Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Jacobs

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Omar Jacobs

I really know very little about Omar Jacobs, and I know a few on this site are really big on him. What's his deal? Everything I've read says he's similar to Pep...big, strong, athletic, mobile with a big arm. If he's similar to Pep, doesn't that mean he doesn't fit the new WC scheme just like Daunte didn't? Can anyone enlighten me?

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Omar Jacobs

He is like Pep, except not as mobile....he's a leader, a play-maker....

He throws a lot of TDs, but his stats may be inflated by the system that he's in....

He's definetely a talent....before this season many thought that he and Leinert would be the first two QBs selected at the draft....then Vince Young stepped up....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

He is like Pep, except not as mobile....he's a leader, a play-maker....

He throws a lot of TDs, but his stats may be inflated by the system that he's in....

He's definetely a talent....before this season many thought that he and Leinert would be the first two QBs selected at the draft....then Vince Young stepped up....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i want this guy on our team ASAP..similar game and athletic build to donovan mcnabb..im assuming childress picks this guy to create a monster like he did with donovan..no matter what system he was in, he only threw 4 TDs in that one season while throwing 40 something TDs..in dont care what system you play in, you are amazing if you do that even in a half decent conference
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What seems to set him apart is his accuracy. Excellent completion record despite working with a not so steller bunch of receivers. He also possesses the size needed to run the ball if needed, although he had to do very little of that.
    He doesn't possess blazing fast speed but he is more than adequate in that department running a 4.75 and 4.88 at the combine. He has a akward throwing motion. It almost looks like he is "pushing" the ball reather than throwing it. There is no doubt he needs some coaching but the Vikes have an excellent QB coach now who can turn him into a first class prospect.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    What seems to set him apart is his accuracy. Excellent completion record despite working with a not so steller bunch of receivers. He also possesses the size needed to run the ball if needed, although he had to do very little of that.
    He doesn't possess blazing fast speed but he is more than adequate in that department running a 4.75 and 4.88 at the combine. He has a akward throwing motion. It almost looks like he is "pushing" the ball reather than throwing it. There is no doubt he needs some coaching but the Vikes have an excellent QB coach now who can turn him into a first class prospect.
    i saw he was at like 68% one year and 67% the next, holy cow!..and the second part i bolded is something that alot of people heard when mcnabb was drafted, and guess who is here that built him..brad childress..
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

yes sir, I can deal with DC11, a future HOF, being dealt if we get someone like an Omar Jacobs.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

I've seem Jacobs play, and I honestly don't see what you guys feel is so great about him besides his stats.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Draft this guy right away.. our first 2nd round pick..

Don't let him get away.. We need him

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I haven't seen him play, but I've never heard his name brought up except for on this site. Everything I hear has Whitehurst and Croyle ahead of him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast