Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Penn State's QB Robinson

"T-Money" wrote:
    Robinson should not have went to the Senior Bowl as a QB. I think he could have raised his stock if he went as a RB or a WR. I don't see this guy being drafted to play QB. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings taking him in the 5th round. Robinson has potential.
    He is playing/practicing at RB and WR also. He refused the first few day at the Sr Bowl and then the scouts kept asking the Coaches to have him practice at those spots so they could evaluate. Robinson eventually did cave. I saw catching, and he had an incidence of stone hands. The report was that he was average for a QB. I don't know if I would bother with a Slash type.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't want any projects...we need solid contributors next year...rounds 1-7 need to be players that will make the team...either as solid backups or surprise upgrades at starting positions or the need to be players that can play right away on special teams...that way we can cut more expensive veteran players that become superfluous. By being able to cut the dead wood, it allows us to be a player for high-end free agents...ones that can take us over the top. This is how Belichick does it in NE...he doesn't like deadwood...and one of the main reasons that they slumped this year is that he had a little too much of it this year (Starks and a few others who didn't produce)...it can make the difference between a good playoffs or not even making it. Our team needs to take it to the next level...and taking on projects in not in our roadmap...projects are for teams that are rebuilding...we are not rebuilding, we are filling spots to make a serious run at the Super Bowl...and that's my final answer!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't want any projects...we need solid contributors next year...rounds 1-7 need to be players that will make the team...either as solid backups or surprise upgrades at starting positions or the need to be players that can play right away on special teams...that way we can cut more expensive veteran players that become superfluous. By being able to cut the dead wood, it allows us to be a player for high-end free agents...ones that can take us over the top. This is how Belichick does it in NE...he doesn't like deadwood...and one of the main reasons that they slumped this year is that he had a little too much of it this year (Starks and a few others who didn't produce)...it can make the difference between a good playoffs or not even making it. Our team needs to take it to the next level...and taking on projects in not in our roadmap...projects are for teams that are rebuilding...we are not rebuilding, we are filling spots to make a serious run at the Super Bowl...and that's my final answer!!!
    Odd of you to say that Cajun since you were one of the biggest supporters of us using a first round pick on Matt Jones last year.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Phlegm is offline Rookie

I was watching ESPN today, and man did he look athletic during the senior bowl practice. It will be on again tmorrow at 2 or 2:30 I think. But anyways, they were saying somehting how he might make a good SS cuz he's huge and athletic?!
    Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"vikesoto" wrote:
    I heard the Vikes are looking at the former Nittany Lion, maybe in the 3rd or 4th round. Coaches are calling him a "slash" type. Could be a "David Palmer" for the Vikes,capable of being a playmaker on Special Teams as a returner, or line up as a 3rd down reciever or back. Is he worth drafting??
    Can he be a "project" at QB ?? He played good in the Orange Bowl against FSU.

I'm sure the steelers will have already drafted him by then!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mewario is offline Starter

he's going to be a WR, senior bowl practices have shown he can't make a throw to save his life.

It seems he had a good showing in the game at the QB position?
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

all this guy can do is run; if we want him for a quarterback i wouldn't waste my pick on this guy when we could grab another linebacker.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12