Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Jacobs

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Omar Jacobs

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    This is from nfldraftcountdown.com

Strengths:
    Has prototypical size and a big sturdy frame...A very accurate passer...Arm strength is more than adequate...Athletic with solid speed...Moves well in the pocket and can throw on the run...Very smart with the ball and doesn't make a lot of mistakes...Extremely productive...Still has some upside...A leader on the field.

Weaknesses:
    Has a sidearm throwing motion that could lead to a lot of passes being batted down...May need to have his mechanics reworked...Did not play against top competition all the time...Rarely threw the ball deep downfield...Took most of his snaps out of the shotgun...Played in wide open offense that padded his stats.
    Notes:
    Had an amazing sophomore season (41 / 4 TD to INT ratio) and then struggled a bit in 2005...Has a lot of tools that you look and might just need to be coached up and adjust to the pro game...A potential starting quarterback at the next level.

The things that are bolded are the things that are important to a WCO
    Hmmm.. sounds like a slower version of Vince Young.

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    What do McNabb, Brookes, Daunte, McNair, Vick, Leftwich etc all have in common? A Few things. Athletic, exciting, bring a few wins to crappy teams to name a few. And they all end up spending more time on the sidelines due to injuries rather than contributing to the ongoing success of a team, year after year.

If this Omar is anything like any of these guys, then I say pass on him. We need the Leinhart, Brad Johnson, Big Ben, Peyton Manning style QB that has brains and ability to win games and championships.

Ability. That is a good word. A guy can have all the talent in the world, but without any ability, what do you have?
    What do they all have in common. You listed all BLACK QB's. C'mon Guy. If you are worried about injuries, other than Peyton, Brad Johnson, Leinhart, and Big Ben have a history of injuries.

Plus, Leftwich, Brooks, McNabb are mainly pocket passers. So, what are you basing your arguement on? I mean other than race.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    What do McNabb, Brookes, Daunte, McNair, Vick, Leftwich etc all have in common? A Few things. Athletic, exciting, bring a few wins to crappy teams to name a few. And they all end up spending more time on the sidelines due to injuries rather than contributing to the ongoing success of a team, year after year.

If this Omar is anything like any of these guys, then I say pass on him. We need the Leinhart, Brad Johnson, Big Ben, Peyton Manning style QB that has brains and ability to win games and championships.

Ability. That is a good word. A guy can have all the talent in the world, but without any ability, what do you have?
    What do they all have in common. You listed all BLACK QB's. C'mon Guy. If you are worried about injuries, other than Peyton, Brad Johnson, Leinhart, and Big Ben have a history of injuries.

Plus, Leftwich, Brooks, McNabb are mainly pocket passers. So, what are you basing your arguement on? I mean other than race.
    I kind of agree with that. He also stated that we should get a QB with more brains. Who said Omar Jacobs was dumb? :shock:

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:

Ok Daunte, I see your point. I guess I didn't think about that, but good point. Here, Steve Young, Rich Gannon, ......And Rich sucked until like his 12th year when he was too old to run. I could include Elway in here, but he is an exception to my point. Sorry, can't think of very many white Qbs that are athletic. Sorry to get your roll on in a bundle. Good luck in Miami Daunte.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"stjmnsota" wrote:

Are you fookin kidding me? Noone is like Vick he is his own specimen. Brookes = poop. But Daunte, McNair, and McNabb have a plethora of Pro Bowl acolades attached to their names. These guys got hurt when their offensive line and team were sucking wind. Over his career McNabb has been relatively healthy and so has Daunte. Leinhart hasn't won shit, nor has Peyton for that matter. Check Petyton's records against high calibre teams at crunch time (read Patriots). I think your blanket statement is way off base.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I would love it if we would be able to pick up jacobs

Thanks PurpleMafia

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:

Are you fookin kidding me? Noone is like Vick he is his own specimen. Brookes = poop. But Daunte, McNair, and McNabb have a plethora of Pro Bowl acolades attached to their names. These guys got hurt when their offensive line and team were sucking wind. Over his career McNabb has been relatively healthy and so has Daunte. Leinhart hasn't won pooh, nor has Peyton for that matter. Check Petyton's records against high calibre teams at crunch time (read Patriots). I think your blanket statement is way off base.
    How many championships have they won? For that fact, how many have any of the top picks won? I guess I should take back my previous statement that we need a Leinhart. Lets take a lower round pick and build him up. Black or white. But I will stick by my previous statement that was in response to others comparing OMAR to MCNAB or Vince Young or Whoever. IMO, Those types of QBs have a lower chance of being long term, winning QBs. I don't want Omar if he is that type.

By the way, it is obvious that I don't know who Omar is. Is he black or white? I don't know and I don't care. And if he comes into the league and has a Montana, Elway, Marino and I will throw in Moon (played long and well) type career, I will gladley eat my words.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:

Are you fookin kidding me? Noone is like Vick he is his own specimen. Brookes = poop. But Daunte, McNair, and McNabb have a plethora of Pro Bowl acolades attached to their names. These guys got hurt when their offensive line and team were sucking wind. Over his career McNabb has been relatively healthy and so has Daunte. Leinhart hasn't won pooh, nor has Peyton for that matter. Check Petyton's records against high calibre teams at crunch time (read Patriots). I think your blanket statement is way off base.
    Blanket statement like what do Jeff Hostetler, Jim kelly, Stan Humphreys, Neil O'Donell, Chris Chandler, Rich Gannon, Kerry Collins, Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson all have in common?

Most people would say they all have/had less than average careers. Some would say they suck. But they all made it to the Super Bowl and some of them won it.

A big part of that because the TEAM got them there. Now we seen Vince Young win the National Championship by taking over a game, and we have all seen Vick and Duante win games by taking them over. But not too many one man shows in the superbowl. Duante is a prime example of someone who wants to be a one man show.

I will say McNab has come around to be a pretty good team player as has McNair. Vick has a lot to learn or the team has to improve.

Anyway, so what does all this mean? I have an opinion like it or not. And by this last "blanket statement" I guess I say screw the QB and build the team. Joey Harrington could take a great TEAM to the super bowl.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I have a feeling that either Young or Cutler will fall to us #17. However, if we don sign Joey to a 1 or 2 year contract, it could open our options and let us do some major damage with our 3 top 50 picks.

I'm not against signing Joey for backup and have him even compete for the starter. I love BJ I can't just give him the starting job without some competition.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

"stjmnsota" wrote:

do you have a problem with black people?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast