Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Offseason Gameplan

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    One of the reasons we say smoot had such a bad year i know was the carolina game vs. steve smith. That was more of a result of bad coaching than bad smoot. It was obvious that smoot could not keep up with smith and rather than get him some help we continued to embarrass him by forcing him to go one on one with him. I did not blame him for this day because he was just outmatched.
    that and he was hurt too and the boat thing also, Tice said he was sat last game for disciplinary reasons, and left it at that.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

wat we need to do this offseason is get someone like a Takeo Spikes, and a defensive mided headcoach(Fassel or Williams) and we have to adress to the defensive coordinator and offensive, and draft d'anglo williams with our pick or Maurice Drew if he comes out..

linebacker
    runningback
    good coaching staff
    = superbowl

and do WATEVER to keep daunte in there

SharperImage42

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"LJOHNSON26" wrote:
    I'm not really convinced we need a big name running back. We had a great rushing game the last few years when the O-line was performing well and we had a dangerous passing attack. I think we still have the weapons to have that dangerous passing attack if we fixed the O-line problems.

1st we had Bennett, he'd get hurt and Moe Williams chewed everyone up, then it was Mewelde Moore, then Intarrio Smith. Each of them looking as good if not better than the guy they replaced. Then we had our O-line problems/injuries, etc....and now all of our RB's turn average.

A strong O-line solves a lot of offensive woes.
    Good post my friend! We need to get back to the days where any RB on the roster can get it done. Spendig stupid amounts on a RB is NOT smart. RB's get hurt often then are useless till healthy. Build that oline so any of our RB's can run behind it.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

lets see here, all 3 of these guys can be gone. Free Agents: Micheal Bennett, Moe Williams, Onterrio Smith

we need to keep these guys for sure, Free Agents: Koren Robinson, Nate Burleson (Restricted)

keep this guy for sure, (by the way his brother works with my friends dad at minnesota power in duluth don't remember his first name but i think my friends dad said he is 400 pounds) Tonui Fonoti

keep him, Lance Johnstone

keep these guys cause they will be cheaper and they are doing pretty good for special teams or backups, Keith Newman, Raonall Smith, get rid of Sam Cowert and turn cj mosely into a middle linebacker.

i'd like to see him stay and play in more packages but he's gone for sure. Brian Williams

keep these guys for backups Corey Chavous, Willie Offord, i think we need a hard hitter in chavous spot who can punish people up the middle.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I just read from vikings.com taht we have near 25 mil. the 4.3 number was taking in account of the 16 free agents, while the 25 mil. does not add those in.

I considered fox a corner, but he will probably get a chance at safty.
    if you add up front money for big name free agents that money can get streched to more like 50 mil cause our owner has the money to do so. i mean just look at the smoot and winfield contracts; those 2 will only count about 2-3 mil against the cap this year and look at how much money they got.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    lets see here, all 3 of these guys can be gone. Free Agents: Micheal Bennett, Moe Williams, Onterrio Smith

we need to keep these guys for sure, Free Agents: Koren Robinson, Nate Burleson (Restricted)

keep this guy for sure, (by the way his brother works with my friends dad at minnesota power in duluth don't remember his first name but i think my friends dad said he is 400 pounds) Tonui Fonoti

keep him, Lance Johnstone

keep these guys cause they will be cheaper and they are doing pretty good for special teams or backups, Keith Newman, Raonall Smith, get rid of Sam Cowert and turn cj mosely into a middle linebacker.

i'd like to see him stay and play in more packages but he's gone for sure. Brian Williams

keep these guys for backups Corey Chavous, Willie Offord, i think we need a hard hitter in chavous spot who can punish people up the middle.
    Why turn Mosley into a MLB when we could get Julian Peterson? Peterson is the easiest way to fix and upgrade the enitre LB corps.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123