Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1177

Thread: Percy Harvin

  1. #1001
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Percy Harvin

    I don't think it would be a bad year to get Rice at all, as long he has the jumping ability and his knees are fresh Favre can have a hey day with him in the redzone. Even in his rookie year he scored points away from the red-zone, meaning longer receptions for TD's.

    I think it's only a matter of time before he breaks out and has a tremendous season. IMO it's all about him being healthy and staying on the field. Thats the "only" think stopping him.

  2. #1002
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Whatever you want to "think". Your also allauded your opinion and I'm sure V would support you.
    i knew I couild rile you up if I tried just a bit harder. No need to hold it back Tw, get it all out now. You'll feel better I promise.

    The messed up part is, I'm not even arguing that Harvin won't succeed.
    Oh Yeah, I never hold back when I'm drinking...

    Then why Debate? We all know the possibilities of what "could" happen... what do we "think" will happen?
    You are not stating what you "think" will happen. When you makes 100% guarantees, you are saying it "will" happen. That is one point of contention. You also claim to "know" Harvin as basis for your complete and utter confidence. That is another point of contention.

    You can't be 100% certain, and you don't know Harvin. I don't know why you won't admit that.

    You have seen my expectations of Harvin, and they are high, but I'm not guaranteeing crap from a rookie WR (diva position) who was caught smoking pot, and shows a lack of intelligence, and has had some injury concerns. If he stays away from the chronic and stays healthy I think he'll do well for us. The key word there though is "if".

    You on the other hand act as if you know Harvin, and that his injuries are behind him (How do you know this? Has he taken to a better training regimen?) and that he is clean, off of drugs (How do you know this? Are you viewing the results of secret drug tests?).

    In the end, it is just typical, uber-optimistic, VikingsTw.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #1003
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Percy Harvin

    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.

    Will Harvin not ever get injured? I'm not about to make garuntees on that specific subject but I will tell you he's as healthy as he's ever been. He played through college with nagging painful injury from his heal, thats been corrected, bone shaved off. Percy Harvin plays a phyiscal football game and he's play it "physical", injuries are definitly not out of the consideration.

    As far as THC, I'm very "happy" that he tested postive at the combine, otherwise he would be on another team. We may never hear of another positive test again... If you want to worry all the time as if he's the second coming of Onterrio Smith suit yourself.

    Bottom line, I'm not worried till it happens.

  4. #1004
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.
    Yeah, that's right.
    Him testing positive before the most important day of his life so far wasn't at all an indicator of immaturity and a lack of high intellect.
    Nope.

    =Z=


    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #1005
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.
    Yeah, that's right.
    Him testing positive before the most important day of his life so far wasn't at all an indicator of immaturity and a lack of high intellect.
    Nope.

    =Z=

    Again, that doesn't bother me, it all comes back to us getting "lucky" that Harvin tested in the first place. Just like when we got Peterson and he slipped due to injuries. I felt like we got "lucky".

    THC does not make you a character issue, but it must be controlled to remain in the league... can he do it? We'll find out.

    Keep in mind that I never bragged about his intellegence for that decision. However it is true that his on the field intellegence is as good as any player, we'll find that out first hand.

    Also keep in mind that the Patriots were "going" to take Percy Harvin, just like they took Robert Tate in the 3rd Round, a player who tested positive for THC at the combine.

    The National Media can turn one failed drug test into a crash course character problem. It's not accurate.

  6. #1006
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.
    Yeah, that's right.
    Him testing positive before the most important day of his life so far wasn't at all an indicator of immaturity and a lack of high intellect.
    Nope.

    =Z=

    Again, that doesn't bother me, it all comes back to us getting "lucky" that Harvin tested in the first place. Just like when we got Peterson and he slipped due to injuries. I felt like we got "lucky".

    THC does not make you a character issue, but it must be controlled to remain in the league... can he do it? We'll find out.
    Its a character issue when you put getting high above your career.
    He should know pot is illegal and banned from the NFL.
    If your going to use it, much less days before the combine, then clearly your priorites lie elsewhere, and that, my friend is a textbook character issue.

  7. #1007
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.

    Will Harvin not ever get injured? I'm not about to make garuntees on that specific subject but I will tell you he's as healthy as he's ever been. He played through college with nagging painful injury from his heal, thats been corrected, bone shaved off. Percy Harvin plays a phyiscal football game and he's play it "physical", injuries are definitly not out of the consideration.

    As far as THC, I'm very "happy" that he tested postive at the combine, otherwise he would be on another team. We may never hear of another positive test again... If you want to worry all the time as if he's the second coming of Onterrio Smith suit yourself.

    Bottom line, I'm not worried till it happens.
    I never said I was worried. I just stating possiblities that can't be ignored.

    First off, you really need to quit it with the Troy comparisons. Why you are obsessed with painting him as the opposite of TW is beyond me. Secondly,
    it sounds to me as if you are guaranteeing a pro bowl/rookie of the year season. Not trying to put words in your mouth, but that is honestly how much you are pumping him up. Are you ready to guarantee that?

    Finally, it is absolutely ridiculous to say the media has painted a false character on him for two reasons:

    1. You know absolutely nothing about his real character. NOTHING. How then can you tell me that the media's Harvin is different from the real Harvin. Everything you know about Harvin has come through the media!

    2. The media didn't even paint him as a bad character! They reported the news, which was he got caught smoking dope. I have news for you about dope smokers. The ones who get caught are not the unlucky ones with bad timing. The ones who get caught are typically the ones who smoke ALL the time. The media didn't tell us that Harvin lacked common sense. The media told us some test results, and everyone WITH a brain determined that Harvin lacked common sense to be smoking when you know you have a drug test.

    Again, Do I think Harvin will have a crappy year, or get injured, or fail a drug test? No. Do I KNOW that Harvin won't have a crappy year, or get injured, or fail a drug test? NO. No guarantees when it comes to rookies.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #1008
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    There are definitly some "garuntees" like the fact that Harvin is a real football player 100%. And anytime he's on the field and we can get the ball in his hands he'll prove it, he'll blow Troy out of the water.

    As far as injuries and THC, you must have missed out on what I said "something could happen, there in fact is a pattern of petty situations". With that said the Nationalisitc Media 100% has painted a false character with Percy Harvin.
    Yeah, that's right.
    Him testing positive before the most important day of his life so far wasn't at all an indicator of immaturity and a lack of high intellect.
    Nope.

    =Z=

    Again, that doesn't bother me, it all comes back to us getting "lucky" that Harvin tested in the first place. Just like when we got Peterson and he slipped due to injuries. I felt like we got "lucky".

    THC does not make you a character issue, but it must be controlled to remain in the league... can he do it? We'll find out.

    Keep in mind that I never bragged about his intellegence for that decision. However it is true that his on the field intellegence is as good as any player, we'll find that out first hand.

    Also keep in mind that the Patriots were "going" to take Percy Harvin, just like they took Robert Tate in the 3rd Round, a player who tested positive for THC at the combine.

    The National Media can turn one failed drug test into a crash course character problem. It's not accurate.
    LOL.
    Please stop arguing on behalf of Percy Harvin.
    I personally agree with your underlying statement - that Harvin is a very good addition to our team.

    But when you start arguing that you are 100% sure that he will suceed in the NFL, or that the "Nationalistic Media" is to blame for Harvin's current reputation... well, it certainly doesn't help our cause... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #1009
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Percy Harvin

    I stand by all my statements 100%.

  10. #1010
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Percy Harvin

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I stand by all my statements 100%.
    we know that.

Similar Threads

  1. Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 08:30 AM
  2. Congratz C Mac D on the Percy Harvin (12) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
  3. Percy Harvin vs. Adrian Peterson
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
  4. The Percy Harvin Song
    By Smo0ot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •