Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Overseas take on the draft

"cogitans" wrote:
    You will cherish this so help me God.

Responses before I make more?
    I cherish you.

Will you be making the trek over here for a game this fall?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Runningbacks: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Darren McFadden[/size](Click for Youtube videos)

Darren McFadden reminds very much of Adrian Peterson, who Minnesota Vikings chose with the 7th pick in the first round of the 2007-draft, but McFadden seams to be faster and more athletic and has better hands. Is therefore regarded as a greater talent than Adrian Peterson, and McFadden can potentially be chosen as the first player in the 2008-draft. He is a remarkable talent, than can carry an NFL-offense on his shoulders, and who should get a fantastic career in the professional ranks.

[size=13pt]Chris Johnson[/size](Click for Youtube videos)

There is hardly any doubt, that the lightning fast runningback, over the course of the spring, can see his draftstock rise, when he gets the opportunity to flash his athletic talent at the Senior Bowl, Combine and various workouts. Johnson has a clear first day talent, but it can hurt his status, that he's projected as slot receiver at the NFL level, and the fact, that he hasn't run against the best teams in college.

[size=13pt]Mike Hart[/size](Click for Youtube videos)

Had Hart been a few inches higher and a couple of pounds heavier, he had been an easy choice for the 1st round, but thats not how it is. NFL scouts doubts, if he can handle the job as primary runningback, and therefore Hart will probably be valued as a quality backup, who can contribute oin various ways. Under any circumstance the team that picks him will get a willing worker, and a productive player with a strong personality.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    You will cherish this so help me God.

Responses before I make more?
    I cherish you.

Will you be making the trek over here for a game this fall?

=Z=
    Thanks

I'm not sure yet. I hope to though.

[size=13pt]Wide Receivers: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Limas Sweed[/size]
    Limas Sweed has many of the qualities, that NFL-teams looks for when they want to find a no. 1 receiver. He is big, strong and flexible, and he catches the ball real well. On the other hand it's a problem, that he is not very fast, and then the injury that ruined his 2007-season, will effect some of the scouts' view of him, but that doesn't change, that he should be a factor in the NFL. He is described as a bigger and stronger version of the former Texas- and current Lions-wide receiver, Roy Williams.

[size=13pt]DeSean Jackson[/size]
    DeSean Jackson is a fantastic playmaker, that is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. His ability to plant his opponent - either by his speed or by quick footwork - makes him a player that can make big plays, every time he has the ball, and because of that he is an attractive talent on draft day. On the other hand his build is a minus, when he is to catch balls as a wide receiver, where he can on the short end of matchups with physically bigger, and in many cases quicker NFL-cornerbacks. But that doesn't change, that DeSean Jackson is a playmaker, that everyone would like on their team.

[size=13pt]Early Douchet III[/size]
    Doucet III looks like maximum a no. 2 receiver and will probably have the greatest chance of playing time as a slot receiver, where he will compete less against press coverage and can be used in special packages. Is not at all in the same class as Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis, that both were chosen in the first round of the 2007 draft.

[size=13pt]Tight Ends: Rankings[/size]

[size=13pt]Offensive Centers: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Offensive Guards: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Offensive Tackles: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Jake Long[/size]
    Jake Long has the ability to be a very, very skilled offensive tackle in the NFL, and he is as good, that he'd probably have been a top 10-pick, if he had gone in the draft in 2007. He dominates on running plays, and he is hard to shake past on pass plays, but he is not as athletic and mobile, as NFL-teams wishes for a left tackle to be. Therefor his natural position in the pros might be the right tackle-position. He's a player, that can be an effective starter for his team for more than ten seasons.

[size=13pt]Jeff Otah[/size]
    Nigerian born Jeff Otah is very unpolished, but his gigantic body is also a gigantic potential, that in time – if developed – can make him a skilled NFL-player. At first sight he might seam to be able to get best success as either right tackle or perhaps as guard, but it can not be ruled out, that he in a few years can be an effective left tackle. An exciting talent.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Wide Receivers: Ranking[/size]

[size=13pt]Limas Sweed[/size]
    Limas Sweed has many of the qualities, that NFL-teams looks for when they want to find a no. 1 receiver. He is big, strong and flexible, and he catches the ball real well. On the other hand it's a problem, that he is not very fast, and then the injury that ruined his 2007-season, will effect some of the scouts' view of him, but that doesn't change, that he should be a factor in the NFL. He is described as a bigger and stronger version of the former Texas- and current Lions-wide receiver, Roy Williams.

[size=13pt]DeSean Jackson[/size]
    DeSean Jackson is a fantastic playmaker, that is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. His ability to plant his opponent - either by his speed or by quick footwork - makes him a player that can make big plays, every time he has the ball, and because of that he is an attractive talent on draft day. On the other hand his build is a minus, when he is to catch balls as a wide receiver, where he can on the short end of matchups with physically bigger, and in many cases quicker NFL-cornerbacks. But that doesn't change, that DeSean Jackson is a playmaker, that everyone would like on their team.

[size=13pt]Early Douchet III[/size]
    Doucet III looks like maximum a no. 2 receiver and will probably have the greatest chance of playing time as a slot receiver, where he will compete less against press coverage and can be used in special packages. Is not at all in the same class as Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis, that both were chosen in the first round of the 2007 draft.
    I saw both Seed and Doucet on TV yesterday briefly.
    Look like my kindof guys.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Thanks man!
    Cool to see another view of these guys!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast