Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Other than Calvin Johnson

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I was kindof looking for a scouting report much like what I posted for Rice and Higgins.
    Here you go - this site has all the combine numbers.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10414

=Z=

Thanks Z.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I watched Meachem work out at the combine, I would love to have him. He surprised most people with his speed, adn he did extremely well in the catching drills. I really think he will be one of the surprises this upcomging season, wouldnt mind seeing him in purple one bit.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    I watched Meachem work out at the combine, I would love to have him. He surprised most people with his speed, adn he did extremely well in the catching drills. I really think he will be one of the surprises this upcomging season, wouldnt mind seeing him in purple one bit.
    I like him alot to.
    Problem with him is I see him gone in the first round.
    The two I picked I think will be avail with our 41rst in the second round.

If we trade down like some project then he would be a possibility.

Here is his scouting report:

Robert Meachem WR 6'3 210 Tennessee Jr.

Meachem was a big time recruit in 2003 that injured his knee and redshirted his first season in Knoxville. His first season on the field in 2004 showed his big play ability. He caught 35 passes for 459 yards and four touchdowns. His numbers were similar as a sophomore, where he caught 29 balls for 388 yards and two touchdowns. Meachem broke out as a junior, finally living up to the hype he had coming to Tennessee. He was named to various All American teams after hauling in 71 passes for 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Robert Meachem is the total package at wide receiver. He has an excellent frame. He is tall, but has a solid build and the strength to overpower corners. He has shown the ability to be an intermediate and red zone threat with his combination of size, strength, and athleticism. What makes him stand out though is his ability to move and make plays with the ball in his hands. Meachem has very good speed, and has the quickness to change direction and make defenders miss.

Meachem has had only one year where he did what was expected. He’s had issues dropping passes in the past, and has had problems believing in his own ability. He appeared to mature as a junior, and the result was an excellent season. He still will need to show that he’s ready to work and can sustain his confidence at the next level.

This is turning out to be a very deep draft for wide receivers, and Meachem is a part of that. With his combination of talent, he could be taken anywhere in the draft. It may be tough to overtake guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson, but once workouts come around, do not be surprised to see Meachem land somewhere in the first round
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    I like him alot to.
    Problem with him is I see him gone in the first round.
    The two I picked I think will be avail with our 41rst in the second round.

If we trade down like some project then he would be a possibility.

Here is his scouting report:

Robert Meachem WR 6'3 210 Tennessee Jr.

Meachem was a big time recruit in 2003 that injured his knee and redshirted his first season in Knoxville. His first season on the field in 2004 showed his big play ability. He caught 35 passes for 459 yards and four touchdowns. His numbers were similar as a sophomore, where he caught 29 balls for 388 yards and two touchdowns. Meachem broke out as a junior, finally living up to the hype he had coming to Tennessee. He was named to various All American teams after hauling in 71 passes for 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Robert Meachem is the total package at wide receiver. He has an excellent frame. He is tall, but has a solid build and the strength to overpower corners. He has shown the ability to be an intermediate and red zone threat with his combination of size, strength, and athleticism. What makes him stand out though is his ability to move and make plays with the ball in his hands. Meachem has very good speed, and has the quickness to change direction and make defenders miss.

Meachem has had only one year where he did what was expected. He’s had issues dropping passes in the past, and has had problems believing in his own ability. He appeared to mature as a junior, and the result was an excellent season. He still will need to show that he’s ready to work and can sustain his confidence at the next level.

This is turning out to be a very deep draft for wide receivers, and Meachem is a part of that. With his combination of talent, he could be taken anywhere in the draft. It may be tough to overtake guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson, but once workouts come around, do not be surprised to see Meachem land somewhere in the first round
    Oh I def. agree that he probably wont be around in the second, but if we were to decide to trade down then I would nto mind spending our pick on him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12