Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ones That Got Away !!

"gt66" wrote:
    Without a doubt the Vikes should have picked Maroney (RB from Minnesota) in the first round.

Surprised to see that no one else has mentioned this so far. Let's face it, we still need a big time running back.

Moore is not a 1st or 2nd down back and the jury is still out on Taylor.

Not surprised to see that the Patriots did pick Maroney though.
    There were obviously other areas of much greater need. I dont think anyone has brought it up because no one is to upset that we didnt pull the trigger on Maroney, we defidently needed a LB more than we needed a RB.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Vernon Davis

Best player in the draft, IMO.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesoto" wrote:
    Which players , drafted by another team did you WISH the Vikes would of selected...

For me it was USC's Fred Matua. This gaurd plays hard every game. His style of play was described as "..like someone is trying to take food of his plate..." He played next to Winston Justice and was a team leader on a great Trojans team.

He went in the 7th round to the Detroit Lions, damm shame !

I'm not looking to make this a debate over this and that, I'd just like to see who other people hoped would be Vikings.....

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mWrNFVEurEAjuWjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=13bu5aejv/EXP=1146521131/**http%3a//www.wearescmedia.com/photos/2005_03_29_Spring%2520Practice/images/Spring_015.jpg[/IMG]
    WOW!!! He was the same guy that I was telling someone else about earlier today...he was a STEAL in the 7th round...he will be better than Lutui IMHO...faster, stronger, better vertical...solid guy!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jpfridge" wrote:
    What happened to the late 2nd round pick trade for Donnie Edwards? This would of been great with greenway, edwards, and leber. We would of had a true leader of DEFENSE to take control of the young guns. Can we still grab him in with some kind of trade, LB and pick next year possible?
    Yeah...Edwards would solidify the middle for us while our other LBs developed in Timlin's system...but then again, maybe Timlin already knows who will dominate in the middle for us.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Jamie Sharper is still out there if we want an experienced LB to fill the MLB spot.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"gt66" wrote:
    Without a doubt the Vikes should have picked Maroney (RB from Minnesota) in the first round.

Surprised to see that no one else has mentioned this so far. Let's face it, we still need a big time running back.

Moore is not a 1st or 2nd down back and the jury is still out on Taylor.

Not surprised to see that the Patriots did pick Maroney though.
    No way. Moore is a good back and so is Taylor. Taylor is going to be great this season...just watch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123