Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Which OLB should we take??

I know alot of people don't think Minnesota will take a LB, but lets say Brad Childress doesn't go crazy and decides to keep the first pick and looks at a LB!!! Who would you take at LB?!?! (these are just the LB that we can have a chance at getting, without moving up for AJ Hawk!!)

NFL.com side notes:
    -Ernie Sims' mom was an All-American sprinter for FSU.
    -Ron Sellers allowed Sims to use his retired number.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Re: Which OLB should we take?? IF ANY!!!

I was thinking of taking Ernie Sims because of his speed!! But Minnesota is going to need a LB that can lay a hit and cover a big TE!!! With Chad Greenway's size and playing ability he is a better fit for this defense!!!

revprodeji is offline Starter

Re: Which OLB should we take??

dqwell jackson...

yea, he isnt an OLB, but he is the only polished backer that can start in the cover 2 for us right now.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

norseforce is offline Rookie

I like CARPENTER, HE'S BIGGER AND FASTER THAN greenway.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

My only problem with Carpenter is...., somewhere, at sometime, a draft nerd mentioned to me, that without all the attention that AJ Hawk has recieved, Carpenter would not be considered. I am not a draft nerd, but that statement has scared me off of him. I'd rather have an Abdul, than a vulture tackler, but...I work for a living, so just don't know.

"revprodeji" wrote:
    dqwell jackson...

yea, he isnt an OLB, but he is the only polished backer that can start in the cover 2 for us right now.

Yeah, i want him real bad!!! They don't have him going until the second round but we could trade our 2 second rounders for 1 early second, and take him!!! There is also Thomas Howard out of UTEP!!! He is just as fast and skillful as Jackson!!! They don't have him going until later of the 2nd round!!!

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

I'd say Ernie Sims is easily the best fit for our defense.

If we miss out on him and pass on the other OLB's in the first, I wouldn't mind Jon Alston at all. Extremely fast + atheletic, also a really smart player. Rocky McIntosh would work out as well.

treshenpesh is offline Training Camp

The only way we should draft a LB in the first round is if Matt Lionheart adds 75 lbs and learns to tackle! We need to trade up! We need to trade up! We need to trade up!.............we should probably trade up.
    Thor

"HornedHat" wrote:
    My only problem with Carpenter is...., somewhere, at sometime, a draft nerd mentioned to me, that without all the attention that AJ Hawk has recieved, Carpenter would not be considered. I am not a draft nerd, but that statement has scared me off of him. I'd rather have an Abdul, than a vulture tackler, but...I work for a living, so just don't know.

That's totally not true. You could say without all of the attention Greenway received, Hodge wouldn't be considered either. Hawk wasn't making the plays Carpenter was. They complemented each other beautifullly. Carpenter will only get better at the pro level with players as good as and better than A.J. Carpenter would be a great pick if Greenway is gone.

For OLB I'd sas:
    1.Hawk(although we're almost definitely not going to get him, I'll include him anyways)
    2.Sims
    2.Greenway

we may also get an MLB in the late 1st or early 2nd like D'Qwell Jackson, there's also Hodge, but we better at least get a QB in the second because a deal for Schaub is very unlikely.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast