Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Percy Harvin likely under substance program

[size=13pt]Vikings' Harvin likely under substance program[/size]

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: April 30, 2009 - 1:04 AM

If, as reported, Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin tested positive for marijuana in February at the NFL scouting combine, he will almost certainly begin his career in Stage 1 of the league's substance abuse program....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Percy Harvin likely under substance program

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The key question for Vikings fans is would another positive test trigger a four-game suspension of the multi-talented wide receiver whom Minnesota drafted with the 22nd pick of the first round on Saturday? After looking at the NFL’s policies, the answer is no.
    Interesting.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    The key question for Vikings fans is would another positive test trigger a four-game suspension of the multi-talented wide receiver whom Minnesota drafted with the 22nd pick of the first round on Saturday? After looking at the NFL’s policies, the answer is no.
    Interesting.
    Yup - I was mistaken in talking about the policy in other threads (TAKE NOTE MARTY).

I found the most interesting thing to be that we (the public) won't know if he does have a 2nd failure, as the move from Stage 1 to Stage 2 will not be publicized.

Also interesting is the 90-day time limit for Stage 1.
    I wonder if Harvin has already started that 90 days, since the moment the combine failure was detected.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Interesting.
    Yup - I was mistaken in talking about the policy in other threads (TAKE NOTE MARTY).

I found the most interesting thing to be that we (the public) won't know if he does have a 2nd failure, as the move from Stage 1 to Stage 2 will not be publicized.

I wonder if Harvin has already started that 90 days, since the moment the combine failure was detected.

=Z=
    I started a new spreadsheet to track things like that..... ;D JK, you know you still crack me up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Interesting.

=Z=
    so this would mean that by the time the season started he would be back to having a clean slate?
    as i would hope that he would not become wizzinator #2 that the extra uhohh bad move would not be nessessary, it does give a bit more leeway then say Jared's position..

I would say that, in the fact that the best place for PH would be in the vikings group.. being just swamped with soooo many things to do, and soo many things to take in he wouldn't even have a change to think about doing something he shouldn't be. and that this leads to the cleaner.. wants to prove himself attitude which would lead to better production.

we'll see how this unfolds over the off-boring-season...

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

For the kids sake, I hope he walks that narrow path and conforms to the NFL's program, I really want to see how this kids game translates into the Pro game.

Wait.. maybe that is a selfish motive.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:
    For the kids sake, I hope he walks that narrow path and conforms to the NFL's program, I really want to see how this kids game translates into the Pro game.

Nice to see you posting more again Pack

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"pack93z" wrote:

Lets go ahead and be selfish, and hope that the Vets in the locker room embrace this guy, keep him focused and out of trouble so he becomes the multi-talented star this team needs, and he is solely concentrated on learning our offense, and becoming a star in this league.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Lets go ahead and be selfish, and hope that the Vets in the locker room embrace this guy, keep him focused and out of trouble so he becomes the multi-talented star this team needs, and he is solely concentrated on learning our offense, and becoming a star in this league.
    Are the "Vets in the locker room" going to be with him 24/7?
    Drive him to and from his rented home?
    Make sure his buddies from VA Beach aren't around?
    Post-pone any of their own plans and families to make sure one rookie doesn't get into trouble?

Not bloody likely.
    One person and one person only will be responsible for Percy Harvin not fucking up again.

Percy Harvin.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast