree kev. Bey has a problem with separation out of his cuts. I hope you are not on Davis and Beys nuts because of the 40 times.

cka2nd is offline Waterboy

McKinnie has proved that he will never be an elite LT.
    There are enough tackles worth a 1st rounder and if a legitimate Left Tackle is available, I would draft him with the intent of moving McKinnie to the right side.
    Knock on wood, this would shore up two positions either this year or next.

I'd use the 2nd round pick on an eventual replacement for Pat Williams, i.e., a young run-stuffer.

After that, I'd draft for depth at linebacker, guard and tackle, wide receiver, and maybe tight end and fullback.

I'd be shocked if we were able to re-sign Birk, let alone move him to tackle.
    He'll probably get more than we can afford as a free agent.
    I'd be willing to go with the winner of a Sullivan/Cook competition for Center.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    1) It's Heyward-Bey.
    2) He's not that great, just tremendously fast, and he's got pretty good size. But he's not a special receiver IMO. His hands are questionable, his toughness is questionable, his blocking is non-existent, and he didn't produce that well through college(which could be credited to his team.) I just get bad vibes from the kid all round.

The NFL loves speed and that's the only thing keeping him in the discussion of the first round.

IMO The top receivers go
    Crabtree
    Maclin
    Britt
    Harvin
    Nicks
    Derrick Williams
    Heyward-Bey

Derrick Williams participated in the combine with the flu, he plays much faster than he times, anyone who watched a Penn State game can tell you that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cka2nd" wrote:
    McKinnie has proved that he will never be an elite LT.
    There are enough tackles worth a 1st rounder and if a legitimate Left Tackle is available, I would draft him with the intent of moving McKinnie to the right side.
    Knock on wood, this would shore up two positions either this year or next.

I'd use the 2nd round pick on an eventual replacement for Pat Williams, i.e., a young run-stuffer.

After that, I'd draft for depth at linebacker, guard and tackle, wide receiver, and maybe tight end and fullback.

I'd be shocked if we were able to re-sign Birk, let alone move him to tackle.
    He'll probably get more than we can afford as a free agent.
    I'd be willing to go with the winner of a Sullivan/Cook competition for Center.
    Two things......

I like the idea of moving Big Mac to right but maybe not at this time......We are looking at having a new guy at C, possibly a RT as well.
    In the ZB scheme, the more players that are used to playing with each other, the better the scheme works.
    Adding three new pieces to that puzzle would set us back a bit.

Besides, Big Mac played damn decent last year.
    Improve the C play and both our T sacks will go down IMHO.

2. Phat Pat is not just a run stuffer.
    He is also a pocket collapser.
    He can eat up two blockers in the run as well as break those two down (or one blocker if they are silly enough to leave him alone) and get into the backfield.
    Those guys are hard to find my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123