Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ok people.....the ultimate trade chain

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Since Troy was a top 10 draft pick last year, you are essentially trading 2 top 10 picks and another top 20 pick for one guy.

Seems like someone didn't learn from the Herschel Walker trade.

Basically, you are giving up your franchise QB, a top 10 pick that could develop into a very good receiver, another top 10 pick, and a top 20 pick FOR ONE GUY.

I'm not even convinced that he is going to be all that good. I think he'll be a pretty decent running back, but no Barry Sanders. And to give up everything that you're suggesting when we could give up nothing and get Deangelo Williams or Lendale White would be stupid.
    I agree...I would rather get DeAngelo than Bush...I think that he will be just as good IN THE NFL...BUT I WOULD trade TWill for Davis straight up and then ditch Bennett and Onterrio. Let Moe come back if he wants to...but I feel that he will retire...so let's let him retire as a VIKING!!!
    I totally agree with the 2 of you on the situation it is just too steep of a price to pay.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Since Troy was a top 10 draft pick last year, you are essentially trading 2 top 10 picks and another top 20 pick for one guy.

Basically, you are giving up your franchise QB, a top 10 pick that could develop into a very good receiver, another top 10 pick, and a top 20 pick FOR ONE GUY.

I'm not even convinced that he is going to be all that good. I think he'll be a pretty decent running back, but no Barry Sanders. And to give up everything that you're suggesting when we could give up nothing and get Deangelo Williams or Lendale White would be stupid.
    I agree...I would rather get DeAngelo than Bush...I think that he will be just as good IN THE NFL...BUT I WOULD trade TWill for Davis straight up and then ditch Bennett and Onterrio. Let Moe come back if he wants to...but I feel that he will retire...so let's let him retire as a VIKING!!!
    I'm all for trading TWill for Davis - it would be a good trade for both teams. We don't seem to need Troy as much as before, and Davis would fill a need on our team - and the most important thing is that he's proven. Drafting anybody, whether it's Williams, White, or Maroney is always a risk. Out of the four of them (counting Bush) you can almost be guaranteed one of them will be a bust. We would pretty much eliminate that risk by getting Davis.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

personally i don't want bush, i wouldn't trade williamson unless we got a lot for him cause i think one of our receivers has to go. but then we have to do the wait and see approach because why trade williamson if burleson and robinson could both be gone.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    personally i don't want bush, i wouldn't trade williamson unless we got a lot for him cause i think one of our receivers has to go. but then we have to do the wait and see approach because why trade williamson if burleson and robinson could both be gone.
    The chances of Burleson and Robinson both being gone are about 1 in a thousand. Burleson is a RFA, so the Vikings not only have the right to match, since Nate would be in the top category of FA, a team would have to give up a first rd pick to get him. Pretty much the same situation as last year with Brian Williams, and nobody touched him, even though I'm sure other teams had interest.

As for Robinson, my instinct is that he'll return too. Its been rumoured that the Vikings have the right to match. But whether or not thats true, K-Rob has turned his life around in Minnesota, and the Vikings were the only team willing to give him a second shot. I think he'll show some loyalty and return when Zyggi opens the vault.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i would rather have daunte and troy than bush. simple as that.
    We're bringing purple back.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    i would rather have daunte and troy than bush. simple as that.
    couldn't have said it better myself!!!

D.C.. is our franchise qb.. and it seemed their talk went well

Troy W. is gonna be an AMAZING wr... giving him up now would be a WORSE trade the that moss hack job trade..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"mr.woo" wrote:
    you dont draft someone 7 overall just to trade him the next year
    yes you do, especially when youve already got the exact same player in koren robinson..t will is still no better than 5th on the depth chart on this team..if we can get davis or bush in exchange for him then do it now!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

troy was drafted in the top 10, but in my opinion hes nowhere near a top 10 pick caliber player..we took him because he filled a need, not because hes good enough to be picked that high..the guy couldnt run under a deep ball if his entire life depended on it
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"digital420" wrote:
    [quote]"gregair13" wrote:
    Troy W. is gonna be an AMAZING wr... giving him up now would be a WORSE trade the that moss hack job trade..
    Um...he's part of that moss hack job trade.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"KJ" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Um...he's part of that moss hack job trade.
    well put.

poeple bash on how littel we got from moss and then try to defned troy in the ame post. thats alittle hypocritical.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast