Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Percy Harvin

"C" wrote:
    Hahaha, we're not getting Percy Harvin, guys... you can stop talking about it.
    How can you make that statement when you have no clue how FA is going to go. We don't need to stop talking about it. Carry on guys.

I think there is a good possibility of him being available expecially since it looks like TJ and Boldin might be moving on somewhere else. I would not be upset if we took a WR or an OT in the first round.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I don't understand how there is no chance we would get Percy Harvin?

imagine the possibilities we could have if we brought this guy in

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Imagine our offence with BB, Boldin and harvin in the slot.SICK
    <!--
    sig -->

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    How can you make that statement when you have no clue how FA is going to go. We don't need to stop talking about it. Carry on guys.

I think there is a good possibility of him being available expecially since it looks like TJ and Boldin might be moving on somewhere else. I would not be upset if we took a WR or an OT in the first round.
    I actually think of it in a different way......

If I was some of the FA WR's looking to make big deals, I would be worried about teams opting to sign a young guy (Cheaper/Longer).

Seriously, someone posted something that got me to rethink the time it takes to get a young WR going these days based on how much they use stuff like the spread offense in college.

Been some real interesting prospects contribute right out of the gate if they had a seasoned Vet at QB.

Long story short, teams at the bottom of the draft will be the teams that go after the Vets.
    The teams at the top will be looking for youth at this position.

In a nutshell, no way Harvin makes it to us.
    Besides, we are gonna either trade our first for a QB or draft DT/LB/S with it and definately not a WR.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

If I was some of the FA WR's looking to make big deals, I would be worried about teams opting to sign a young guy (Cheaper/Longer).

Seriously, someone posted something that got me to rethink the time it takes to get a young WR going these days based on how much they use stuff like the spread offense in college.

Been some real interesting prospects contribute right out of the gate if they had a seasoned Vet at QB.

Long story short, teams at the bottom of the draft will be the teams that go after the Vets.

Besides, we are gonna either trade our first for a QB or draft DT/LB/S with it and definately not a WR.
    I wouldnt say definately but I doubt it also. There will be some WRs that fall to the 2nd.It all depends who falls to us.Im thinking OT in the first.The top 5 or 6 are solid.I think thats what they should do.Maybe a CB in one falls
    <!--
    sig -->

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I still believe he can fall. Look at Brady Q. No way we draft a DT, LB, or S with our 1st pick. Unless you are assuming Birk returns and we get a FA OT.
    We need to fix that OL.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mark" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I wouldnt say definately but I doubt it also. There will be some WRs that fall to the 2nd.It all depends who falls to us.Im thinking OT in the first.The top 5 or 6 are solid.I think thats what they should do.Maybe a CB in one falls
    Depth at WR this year appears to be damn good in the draft.
    My guess is we won't see one drafted at all, however, we will see several brought in as undrafted FA's to compete for that 5th spot.

That way you add competition and don't waste a pick on a roster spot that you've already burned several picks on (young talent that should get a clue with better QB play) as well as alot of FA money (BB/B-wade) and still have options to upgrade based on how everyone does in camp.

Course, thats not the sexy kindof draft most people want to see these days.
    Most want to see teams draft QB's and WR's high when the norm (of late) is for teams to committ to OTs, DE, DT, CB etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

meh, just take the best player available.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    meh, just take the best player available.
    So if its a RB we should waste our first draft pick and just draft another one cause he's the best player available?

I don't believe in the "best player available no matter what" idea. What I do believe is that you draft the best player available that fits in your top 3 needs.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast