Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Opinions on a good trade for Culpepper???

I would like to see if the Tenessee Titans would take a trade involving Daunte and we get their 1st Round #3 pick. Then we could possibly have a shot at Vince Young or Matt Lienart. Just a scenario for us Vikings fans to argue over.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Opinions on a good trade for Culpepper???

well i was gonna post and say that a great trade would be to not trade him at all..but if vince young was for sure going to be available then id take that deal in a heartbeat
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

i thinkif a trade happens it'll be with arizona, do Daunte and our second for their first, fourth and adrian wilson. sounds as close fair to me as it's gonna get and sounds like it could actually happen.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No trade = good trade.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No trade = good trade.

Agree.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm all about changing faces. I love seeing new guys in the Vikings uniform every year, which is why I love the free agency period so much. It was awesome last season to see guys like Smoot, Fat Pat and Sharper being signed. Trading Daunte would also bring in some new faces, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do. I guess it all depends on Childress's opinion. If he genuinely believes Daunte won't succeed in his offense, then we have to take his word for it. If he does and keeps Daunte, then we have to trust in his decision making there too.

I'm just not a good enough evaluator of talent to know how Daunte would do in a west coast type of offense. All I can do is look at the stats, and the stats say that Daunte should stay the quarterback of the Vikings.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm all about changing faces. I love seeing new guys in the Vikings uniform every year, which is why I love the free agency period so much. It was awesome last season to see guys like Smoot, Fat Pat and Sharper being signed. Trading Daunte would also bring in some new faces, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do. I guess it all depends on Childress's opinion. If he genuinely believes Daunte won't succeed in his offense, then we have to take his word for it. If he does and keeps Daunte, then we have to trust in his decision making there too.

I'm just not a good enough evaluator of talent to know how Daunte would do in a west coast type of offense. All I can do is look at the stats, and the stats say that Daunte should stay the quarterback of the Vikings.
    Yeah, I think that whatever decision Childress makes will be the best for the team. I just don't know about Daunte any more. 2 Years ago he was lights out, but last year he was absolutely horrible for the time that he played.

Daunte played the WCO in college so I think he would be able to learn it pretty well. :???: :???: :???:

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

A GM would have to be high to give up any first round pick for a QB with that salary AND physical uncertainty.

DogPound is offline Rookie

I think we should wait and see where he is at as far as his rehab and what his thoughts are on staying with the team. I also think if we are to trade him that we should make sure we get all that we can for him....Moss was dumped for basically Cowert and Williamson and although Moss did not do that well in his first year in Oakland we still got the bad end so far. I would expect nothing less than a first rounder and a 3rd plus a quality player..that might be hard to get based on Cpepp's injury but I think we could pull it off!
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

DogPound is offline Rookie

I do agree though that we should keep him!
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast