Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,177 of 1177

Thread: Percy Harvin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Percy Harvin

"C" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

"C" wrote:
    Hahaha, we're not getting Percy Harvin, guys... you can stop talking about it.
    We did!

You gotta feel good about this and you need to give Chilly some credit for going after the guy.

The negativity that you had in your opinion that we wouldn't get him, Chilly had the exact opposite.
    He was convinced that we were going to get him.
    Enough so that he went down there to spend time with the kid before hand.
    We won't know until later on, how it played out exactly, kinda like the Moss draft, just heard my recount of that on the Missing Rings 1998 Season with CC, Randle and Green.
    Green told CC we were going to get Moss, CC told him no way, Green was right.
    Would Chilly have traded up and would Speilman have let him, that is the question I would like to have an answer to.

This is Chilly's dream to have a dynamic player like Westbrook.
    He has him know what is he going to do with him.
    I am optimistic about this season.
    Wait... I thought Spielman was in charge of the draft/FA?

If it was Childress, it just further proves that he's spineless and his word is as strong Michael J. Fox's grip on a basketball. He wants "Character Guys" then drafts one of the only players to fail the combine drug test? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we have Harvin... but Childress simply can't be believed or trusted with anything he says.

He folds faster than Japanese Origami master.

Childress is a joke.
    Speilman is part of the triangle that we presume would have most control.
    Chilly stuck his neck out on the line on this one.
    There is no way you or I could have known this before the draft.

You would be better off if I put you in a wet paper bag on this argument.

Chilly went down, met the kid and determined that he was not the kid that he was being made out to be.
    Time will tell and that is the only thing that is open for debate.
    I am trying to find the video of the call that was made to Harvin on draft day.
    I need to revisit that, it was very telling.
    I think it was official web site video and they may no longer have it up.

It is part of compassion that one can believe and give another a chance.
    Moss was similar, but hopefully worse than Harvin will be.
    Moss did have a problem with Hemp, admittedly, he smokes it.
    To minimize it a bit, he bumped a metermaid and was guilty of wanting to win.
    He did have an ego, but wasn't held in check by his coaches, Green and Tice.
    They let Randy be Randy.

Jared Allen?
    The guy had issues, seems to be staying on the wagon.
    Good call Chilly!

Can't find the Video!

Good one guys!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    AA is toast. After the disappointment last year I would not be surprised to see him cut before the regular season starts. I really had hopes for him but he is a dud.
    Perhaps replaced by Harvin?

Sounds good to me.
    Not so good one, sorry for using you as an example, just pointing out what stereotyping Chilly looks like:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Harvin could be a nice upgrade though.
    But, now that I think about it, he might not be best for us since we have Chilly calling the shots.
    Chilly really is not one for trickery, i think we all realize that.
    He is an old school guy and is going to run-run-pass, and then next time maybe if he is feeling a lil freaky that day, he decides "oh im gunna fool these bitches by run-pass-pass.
    Oh they will never expect it, I am a genius".
    And then he thinks to himself, why give it to AD or pass on third 3rd and 20 when I can hand it off to CT up the middle.

The more and more I think about it, unless we have a scheme or coaching change, PH is not going to be utilized very well in this offense.
    There is potential, but I dont think Chilly is that adventurous.
    Plus, the character issues are most likely to deter us from taking him as is.
    Redeemed:
    "C" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Wildcat with AD, Harvin, BB, CT, and Pat White/TJ.
    Ohhhhhh that would be fun to watch
    ;D

Im sure this will get people talking.
    I love getting everyone excited.
    Our staff is way too conservative to run anything like that.
    Thoughts, I still think Chilly went down there with this in mind.
    I have an awesome RB that doesn't catch well, I can't put him all over the field, Havin will be my version of Westbrook.:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    It Might Make Sense For Childress To Take A Chance On Percy
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2009, 5:45 p.m. EDT

Coaches on the hot seat might be more inclined to take a chance on players who like to smoke those weeds
    Really, if a guy like Brad Childress knows that 2009 is his make-or-break year, he might not be around in 2010 or 2011 to contend with the fallout of a four-game suspension imposed on Harvin.
    and the [size=11pt]people who draft them[/size] ultimately could be fired.
    [size=11pt]Childress[/size], who reportedly flew to Florida on Wednesday to have a sit-down with Harvin
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/it-might-make-sense-for-childress-to-take-a-chance-on-percy/
    CC said similar things about Randy, I hope to gawd he is right:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Cris Carter, when asked to evaluate Percy Harvin, made the following comments, "I spend alot of time with Urban Meyer, coaching the kids in the Spring, getting them ready for the season.
    I've spent alot of time with the Team, scouting around Florida.
    I can say this, whenever I've seen a game, whether it be middle school, high school, or major college football, Percy Harvin is the best player on the field.
    He is a special athlete, can score from anywhere on the field."

That is one helluva endorsement...good enough for me.
    He will open up this offense and, IMO, Adrian Peterson will be even more effective in 2009.
    Cannot wait to see this kid light it up in the dome...can't wait.
    I remember watching on tv, CC making that statement live.
    It also caught my attention, what a great endorsment, that states a ton......I believe it was during draft weekend...
    So it doesn't seem like I am picking on you alone, I am calling out Webby also, LOL!
    Even without hindsight and knowing the way Harvin is planned on being used, you have to admit that T-Will was and never will be as versatile.:

"Webby" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    This is a new video, nice HD, specifically for Uffda.

[youtube=425,350]nhb8eZY5EjI[/youtube]
    The thing that impresses me about him coming into the NFL as a WR is that because of his rushing mentality, he is not afraid of contact.

The one thing that I see in the video, is that he had more open space in college than he will in the NFL.
    Some of those screens, there wouldn't be anyone around him for 10 yards.

Can't wait to see him play in the NFL!

[youtube=425,350]84ITtk8J81I[/youtube]
    lmao, nice!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Here is the link to where the Video was talked about.

The VEN no longer has that video on their site.

The video was of the war room on draft day and harvin wearing the white suit coming to MN in the white limo.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Percy impressing at Vikings camp[/size]

By Scout.com
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Aug 10, 2009

Multi-dimensional athlete Percy Harvin missed the first two days of Vikings training camp, but Harvin has been flashing his speed and ability to learn quickly in his first week of practices.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:

By Scout.com
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Aug 10, 2009

Multi-dimensional athlete Percy Harvin missed the first two days of Vikings training camp, but Harvin has been flashing his speed and ability to learn quickly in his first week of practices.....
    The key, of course, will be for either quarterback Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels — the two are battling for the starting job — to execute in the pass game.
    Yep.
    Hopefully we can get elevated play from this position and see a little more kick in the KAO.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Scout.com
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Aug 10, 2009

The key, of course, will be for either quarterback Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels — the two are battling for the starting job — to execute in the pass game.
    Yep.
    Hopefully we can get elevated play from this position and see a little more kick in the KAO.
    The key is also getting better blocking out of our OL and better route-running/seperation out of our WRs!
    The media hacks might think the QB is the only position that matters (since they're trying to see several teams at once, while we look very closely, but only at 1), but I know its still a team game.
    They either win or lose together!!

Hopefully!
    Percy has the speed and moves to make whoever our QB is look better, by giving him an option that we really haven't had since we traded Moss away.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"mountainviking" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Scout.com
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Aug 10, 2009

Yep.
    The key is also getting better blocking out of our OL and better route-running/seperation out of our WRs!
    The media hacks might think the QB is the only position that matters (since they're trying to see several teams at once, while we look very closely, but only at 1), but I know its still a team game.
    They either win or lose together!!

Hopefully!
    Percy has the speed and moves to make whoever our QB is look better, by giving him an option that we really haven't had since we traded Moss away.
    We probably will need elevated play from the line and receivers to compensate for below average QB play.
    I am of the camp that our line and receivers get exposed more than teams with above average QB play.
    I also recognize that our receivers have been nothing to brag about the last few years.
    I would hope that Harvin and a healthy/more seasoned Rice will upgrade that situation.

The easiest fix would be to get a QB with confidence, quick read ability and accuracy.
    I know that's asking a lot, but I believe that improved QB play will make the biggest difference in our passing offense and it needs to be mentioned whenever we talk about what some new exciting receiver or OLmen might bring to our team.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]With Percy Harvin catching on, Vikings hope for greater returns on special teams[/size]

With Harvin catching on, Vikings expect to be better on special teams

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]
    Updated: 08/11/2009 10:49:31 PM CDT

MANKATO, Minn. — When Percy Harvin arrived at Vikings training camp three days late, he had some things to learn about catching kicks before he could be relied upon.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"