Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Jacobs

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Omar Jacobs

This is from nfldraftcountdown.com

Strengths:
    Has prototypical size and a big sturdy frame...A very accurate passer...Arm strength is more than adequate...Athletic with solid speed...Moves well in the pocket and can throw on the run...Very smart with the ball and doesn't make a lot of mistakes...Extremely productive...Still has some upside...A leader on the field.

Weaknesses:
    Has a sidearm throwing motion that could lead to a lot of passes being batted down...May need to have his mechanics reworked...Did not play against top competition all the time...Rarely threw the ball deep downfield...Took most of his snaps out of the shotgun...Played in wide open offense that padded his stats.

Notes:
    Had an amazing sophomore season (41 / 4 TD to INT ratio) and then struggled a bit in 2005...Has a lot of tools that you look and might just need to be coached up and adjust to the pro game...A potential starting quarterback at the next level.

The things that are bolded are the things that are important to a WCO

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Ugh . . . Croyle. I'm not sold on him. Looks like a perennial 3rd stringer.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

revprodeji is offline Starter

I think we should try to get Schaub for a second and late rd, if that doesnt work lets hope one of the top 3 drop. Like Cutler, if he doesnt than lets grab omar in the 2nd, im not that high on him, but he could learn. he reminds me of a less posied leftwich
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"LAVike" wrote:
    The scouting report was for omar jacobs

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    The scouting report was for omar jacobs

I know the scouting report was for Omar . . . but someone else was talking about Croyle on this thread. I'm just saying I don't want Croyle if it came down to the two. I've seen him in action, and he hasn't been that impressive. I'd rather have Jacobs.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Dis Omar is rated 11 grade points ahead of Cutler!
    =================================================
    Omar Jacobs
    QB | (6'3", 224) | BOWLING GREEN

Scouts Grade: 90

Strengths: Possesses ideal NFL measurables. He has great size. Is tall, well-built, long arms and big hands. He has good arm strength. He shows good touch and the ability to change velocities. He throws catchable passes underneath and has a feel for leading his receivers. Extremely accurate in short-to-intermediate range. Lacks vertical passing experience but has the arm to make all the NFL throws. Can drive the ball downfield. Shows good zip on the deep out route and gets adequate R.P.M.'s on his downfield throws. He's an excellent athlete. Has quick feet and can get set quickly. Shows a good pocket presence and buys a lot of second-chance opportunities with his athleticism. He is a threat to take off and run. Has above average speed and some elusiveness to make defenders miss in space. A confident player that will bounce back from mistakes.

Weaknesses: Displays mechanical issues. Is unpolished. Does not possess great experience throwing the deep ball and his timing must improve in that area. Lacks ideal patience in the pocket at times and will take off running too early. Plays in a simplified offense with a simplified passing scheme. Most of his throws are underneath. He will have a steeper learning curve in terms of making reads and seeing the entire field as an NFL quarterback.

Overall: Played sparingly as a backup to Josh Harris (Browns) in 2003. Took over as a fulltime starter as a sophomore in 2004, when he threw for 4,002 yards and rushed for 300 more. He completed 66.9-percent of his 462 passing attempts and threw 46 TD passes compared to just four INT's on the season. Jacobs is a junior in 2005 and has not indicated what his intentions are regarding his NFL future. Jacobs has all the physical tools to develop into a starting quarterback at the NFL level. He has great size, as well as good arm strength and mobility. He is an accurate short-to-intermediate passer and has developed into a solid decision-maker. Jacobs will, however, need a lot of work in order to polish his game for the next level. His release point is too low and his consistency as a deep-ball passer needs to improve. He also comes from a pass-friendly, shotgun-oriented offensive scheme, which means he could require more developmental time than other quarterback prospects with similar skill sets. As it stands right now, Jacobs is considered a potential first round prospect.
    ===============================================
    I say, let's go for dis mug!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I like Reggie McNeal and Omar Jacobs. When I upload them from college video game to Madden, they are fast with good throwing power.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"OldManVike" wrote:
    Dis Omar is rated 11 grade points ahead of Cutler!
    =================================================
    Omar Jacobs
    QB | (6'3", 224) | BOWLING GREEN

Scouts Grade: 90

Strengths: Possesses ideal NFL measurables. He has great size. Is tall, well-built, long arms and big hands. He has good arm strength. He shows good touch and the ability to change velocities. He throws catchable passes underneath and has a feel for leading his receivers. Extremely accurate in short-to-intermediate range. Lacks vertical passing experience but has the arm to make all the NFL throws. Can drive the ball downfield. Shows good zip on the deep out route and gets adequate R.P.M.'s on his downfield throws. He's an excellent athlete. Has quick feet and can get set quickly. Shows a good pocket presence and buys a lot of second-chance opportunities with his athleticism. He is a threat to take off and run. Has above average speed and some elusiveness to make defenders miss in space. A confident player that will bounce back from mistakes.

Weaknesses: Displays mechanical issues. Is unpolished. Does not possess great experience throwing the deep ball and his timing must improve in that area. Lacks ideal patience in the pocket at times and will take off running too early. Plays in a simplified offense with a simplified passing scheme. Most of his throws are underneath. He will have a steeper learning curve in terms of making reads and seeing the entire field as an NFL quarterback.

Overall: Played sparingly as a backup to Josh Harris (Browns) in 2003. Took over as a fulltime starter as a sophomore in 2004, when he threw for 4,002 yards and rushed for 300 more. He completed 66.9-percent of his 462 passing attempts and threw 46 TD passes compared to just four INT's on the season. Jacobs is a junior in 2005 and has not indicated what his intentions are regarding his NFL future. Jacobs has all the physical tools to develop into a starting quarterback at the NFL level. He has great size, as well as good arm strength and mobility. He is an accurate short-to-intermediate passer and has developed into a solid decision-maker. Jacobs will, however, need a lot of work in order to polish his game for the next level. His release point is too low and his consistency as a deep-ball passer needs to improve. He also comes from a pass-friendly, shotgun-oriented offensive scheme, which means he could require more developmental time than other quarterback prospects with similar skill sets. As it stands right now, Jacobs is considered a potential first round prospect.
    ===============================================
    I say, let's go for dis mug!
    yah man, this guy better be drafted by us this year..those numbers are crazy..in a pass happy offense, to only throw 4 picks is amazing considering the defense would be prepared for passing plays all the time
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

SnoSho is offline Rookie

Anyone see him against Wisconsin?
    Yes they lost but with a line that let him get tagged 4 times, for -23 yards on his rushing for him on the day, he still racked up.
    30-for-51 58%
    5 TDs
    458 yards
    1 Int

He also seemed to do well at the combine, 10-12 on the passing drills even the two long posts which was suppose to be his weak point. Bonus points for not sounding like an idiot when the NFL network talked to him, thats my big worry we need a new "Face" on the team now. Only thing that bothers me is that shoulder level toss he has, he's 6'3" but those balls will get tipped in the NFL. Honestly if he's still there jumpping on him with one of our two 2nds wouldn't be bad, he needs time to work on his throw and Brads not a bad guy to learn quick passing from.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

What do McNabb, Brookes, Daunte, McNair, Vick, Leftwich etc all have in common? A Few things. Athletic, exciting, bring a few wins to crappy teams to name a few. And they all end up spending more time on the sidelines due to injuries rather than contributing to the ongoing success of a team, year after year.

If this Omar is anything like any of these guys, then I say pass on him. We need the Leinhart, Brad Johnson, Big Ben, Peyton Manning style QB that has brains and ability to win games and championships.

Ability. That is a good word. A guy can have all the talent in the world, but without any ability, what do you have?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast