"IwearSox21" wrote:
    Questions about the vikings at the end of last year:
    a. Pass rush?
    b. Wide Reciver?
    c. Secondary?
    d. Quarterback?
    e. Right Side Of the O-line?

a. Jared should help.
    b. Bernard Berrian should give a quick fix.
    c. Madieu Williams and Tyrell Johnson, present and future.
    d. still questions but BB should help, and we got faith.
    e. This is the only thing left and Herrera,Cook, or one of the johnson could prove to be good this year
    Not including his pending legal issues and possible suspension, you don't have any concerns over McKinnies play or Birks for that matter.

I say we have 3 things to worry about on the OL and Herrerra and Hutch aren't one of them.
    ;D
    HUGE
    concerns over those positions. McKinnie is over rated and Birk is one of the most under deserving pr o bowlers I have ever seen(last year).

I think drafting Sullivan shows they have the same concerns.
    I don't think they are as concerned as much as you feel. Birk IMO, has never regained 100% of his effectiveness since his injury, but he is still one of the best centers in the league. Regardless of how well he played in the past, once Childress took over & changed the offensive scheme, Birk along with everyone else on the line had to learn it after playing a different scheme his entire career.

The drafting of Sullivan is what the Vikings should be doing for the sake of the future & the present. Birk is getting closer to retirement & as it stands they need to be looking for & training his replacement so when that time comes, whoever it is, will be able to step in and play because he will have already learned the system.

Birk's age has more to do with it than anything. He could be playing stellar football & I still think the Vikings would be & should be bringing in a center & weening him in for the future. It's no different than bringing in McCauley last year to possibly be Winfield's successor.

What the Vikings are trying to achieve is the ability to pull & insert players at several positions without giving up performance, rather than have a rookie player start & learn on the fly.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Offseason moves will pay off for Vikings

"singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "IwearSox21" wrote:
    Questions about the vikings at the end of last year:
    a. Pass rush?
    b. Wide Reciver?
    c. Secondary?
    d. Quarterback?
    e. Right Side Of the O-line?

a. Jared should help.
    b. Bernard Berrian should give a quick fix.
    c. Madieu Williams and Tyrell Johnson, present and future.
    d. still questions but BB should help, and we got faith.
    e. This is the only thing left and Herrera,Cook, or one of the johnson could prove to be good this year
    Not including his pending legal issues and possible suspension, you don't have any concerns over McKinnies play or Birks for that matter.

I say we have 3 things to worry about on the OL and Herrerra and Hutch aren't one of them.

;D
    HUGE
    concerns over those positions. McKinnie is over rated and Birk is one of the most under deserving pr o bowlers I have ever seen(last year).

I think drafting Sullivan shows they have the same concerns.
    I don't think they are as concerned as much as you feel. Birk IMO, has never regained 100% of his effectiveness since his injury, but he is still one of the best centers in the league. Regardless of how well he played in the past, once Childress took over & changed the offensive scheme, Birk along with everyone else on the line had to learn it after playing a different scheme his entire career.

The drafting of Sullivan is what the Vikings should be doing for the sake of the future & the present. Birk is getting closer to retirement & as it stands they need to be looking for & training his replacement so when that time comes, whoever it is, will be able to step in and play because he will have already learned the system.

Birk's age has more to do with it than anything. He could be playing stellar football & I still think the Vikings would be & should be bringing in a center & weening him in for the future. It's no different than bringing in McCauley last year to possibly be Winfield's successor.

What the Vikings are trying to achieve is the ability to pull & insert players at several positions without giving up performance, rather than have a rookie player start & learn on the fly.

I can agree. I have a feeling that Birk won't be a Viking next year. If he returns to his pre injury play then he will get a new contract, but I'm not so sure that will happen.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like how they ran down the off season acquisitions

Jared Allen - Best NFL player to change teams
    Bernard Berrian - Best WR to change teams not named Stallworth
    Madieu Williams - Best Safety to change teams
    Tyrell Johnson - Best Safety in the draft not named Phillips(according to some rankings)

That spells a successful offseason.
    We had a great offseason. However, lets not stretch the truth just yet.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Tyrell Johnson - Best Safety in the draft not named Phillips(according to some rankings)

I don't think thats strectching the truth. Either way these players where best at what they will do for us. Thats exactly why they are here. Its been an outstanding offseason. We get an All Pro DE in the prime of his carear by trading our first rounder but still get mid first round talent in Safety Tyrell Johnson.

JA trade was a genious move, Berrian was the #1 WR on the market, Williams was obviously the #1 safety on the market, and Tyrell will show why he is the best safety to come of the 2008 draft.

There's no doubt in my mind this offseason has put us in position to contend for a Championship, not only this season but for coming years.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I don't think thats strectching the truth. Either way these players where best at what they will do for us. Thats exactly why they are here. Its been an outstanding offseason. We get an All Pro DE in the prime of his carear by trading our first rounder but still get mid first round talent in Safety Tyrell Johnson.

JA trade was a genious move, Berrian was the #1 WR on the market, Williams was obviously the #1 safety on the market, and Tyrell will show why he is the best safety to come of the 2008 draft.

There's no doubt in my mind this offseason has put us in position to contend for a Championship, not only this season but for coming years.
    I disagree. I think our Defense has made us a playoff team. However, our
    offense must improve greatly to become an elite team that contends for a champion each season.

NFC teams that should be in the playoffs almost every year.

Cowboys, Giants, Seattle, Saints, Vikings and Skins.
    I think our defense will be the best of that bunch. However, our offense is or will be the worst of the bunch( except maybe seattle's) We need a leap of consistance on Offense. has I mentioned that TJ is injury prone?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I disagree. I think our Defense has made us a playoff team. However, our
    offense must improve greatly to become an elite team that contends for a champion each season.

NFC teams that should be in the playoffs almost every year.

Cowboys, Giants, Seattle, Saints, Vikings and Skins.
    I think our defense will be the best of that bunch. However, our offense is or will be the worst of the bunch( except maybe seattle's) We need a leap of consistance on Offense. has I mentioned that TJ is injury prone?
    Your wearing me out with this.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Berrian may have been the best on the market, but he was the best out of a receiving class that sucked @ss... He's not a top 25 receiver in this league... does't have a 1,000 yard season to his credit.. he's by no means the savior of our receiving core...

PLEASE START TO UNDERSTAND THIS:!!!!

We had the worst receiving core in the NFL last season... BWade was our top receiver and he's not a top 50 receiver in the league... honestly!!!...
    We are/were waaaay more than 1 receiving upgrade away from a decent core..

We will be better, but Rice and Allison have some improving to do... we should be better but by no means are we set at receiver....

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Berrian may have been the best on the market, but he was the best out of a receiving class that sucked @ss... He's not a top 25 receiver in this league... does't have a 1,000 yard season to his credit.. he's by no means the savior of our receiving core...

We had the worst receiving core in the NFL last season... BWade was our top receiver and he's not a top 50 receiver in the league... honestly!!!...

We will be better, but Rice and Allison have some improving to do... we should be better but by no means are we set at receiver....
    once again we get caught up on the is BB the savior of our WR? NO, he is not, and i guarentee u the team isnt expecting him to have a 100 catch 1400 yd season. The dude is here to have a nice 1-2 combo in BB and Rice, i actually think Rice can mature into the #1, u gotta remember, the dude is still 21 years old. BB also came in the stretch the field as a distraction for safeties so AD and CT can have less men in the box.

And u talk about him not being a top 25 WR and he hasnt had a 1000 yd season, look at the offense around him, Grossman/Greise and a non existing running game for last year, and BB is still young, he should be coming into his prime now, im not worried about him not being a top 25 wr now, but im pretty confident he will turn into one.

And we did not have the worst WR core, the Titans did.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

once again we get caught up on the is BB the savior of our WR? NO, he is not, and i guarentee u the team isnt expecting him to have a 100 catch 1400 yd season. The dude is here to have a nice 1-2 combo in BB and Rice, i actually think Rice can mature into the #1, u gotta remember, the dude is still 21 years old. BB also came in the stretch the field as a distraction for safeties so AD and CT can have less men in the box.

And u talk about him not being a top 25 WR and he hasnt had a 1000 yd season, look at the offense around him, Grossman/Greise and a non existing running game for last year, and BB is still young, he should be coming into his prime now, im not worried about him not being a top 25 wr now, but im pretty confident he will turn into one.

I don't agree with that because the titans let Bobby Wade go, and he was our #1 receiver last year.. thats why i think ours was worse...

Besides, say your right, we're really splitting hairs aren't we!!!...
    whats the difference between 31 or 32nd worse???.. not much!!!!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=44842.msg777126#msg777126 date=1210382583]

I don't agree with that because the titans let Bobby Wade go, and he was our #1 receiver last year.. thats why i think ours was worse...

Besides, say your right, we're really splitting hairs aren't we!!!...
    whats the difference between 31 or 32nd worse???.. not much!!!!
    [/quote]

how do you or me know if was let go, or didnt wanna re-sign with them?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast