Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mn2181 is offline Training Camp

Re: Ok people.....the ultimate trade chain

We don't need TWill with Robinson and Burly so if we can get Davis and their 2nd pick for him we need to do the trade immediately. Then trade Daunte for the Cards pick and Dansby or Wilson. We don't need to trade up for Bush we'll have basically 3 1st round picks 25 mill. of cap room, and two of oun main needs are filled. We can draft a top LB, Vernon Davis, and a top Guard that are 1st round quality players. We will fill five key needs by giving up two guys who may not have contributed to our team anyways, we can win with Brad for a year or two.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Since Troy was a top 10 draft pick last year, you are essentially trading 2 top 10 picks and another top 20 pick for one guy.

Seems like someone didn't learn from the Herschel Walker trade.

Basically, you are giving up your franchise QB, a top 10 pick that could develop into a very good receiver, another top 10 pick, and a top 20 pick FOR ONE GUY.

I'm not even convinced that he is going to be all that good. I think he'll be a pretty decent running back, but no Barry Sanders. And to give up everything that you're suggesting when we could give up nothing and get Deangelo Williams or Lendale White would be stupid.
    I agree...I would rather get DeAngelo than Bush...I think that he will be just as good IN THE NFL...BUT I WOULD trade TWill for Davis straight up and then ditch Bennett and Onterrio. Let Moe come back if he wants to...but I feel that he will retire...so let's let him retire as a VIKING!!!

Well said Cajun. My thoughts exactly. So I will not waste my time or anyone else's on a big thread.

It does not look good at all with the Daunte Culpepper situation. As much as I would like him to stay, I believe Wilf will trade him. Zygi has been saying that he wants to change the face of the Vikings. He fired Tice, Moss was traded last offseason, and Culpepper may be out this time around.

It is bitter sweet I guess. If Pep leaves we all have to remember we still have BJ. He is no push over, he has a SB ring. He has turned every team he has played on into a winner. If we can get a good package for Pep, I say lets take it and move on. We don't need anymore distractions.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

Ok guys, we've beat this possible trade to death, does anyone have any other possible trades they could foresee happening?

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I could forsee a trade...Smoot gone for a 3rd round pick...even giving more cap room...I know its not as exciting...but thought id throw it out there...this is due to Brian Williams play, which was so sharp...why not??

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

oh for got to add this, if the Vikes wantt o change the Face of it...this is the year to do it...make the trades get the picks...let see us in about 1-3 years later from now

Even if we traded Smoot there is no guarantee to resign B-Will. He wasn't happy to not start because of the Smoot ordeal. What is to say it wouldn't happen again? IMO, the only way he will be back is if other teams don't show an interest in him. I don't see that happening, I am sure alot of teams have their eyes on B-Will.

Del Rio Guest

My ultimate trade chain for the Vikes:

Vikes send Pat Williams and a cheesburger to the Dolphins in exchange for Zach Thomas and a Ticket to the Epcot Center.

The Vikings then give the Ticket to the Raiders in exchange for Warren Sapp, The Vikings then turn a round and trade Warren Sapp to the Center for Disease Control for human testing purposes, the CODC, sends a herpies remedy to Atlanta and in return Atlanta sends Crumpler to the Vikings.

The Vikings send Crumpler and a Gordita to the Lions in exchange for Matt Millen and a bottle of wine.

The Vikings then send Matt Millen to the moon in exchange for cheese. We package the cheese and wine in a deal to the Dolphins for Pat Williams.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    I could forsee a trade...Smoot gone for a 3rd round pick...even giving more cap room...I know its not as exciting...but thought id throw it out there...this is due to Brian Williams play, which was so sharp...why not??
    Does anybody remember last year? Everybody kept saying, "we need to upgrade our second corner, B-Will sucks." Then we signed Smoot and he was the saviour, and everybody said we would have the best secondary in the history of competitive sports. And when B-Will sucked for the first half of the year, everybody said, "let's just cut him and move up Ralph Brown." Now suddendly he strings together a few good games and now we're calling for Smoot's head????

Gimme a break. B-Will is gone, we're not going to trade Smoot because he's a solid player coming off a bad year, and we'd take a HUGE cap hit while getting very little in return.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Does anybody remember last year? Everybody kept saying, "we need to upgrade our second corner, B-Will sucks." Then we signed Smoot and he was the saviour, and everybody said we would have the best secondary in the history of competitive sports. And when B-Will sucked for the first half of the year, everybody said, "let's just cut him and move up Ralph Brown." Now suddendly he strings together a few good games and now we're calling for Smoot's head????

Gimme a break. B-Will is gone, we're not going to trade Smoot because he's a solid player coming off a bad year, and we'd take a HUGE cap hit while getting very little in return.
    No I don't remember EVERYONE saying that. In fact I remember a handful of people saying Smoot sucks goat nads and B-Will is just as good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast