Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Percy Harvin

No frickin way we draft a LB or DT in the first round

We are set at starters there and have some solid back ups

I could see some early to mid round picks.. But no way a first when we have way bigger pressing need for STARTERS

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

It would be nice to have a guy like Percy Harvin on the roster, but i just think that we can fill more important positions with the pick in the first round, however Harvin could drop out of the first, we saw last year that no recievers was taken in the first round..

However i dont think that Harvin would be a really good fit, he is a shifty player that can do nice moves, however can he do it in the NFL?, also will the lack of creativity from the coaches kill him in Minnesota?

He has also been injured in college, which is another questionmark around his profile.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Boo to Harvin.
    He is not a polished receiver by any stretch and likely will not have a big impact in this offense.

I think drafting a talented TE like Brandon Pettigrew would make our whole offense more dynamic.

Pettigrew is a very good blocker and an even better receiver.
    The only problem is that he had some off the field issues, so Childress and Co. would probably never go for him.

Imagine the offensive line going out on the field with Shiancoe and Pettigrew helping them block for AD or CT.
    Then you'd have BB helping to stretch the field and either another receiver, a FB, or another TE out there depending on the situation.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:

I could see some early to mid round picks.. But no way a first when we have way bigger pressing need for STARTERS
    Normally you would think that way, however, when one looks at this team we aren't drafting for a starter at any position.
    Only cats that will make this team from this draft will be guys that will eventually be starters in 2 or 3 years as our older Vets get shown the door.

Again, I don't see it out of the realm of possibility that the FO drafts BPA in the first round (if we still have the pick) and go with a DT, LB or S.
    Heck I could even see a CB thrown in the mix if Gordo isn't gonna come back healthy.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Normally you would think that way, however, when one looks at this team we aren't drafting for a starter at any position.
    Only cats that will make this team from this draft will be guys that will eventually be starters in 2 or 3 years as our older Vets get shown the door.

Again, I don't see it out of the realm of possibility that the FO drafts BPA in the first round (if we still have the pick) and go with a DT, LB or S.
    Heck I could even see a CB thrown in the mix if Gordo isn't gonna come back healthy.....
    So you are saying we have so much talent that there is no place for a rookie to come in and start ???

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

So you are saying we have so much talent that there is no place for a rookie to come in and start ???
    Not on defense thats for d@mn sure. Offensivly one could make the case that we could use a rookie at Tackle but if Tackle and Center are adressed from within or through Free Agency, there are no openings for a rookie to come in and start. Now if someone is injured thats a different story, we seen that last year with Tyrell Johnson.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Idk man i just don't know

I haven't heard anyone but you think DT and LB are problems..We got plenty of depth at DT with Kennedy, Guion, Evens.. I could see Kennedy getting cut in place of a 3rd or 4th round big man,, Maybe Evens

LB
    behind our good starters we got Erin Henderson, Farwell, Napoleon Harris, David Herron and our new CFL dude.. Vinny I think will be gone

With that depth and looking at our depth in other positions like the offensive line where Hicks is pretty much the back up to everyone I would think we would look else where in the 1st.. And probably the 2nd

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I am saying that based on who we have at each and ever position and picking were we are there is very little chance any of these kids start.
    Heck its gonna be damn hard to make the team if one were to really look at the backups at most of our positions.

Seriously, who at 22 do you think will be able to come in and start right away?
    A C, maybe a RT?
    Possibly a S?

Now if we were picking top 10, maybe I would agree with ya a bit more.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I am saying that based on who we have at each and ever position and picking were we are there is very little chance any of these kids start.
    Heck its gonna be damn hard to make the team if one were to really look at the backups at most of our positions.

Seriously, who at 22 do you think will be able to come in and start right away?
    A C, maybe a RT?
    Possibly a S?

Now if we were picking top 10, maybe I would agree with ya a bit more.
    I will qualify your statement by saying with our coaching staff and thei abilit to develop players to play quickly at a high level you are probably right, but not for the reasons you are thinking.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Idk man i just don't know

I haven't heard anyone but you think DT and LB are problems..We got plenty of depth at DT with Kennedy, Guion, Evens.. I could see Kennedy getting cut in place of a 3rd or 4th round big man,, Maybe Evens

LB
    behind our good starters we got Erin Henderson, Farwell, Napoleon Harris, David Herron and our new CFL dude.. Vinny I think will be gone

With that depth and looking at our depth in other positions like the offensive line where Hicks is pretty much the back up to everyone I would think we would look else where in the 1st.. And probably the 2nd

I agree about the D-Tackle position, we need to get Fred Evans resigned, this is easy cause he's a restricted. Guion has real promise but Kennedy IMO should be let go, I seen him do a few good things but man did he get manhandled out of his gap at times...

LB depth might not be as deep as we think, for all I care Napolean Harris and David Herron could be let go for some youth. Herron is young but mistake prone, Harris is a vet but nothing specail and I don't think he would be a great contributer on Specail Teams.

I don't know that either of these positions should be a first round pick but if someone was to be available at either position that was irisistable on the draft board I say do it. I got all the confidence that berring injury that dude is a huge asset for our future team.