Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Percy Harvin

Damn I wanted to get in on that one.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=oaklandzoo24 link=topic=50471.msg906825#msg906825 date=1234312102]
    Highly doubt he will be available though.
    He'll put up some crazy numbers at the combine and his stock will grow faster than Barry Bonds head.
    THANK YOU!!!

Everyone wants some crazy reason why I say we won't get him... they obviously don't pay attention to scouting reports.

He won't be available.
    So bet on it.
    Not sure if you understand how bets work... I've already put the bet out there, I'm waiting for someone to accept it.

It's difficult to bet yourself... although, I've never tried.
    Well since you are too much of a pansy to take that bet I will take you on.

If he is available you have to sport a Lil Wayne avatar instead of the dumb ass one you have now, which IMO is making Peterson fumble.

If he is not available you can pick my avatar.

Lets say the length is until preseason starts.
    Hmm... I thought the bet was if he would be a Viking, but I'll take that regardless.

Great terms by the way, never thought my Sig was making him fumble. There could be some truth to that.
    [/quote]

I believe he has a decent chance to be available. I am not convinced the Vikings will pick him because FA has not started.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Idk what ur point was there V.. Of course we want a playmaker or gamechanger at our 22nd pick

Some don't think Harvin can do what he did in college in the pros (bush kinda thing) But still think he can be decent

Im with them on that
    True, but Harvin isnt' bush.. and you act like Bush isnt' a valuable option on offense... shoot, Harvin runs better routes and is just as fast... Hell, they don't even have a RB like AD.. so imaging what a bush and AD could do in the backfield with BB on the outside....

scary thought!!

It's a weak comparison.. But Bush isn't close to what he was in college because he can't get outside like he did in college

Im basing my assumption on the things I watched on him

He can break tackles from weak jiggly butt college players.. Maybe he would get stronger and be able to do that in the NFL and play good inside.. At this point IMO im not sure he can

And he can get outside.. But in the NFL he would get run down
    easily.. And we wouldn't even use him in the backfield like people in college would.. It doens't work well in the NFL IMO
    yeah, but it's more about setting up the defense.. i'm almost positive he'd be used as a Devin hester type player, split wide, out of the backfield possibly as a 3rd down back, then in the slot or running out of the backfield...

He's also arguably faster than bush.. plus Bush doens't work hard as he should....

two totally different situations...

i can see the comparisons.. but with BB and AD, he'd add a lot to our offense and special teams... i'm not saying i want him, as much as i used to.. but i wouldn't be mad if we got him... i think he'd add a nice dimension to a talented but not so good offense...

Im kinda in the same boat

I personally think he will be a boom or bust kinda guy

If we do get him I would totally understand the thinking and logic behind it and would not argue the pick at all
    I'm with you guys here. Total boom or bust, and it's hard to see how he would exactly fit in the offense. I just think he's worth that risk. I doubt he'll be available though.

The last player that we didn't "need" on offense is now the centerpiece of it. A similar situation existed when we drafted Moss.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    I'm with you guys here. Total boom or bust, and it's hard to see how he would exactly fit in the offense. I just think he's worth that risk. I doubt he'll be available though.

The last player that we didn't "need" on offense is now the centerpiece of it. A similar situation existed when we drafted Moss.
    Good point V, I also wanted to note that people didn't think we needed a Safety last year, Tyrell is looking more like the correct choice.

"C" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    He'll put up some crazy numbers at the combine and his stock will grow faster than Barry Bonds head.
    THANK YOU!!!

Everyone wants some crazy reason why I say we won't get him... they obviously don't pay attention to scouting reports.

He won't be available.
    All you keep saying is that he won't be available but you provide no backup to that statement.

I think he could possible be around at #22. He has durability issues and he is small. Smaller WRs have a hard time adjusting to the NFL. They struggle to get separation from the physical CB play compared to college.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!

He won't be available.
    All you keep saying is that he won't be available but you provide no backup to that statement.

I think he could possible be around at #22. He has durability issues and he is small. Smaller WRs have a hard time adjusting to the NFL. They struggle to get separation from the physical CB play compared to college.
    Precisely why we shouldn't draft him.
    Add to that the fact that he is highly unpolished as a receiver and there is no reason to even sniff at him as a first round pick.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!

He won't be available.

Precisely why we shouldn't draft him.
    Add to that the fact that he is highly unpolished as a receiver and there is no reason to even sniff at him as a first round pick.
    Agreed. We need a big possession WR that can take punishment like Boldin.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt68j3UjyZI&feature=related

Dang!!
    WOW!!!
    Harvin's a beast, if we were to draft him it adds play making ability to the overall team, there is so much you can do with a guy like that. He would automatically be a great Punt Returner and with time worked into the Offense and become a West Coast Machine.

Best Video I have seen of him, normally don't like the destructive rap lyrics but a good song and good video.
    Chamillionaire has made two very good CDs. If you liked that you should check them out. The Sound of Revenge and Ultimate Victory.

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=oaklandzoo24 link=topic=50471.msg906825#msg906825 date=1234312102]
    THANK YOU!!!

He won't be available.
    So bet on it.
    Not sure if you understand how bets work... I've already put the bet out there, I'm waiting for someone to accept it.

If he is available you have to sport a Lil Wayne avatar instead of the dumb ass one you have now, which IMO is making Peterson fumble.

Hmm... I thought the bet was if he would be a Viking, but I'll take that regardless.

[/quote]

"C" wrote:
    He won't be available.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=50471.msg906829#msg906829 date=1234312436]
    THANK YOU!!!

He won't be available.
    So bet on it.

[/quote]

"C" wrote:
    He won't be available.
    [/quote]

You should do research (with all your arguments). I got you beat by 3 hours...

"C" wrote:
    Plus he's not even going to be a Viking next year, so it's really a moot point.
    And if you do further research:

"C" wrote:
    If you actually think he will be a Viking... I'd love to make a friendly wager!!!

If Percy Harvin becomes a Viking... well, you name the bet.

Being uninformed is a pet-peeve of mine... hence why I had to correct you.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.