Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The "Other" QBs in the draft

IMHO, we are not going to be pulling one of the marquee QBs in the draft this year. I just think we have other priorities in round 1, and none of them will be there when we pick in round 2.

And that may not be a bad thing.

Here is a great video of some of the "other" QBs in the draft, and I'm not going to lie, LeFevour and Canfield are looking pretty damn good. Pike isn't bad either. I honestly think we will see one of these guys in purple after the draft is said and done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=496d6f4f-8692-417d-b0d9-42f2dff99fb1&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videocentral
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The "Other" QBs in the draft

Clausen or die. I swear if clausen is there at 30 and we dont take him, everyone should be fired. Clausen has a rocket arm, good accuracy, and he is already good with a Pro style WCO. Clausen can get an attitude check from Phat Pat and Jared Allen. We trade TJ for 5th round pick or 6th, or drop rosencopter. In The second round we take that DT cook. 3rd round we can draft another CB although im comfortable with Asher Allen improving. I think we need to draft a future 3rd nickel corner because in 2011 I see Allen/Griffin/Sapp/Draft pick.. then the rest we draft OLB and RB depth.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:The

NodakPaul wrote:
    IMHO, we are not going to be pulling one of the marquee QBs in the draft this year. I just think we have other priorities in round 1, and none of them will be there when we pick in round 2.

And that may not be a bad thing.

Here is a great video of some of the "other" QBs in the draft, and I'm not going to lie, LeFevour and Canfield are looking pretty damn good. Pike isn't bad either. I honestly think we will see one of these guys in purple after the draft is said and done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=496d6f4f-8692-417d-b0d9-42f2dff99fb1&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videocentral
    I have been saying since the senior bowl that I would love to get Lefevour in the third round!! I think that McCoy would be a good value in the second.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The "Other" QBs in the draft

Awwwww the other QB's. According to some, unless they are drafted in the first round, they are never gonna work out. LOL.

After scanning the list of QB's drafted over history, I can see why they would say that......(Sarcasim by the way)
    QB Draft History

I've been chanting names like Skelton, Robinson, Canfield for quite sometime. After listening to guys like Ryan, Kirwan, Mayock, and most importantly, the Dean of scouting "Gil Brandt", I've added cats like Canfield, Kafka and Hiller in there as well.

In short, there are some very interesting prospects to be had in the latter rounds. I for one would love to see anyone of them in purple.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The "Other" QBs in the draft

We need a CB before we need a QB in the first round. I am comfortable with Asher Allen too, but I don't know if Griffin will be back at 100% for the season opener, and we saw how Winfield's injury affected us last year.

I just don't see some of the marquee names, like McCoy, Tebow, or Clausen, being worth a pick at 30 or available at the 62nd.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro wrote:
    Awwwww the other QB's. According to some, unless they are drafted in the first round, they are never gonna work out. LOL.

After scanning the list of QB's drafted over history, I can see why they would say that......(Sarcasim by the way)
    QB Draft History

I've been chanting names like Skelton, Robinson, Canfield for quite sometime. After listening to guys like Ryan, Kirwan, Mayock, and most importantly, the Dean of scouting "Gil Brandt", I've added cats like Canfield, Kafka and Hiller in there as well.

In short, there are some very interesting prospects to be had in the latter rounds. I for one would love to see anyone of them in purple.

I think that Robinson would be a great get and he is a great value as we could draft him in the sixth round! That gives us a lot of picks to shore up our D!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro wrote:

QB Draft History

Let's look at good QBs drafted outside of the first round since 2000.

Tom Brady, 6th round.

Drew Brees (arguably). 2nd round, but 32nd overall. Would be a 1st rounder right now.

David Garrard, 4th. Although his skill is debatable.

Matt Schaub, 3rd.

Kyle Orton, 4th.

Chad Henne, 2nd.

Now this list includes some very mediocre QBs. You could make a case for guys like Fitzpatrick and Edwards, but they're being benched for one another every 10 games. The Bills are in need of a replacement.

Really, the only three QBs who you really want starting for your team are Brady, Schaub and Brees. And Brees would be a 1st round pick in this format.

With the amount of QBs drafted, hitting on just two of them is horrible. Three, as well, if you do want to count Brees in that group.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Re: The

NodakPaul wrote:
    We need a CB before we need a QB in the first round. I am comfortable with Asher Allen too, but I don't know if Griffin will be back at 100% for the season opener, and we saw how Winfield's injury affected us last year.

I just don't see some of the marquee names, like McCoy, Tebow, or Clausen, being worth a pick at 30 or available at the 62nd.

I agree with the first part of the sentence but you must be crazy to think that Clausen & McCoy aren't huge steals at 62!!
    Clausen has top ten talent & if not for some preceived character issues may have gone #1 overall. McCoy has a high second round grade & if the Vikes can get him at 62 it would be a steal. As it stands right now if they want McCoy they will have to do one of three things- 1. draft him at 30 (I don't like that one) 2. Trade down and draft him in the second & pick up a pick or 3. Draft the BPA at 30 and trade up to get him in the second. I am for scenario 3# and here is why; we have an extra pick in the fifth so we may be able to package that or at worst a fourth rounder for the pick. Then we could get some impact player in round one and still have seven picks in the draft. This is only if we want McCoy, Clausen will be long gone by #62.

Re: The

tarkenton10 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

I agree with the first part of the sentence but you must be crazy to think that Clausen & McCoy aren't huge steals at 62!!
    Clausen has top ten talent & if not for some preceived character issues may have gone #1 overall. McCoy has a high second round grade & if the Vikes can get him at 62 it would be a steal. As it stands right now if they want McCoy they will have to do one of three things- 1. draft him at 30 (I don't like that one) 2. Trade down and draft him in the second & pick up a pick or 3. Draft the BPA at 30 and trade up to get him in the second. I am for scenario 3# and here is why; we have an extra pick in the fifth so we may be able to package that or at worst a fourth rounder for the pick. Then we could get some impact player in round one and still have seven picks in the draft. This is only if we want McCoy, Clausen will be long gone by #62.
    Nodak I misunderstood your post and thought you meant they wouldn't be worth the pick at 62 either, now that I have read it again I think we are on the same page. With the exception that I think Clausen is worth the 30 pick!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

QB Draft History

Let's look at good QBs drafted outside of the first round since 2000.

Tom Brady, 6th round.

Drew Brees (arguably). 2nd round, but 32nd overall. Would be a 1st rounder right now.

David Garrard, 4th. Although his skill is debatable.

Matt Schaub, 3rd.

Kyle Orton, 4th.

Chad Henne, 2nd.

Now this list includes some very mediocre QBs. You could make a case for guys like Fitzpatrick and Edwards, but they're being benched for one another every 10 games. The Bills are in need of a replacement.

Really, the only three QBs who you really want starting for your team are Brady, Schaub and Brees. And Brees would be a 1st round pick in this format.

With the amount of QBs drafted, hitting on just two of them is horrible. Three, as well, if you do want to count Brees in that group.
    Compare that to how many were drafted in the 1rst round that failed.

Truth of the matter there are several more QB's in that list that had good (but not great) careers in the NFL that weren't drafted in the first.

Again, it isn't like you are gonna get a HOF QB or anything, but you can get a quality QB that can/will lead your team to wins.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast