Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

One Final Vote: Trade up?

I just wanted to see how many people on the board want to trade up and how many don't.

Personally I don't think it's worth it. The only person worth trading up for would be Cutler IMO. We would trade to at least 9 and snag him, but we need an MLB of the future just as much as we need a QB of the future. Such a backer will surely be there at 17, and some people are saying Cutler may fall to us anyways.

It can be hard to compare players at different positions, but talent-wise I think Sims and Cutler are pretty even, so I will be happy with either one, or even Greenway perhaps.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: One Final Vote: Trade up?

I think if we trade up, the most we should give up is a 2nd rd pick this season, and a 1st rd pick for next seasons draft.. Giving up our 1st rd, and 2nd rd picks this year won't be worth it. I don't think that Cutler will fall to us at #17, but if we trade tup to say #10, we will probably get Cutler..

If we were to trade up to #10, all we would have to give up is our #17 pick, and possibly a 3rd rd pick, maybe even 4th.. If that is the case, I say do it. We can still address the LB need with 1 or both of our 2nd rd picks..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No for the 83rd time.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    No for the 83rd time.

:roll: I was thinking that myself, but went along with it anyways.. Doesn't hurt to talk about it again, but it doesn't deserve it's own thread yet again..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

No way Jose!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO

We need to trade for Donnie Edwards with one of our third round pics...then we can draft DeAngelo Williams in the first round, DQwell Jackson with our first pick in the second round, then Croyle, Whitehurst or Jacobs with our second 2nd round pick, then go OT and also pick up a sleeper WR with the remaining 3rd round pick [if we trade for Edwards] (order should depend on who is available and who we think will still be available when our last pick of the day comes up).

DeAngelo is a very talented and high character guy who could very easily earn significant playing time his rookie season (maybe even start), DQwell would learn well from Edwards and eventually step into the starting spot. The QB would sit and learn from Brad for TWO full seasons before being expected to start and the OT and/or WR would also provide depth this season with the potential to start down the line.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why not, who the hell wants Brodie Croyle starting for this team next year? You people are deluding yourselves if you think we can get 2 seasons out of Brad and expect to remain competitive.

Quarterbacking talent like this comes around every few years, and usually only if you have the #1 pick. If we can get one of the players by trading up to the 6 spot or lower, do it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    NO

We need to trade for Donnie Edwards with one of our third round pics...then we can draft DeAngelo Williams in the first round, DQwell Jackson with our first pick in the second round, then Croyle, Whitehurst or Jacobs with our second 2nd round pick, then go OT and also pick up a sleeper WR with the remaining 3rd round pick [if we trade for Edwards] (order should depend on who is available and who we think will still be available when our last pick of the day comes up).

DeAngelo is a very talented and high character guy who could very easily earn significant playing time his rookie season (maybe even start), DQwell would learn well from Edwards and eventually step into the starting spot. The QB would sit and learn from Brad for TWO full seasons before being expected to start and the OT and/or WR would also provide depth this season with the potential to start down the line.

Wow Cajun, you really thought this through.. :lol:

Now with us just grabbing Chester Taylor, do you honestly believe that the Vikes are going after Williams? With Taylor, Moore, Fason, and possibly Smith coming back, that seems pretty crowded to me. We need our QB of the future, and we need LB help. We should address those two positions before looking at another RB.. Just my opinion buddy, don't get all mad at me..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Why not, who the hell wants Brodie Croyle starting for this team next year? You people are deluding yourselves if you think we can get 2 seasons out of Brad and expect to remain competitive.

Quarterbacking talent like this comes around every few years, and usually only if you have the #1 pick. If we can get one of the players by trading up to the 6 spot or lower, do it.
    Who said 2 more seasons with Brad? Who is YOU people also?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

Who said 2 more seasons with Brad? Who is YOU people also?
    Cajun said he expects whoever we draft to learn under Brad for 2 full seasons in the post above mine. "You" people would be anyone who honesly believes that.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast