Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Onterrio Smith to be released

It's so hard to get there is the first place. Once your there, there is little room for error. Until you make a great name for yourselve.

There are probably hundreds of RB's entering the draft that can do what he can do.

I was listening to Michael Strahan on Sirus radio, he basically said that is how he is as good as he is. He realizes that there is ALWAYS somebody eager to take his place. Someone younger, faster, stronger......

It sounds like simply being there is hard enough without making it harder on yourself. The good news for him is he can smoke as much weed as he wants now.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That's pretty much what I figured. They have no reason to keep him. He will probably never play in the NFL again.

He fooked it up.
    :shock:
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

This certainly answered the question I asked last week about his "status". There is nobody to blame but himself. It's a shame only in the fact that he could have been a nice change of pace back, ala Leroy Hoard......reminded me alot of him anyway.
    Daunte who?

norseforce is offline Rookie

I hope it's not true, that dude is a stud. his high school (GRANT) is not even 15 min, from my house. dude can ball! way better than m.m, thats just the way it is out here in cali. we like to burn, it should be legal.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

somebody will pick him up when the injury bug bites this season if he is in playing shape

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I'm a little disappointed but not surprised.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Although I would've liked to see him back, I do not mind that he will be released.

He messed up royally and had a chance to straighten himself out.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    That's pretty much what I figured. They have no reason to keep him. He will probably never play in the NFL again.

He fooked it up.
    Don't be so sure...he will probably get picked up by the Raidahs...or the Cowboys! :lol:
    :lol:

Yeah well there is always the Raiders and Cowboys, I think even they will pass on him! :grin:
    Watch him end up in Green Bay! They could use someone to back Green and probably replace him. Just a thought, probably never happen.

He really needs to be let go and have the fear of possibly never playing again. For his good, we should have cut him right after his suspension was issued. He might have had an additional dose of reality to go along with the suspension. Just think a whole year without being coddled, thinking he might have to work at 7-11 or some crap like that. We did him, the multiple offender no real apparent good by keeping him on the Roster.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

He fooked it up.
    Don't be so sure...he will probably get picked up by the Raidahs...or the Cowboys! lol
    lol

Yeah well there is always the Raiders and Cowboys, I think even they will pass on him! grin
    Watch him end up in Green Bay! They could use someone to back Green and probably replace him. Just a thought, probably never happen.

He really needs to be let go and have the fear of possibly never playing again. For his good, we should have cut him right after his suspension was issued. He might have had an additional dose of reality to go along with the suspension. Just think a whole year without being coddled, thinking he might have to work at 7-11 or some crap like that. We did him, the multiple offender no real apparent good by keeping him on the Roster.
    Wouldn't we have taken a cap hit if we had cut him last year? I mean I'm all about sending the correct moral message, but the NFL is a business these days. Smith already damaged us by taking himself off the roster. Why cut him and have him hit our bank account harder as well?

If not playing for a year was not enough to set him straight there is not much we or any NFL team could do. It's just too bad for him you get million of dollas for playing running back, not for playing pothead.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"norseforce" wrote:
    I hope it's not true, that dude is a stud. his high school (GRANT) is not even 15 min, from my house. dude can ball! way better than m.m, thats just the way it is out here in cali. we like to burn, it should be legal.
    :roll:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast