Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

Percy Harvin

I've been checking out some guys that should be available around our pick in the first round and one guy that really stands out is Percy Harvin and I think he would be a great fit here. I would stick him in the slot or in a split backfield with AP and use him for reverses and dump-off routes. From what I see in the following video, he is good at making people miss and he has natural running instincts with the bonus of catching the ball extremely well. He also seems like a legit deep threat with sure hands much like steve smith (both are pretty small. He also reminds me of Reggie Bush with better hands.

Here is what nfldraftdog has to say about him.
    http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_...t_prospect.htm
    One of the most versatile athletes in the country, Harvin enters the 2008 season as a Heisman candidate on a team that boasts a Heisman winner (Tim Tebow) already!
    Just as he did in high school, the versatility that enables him to do so much on the field also holds him back in being distinguished.
    With College Football being so popular now, all awards and accolades need to be put into certain buckets.
    Harvin is listed as a WR, but runs the ball almost as much as he catches it.
    His total yards from scrimmage is impressive, but as JUST a WR or JUST a RB, his numbers are average.
    Here are a couple highlight videos that are pretty good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIwrL4zne8A&fmt=18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt68j3UjyZI&fmt=18

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin is a dynamic player, with great open field running, I think he fits alot of what we would do with him. I'm not sure what he's like it terms of attitude and work ethic but certainly a dangerous guy, can probably do some things in the Punt Return area also. I was big on DeSean Jackson last season, he's alot like him but I don't know that he has the recieving production. I would take him but I don't think thats what we're looking for.

If we are going to draft a WR in the 1st round what I'm hoping for is a complement to Berrian who is a slasher type, great speed, big time verticle threat and whatnot. I think what we are missing is a guy who is bigger, more physical, can beat corners off the line, break tackles, ect. The guy I'm into is Hakeem Nicks from North Carolina, I think if we are going WR he's just the complement to Berrian that we need. He's somewhat of a possesion WR but at the same time he's got the speed to do everything, go verticle, ect. He understands route running, he understands catching the football, he's got great ball skills, he's strong, with great balance. I think he's an overall player that fits right in, with a great showing at the combine he could be gone by the time we pick or off the board after Crabtree and Maclin.

With all that said I'm still a big advocate of drafting Defense in the first round, I think it just comes down to the group of players on our board that we have ranked in the same general area. Making a decision between those players and coming out with what fills a need and is best for the future. Its also intristing to examine the WR's we have right now, Rice is a capable player when fully healthy but can the team bank on it? Is Allison ever going to be a force? Those are all questions and answer that have to be formulated as we enter the draft and Free Agency.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Harvin for 1st round for sure

MAYBE Hakeem Nicks

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Hahaha, we're not getting Percy Harvin, guys... you can stop talking about it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It would take creativity in the game planning and proper coaching to take advantage of a player like that so I see no use for him on this team

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It would take creativity in the game planning and proper coaching to take advantage of a player like that so I see no use for him on this team
    Haha, so true. We have AP... and we have trouble getting him into the endzone.

Hahahahaha... I just laugh when I think how awful of a coach Childress is. It really is hilarious.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Hahahahaha... I just laugh when I think how awful of a coach Childress is. It really is hilarious.
    Nice Sig by the way :P

;D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Andy Reid said he was going to run AD "400 times" in the pro-bowl. Maybe Chiller will learn a thing or two. Okay I laughed when I said that too, the KAO kicks too much ass to cut and run now.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Percy Harvin will instantly be a stud returner, that would help us out, but I think the team likes to overlook KR and try to find someone during TC and pre-season. We need more YAC out of our receivers and Harvin is always a threat to take one to the house. He would fit nicely into our slot role, but we would still have Rice/Wade starting, that's why I doubt we'll draft him.

Harvin will probably go somewhere and be very successful. People will moan that the Vikings didn't get him (I think he will slide, at least past us, Ted Ginn anyone?) but we really need another QB, starting wideout, center, DT and safety before we address slot WR/KR/PR.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im pullin for Harvin

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast