Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

My choice for our first pick is:
    . Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    Absolutely love this guy. At 6’1, 211lbs Peterson has the ability to have his way with most wide receivers at the line. One of the most athletic defensive backs in the nation has the quickness and athletic ability to be a complete shutdown corner in the NFL. At this point I see Peterson as a lock to be a top 15 pick. Is also showing his skills as a dynamic return man which will only help his stock come April.
    We need a physical shut down CB to be able to take away the top WR's in our division. This guy can come in and help solidify the secondary and will compliment Winfield nicely. If Griffin gets back he can move to the Nickel for a year while he gets his legs back and then take over for Antoine the following year if he comes back 100%.

If he is gone then I would take this one:
    2) Prince Amukamara- Nebraska- 6’1 205

That makes two years in a row that we have a Nebraska defender in the top 10 with a name we can’t pronounce. All jokes aside, Amukamara is one of the most talented players on a tough Nebraska defense. He’s very fluid when changing direction, and gets a great jam off of the line of scrimmage. He’s an excellent wrap up tackler, making him an ideal commodity in run support as well. Amukamara and Patrick Peterson are almost right next to each other in terms of overall talent and upside, and you can’t go wrong with either corner. Projection: Top 10

In the second round I would look for OL and the one guy I would like to see us snag is:

Anthony Costanzo. OL
    At 6’7” Castonzo is blessed with ideal length and a perfect frame for an NFL tackle. He has the ability to dominate against both the run and the pass thanks to his athletic prowess. The Illinois native possesses the agility to get to the second level of the defense to make blocks on linebackers, with the footwork and lateral quickness to handle speed pass rushers coming off the edge.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1086540
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sajid28" #1086538
    i pray to god we dont draft some project like cam newton, if we do that we might as well sign tarvaris for a 7 year 40 million dollar contract to be honest with you.

i wouldnt mind trading up for luck. but in order to do that its to much to give up for a player that is not "guaranteed" to be a good QB. no player from college is guaranteed to be a stud. For some reason if Zygi+Spielman+Frazier have a big boner for Luck, to trade up for him would require a Hershal Walker type deal, and we know how that turned out last time.

In 2004, The Chargers/Giants draft trade was:1st round: Eli Manning was traded to the N.Y Giants for Philip Rivers, a 3rd-round pick (Nate Kaeding), a 1st-round pick in 2005 (Shawne Merriman) and a 5th-round pick in 2005. And thats when the Giants were 4 overall, we're 12, lol, I can only imagine the asking price from us.
    Two things
    1) The price of the first overall pick scares some teams away. A team like the Panthers who just lost Peppers and had trouble signing Gross isn't gonna try and sign a guy to a 90 million dollar contract. The asking price to trade would be lowered.

2) Eli carried the Manning name and a much high pedegree than Luck.
    i doubt it would be lower.. if luck declares and goes through the combine and awes everyone like how bradford did last year, theres no way that the value of the 1st overall pick is going to drop. Also with the new CBA pending, whoever gets selected 1st overall might not even have a shot to make 25 million guaranteed contract. Since the panthers got the 1st pick, they have a good chance in pulling off a Hershel Walker type trade more than ever now especially with this whole CBA fiasco.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1086668
    My choice for our first pick is:
    . Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    Absolutely love this guy. At 6’1, 211lbs Peterson has the ability to have his way with most wide receivers at the line. One of the most athletic defensive backs in the nation has the quickness and athletic ability to be a complete shutdown corner in the NFL. At this point I see Peterson as a lock to be a top 15 pick. Is also showing his skills as a dynamic return man which will only help his stock come April.
    We need a physical shut down CB to be able to take away the top WR's in our division. This guy can come in and help solidify the secondary and will compliment Winfield nicely. If Griffin gets back he can move to the Nickel for a year while he gets his legs back and then take over for Antoine the following year if he comes back 100%.

If he is gone then I would take this one:
    2) Prince Amukamara- Nebraska- 6’1 205

That makes two years in a row that we have a Nebraska defender in the top 10 with a name we can’t pronounce. All jokes aside, Amukamara is one of the most talented players on a tough Nebraska defense. He’s very fluid when changing direction, and gets a great jam off of the line of scrimmage. He’s an excellent wrap up tackler, making him an ideal commodity in run support as well. Amukamara and Patrick Peterson are almost right next to each other in terms of overall talent and upside, and you can’t go wrong with either corner. Projection: Top 10

In the second round I would look for OL and the one guy I would like to see us snag is:

Anthony Costanzo. OL
    At 6’7” Castonzo is blessed with ideal length and a perfect frame for an NFL tackle. He has the ability to dominate against both the run and the pass thanks to his athletic prowess. The Illinois native possesses the agility to get to the second level of the defense to make blocks on linebackers, with the footwork and lateral quickness to handle speed pass rushers coming off the edge.
    I like how you're thinking! Peterson doesn't look like he'll drop out of the top 5, but Prince might still be there. I've been seeing Costanzo as the top OL prospect this year...likely a first round guy. Not sure what the chances are, but Pouncey at C has worked well for the Steelers and his younger brother has done a good job at Florida.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1086614
    I guess I am in the minority that thinks it would be FANTASTIC to have Cam Newton fall in our laps. His size, vision and athleticism dwarfs Tim Tebow's (and Tebow has looked like he could have quite a future, though I know it is still early).
    I think the Michael Vicks, Cam Newtons, Tim Tebow's and even Andrew Luck's (remember, that cat can run too) are the new breed of QB and I think we would be in a very good position to get Newton at No. 12.

I personally think that when all is graded out Luck will be the clear cut top guy and go to the Panthers at No. 1. Then Locker will end up climbing back to the No. 2 guy once the scouts start drooling over him again. Mallett and Newton will likely be a toss up at No. 3 and No. 4.

Small chance all four go in the first round. So we can nab one at No. 12 or we can try to trade back in later if we really like one of them.
    I would love to see Cam drop to us, but I just don't see it happening. Arizona, 49ers and Washington all NEED a QB, and if they cannot address it in FA they will have to look to the draft. The Bengals could be looking for a QB, as could Tennessee. Of course, all of this is going to change as the offseason plays itself out.

I expect us to address QB in free agency or via trade. McNabb is the most logical choice right now, although I am not sold on him. Especially if we move away from the WCO with a new OC. I wouldn't mind going after Kolb. Even Palmer if he is off loaded.

In the draft I think we need to address safety or OL.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

SB Nation Kansas City's Matt Conner says the Buffalo Bills should consider Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert with the third overall pick
    2011 NFL Draft: What About Blaine Gabbert To Buffalo Bills?
    Seems that since this kid declared the other day several top draft guru's (McShay ESPN had him in the top 5) think this kid will be the second QB off the board.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Update: 2011 NFL Draft: Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert On Going Pro
    The Missouri Tigers learned this week that QB Blaine Gabbert would be leaving Mizzou and headed pro to the 2011 NFL draft. We didn't really have a firm idea on whether he'd leave or not but once we saw guys like ESPN's Todd McShay hyping him as the second QB taken, we knew he would probably go.
    Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert Says Going To The NFL Is 'Bittersweet'
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

On another forum I frequent there has been a poster raving about the guy for weeks now. I thought he was maybe biased toward the kid but apparently he knows his stuff.

He had Locker dropping to us in his fan made mock.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1086693
    I guess I am in the minority that thinks it would be FANTASTIC to have Cam Newton fall in our laps. His size, vision and athleticism dwarfs Tim Tebow's (and Tebow has looked like he could have quite a future, though I know it is still early).
    I think the Michael Vicks, Cam Newtons, Tim Tebow's and even Andrew Luck's (remember, that cat can run too) are the new breed of QB and I think we would be in a very good position to get Newton at No. 12.

I personally think that when all is graded out Luck will be the clear cut top guy and go to the Panthers at No. 1. Then Locker will end up climbing back to the No. 2 guy once the scouts start drooling over him again. Mallett and Newton will likely be a toss up at No. 3 and No. 4.

Small chance all four go in the first round. So we can nab one at No. 12 or we can try to trade back in later if we really like one of them.
    I would love to see Cam drop to us, but I just don't see it happening. Arizona, 49ers and Washington all NEED a QB
    No love for the Sex Cannon?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1086726
    On another forum I frequent there has been a poster raving about the guy for weeks now. I thought he was maybe biased toward the kid but apparently he knows his stuff.

He had Locker dropping to us in his fan made mock.
    This time of year its always fun to watch as fans of a certain college team rave about thier current "Beast".

Gotta take it in stride and wade through the muck.

Funny thing is, with respect to Gabbert, the first one I heard singing his praises was ole Millen. I kindof just chuckled and moved on.

When I start seeing guys like "Ourlads" and "McShay" hyping the guy, then I take notice.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086728
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1086693

I would love to see Cam drop to us, but I just don't see it happening. Arizona, 49ers and Washington all NEED a QB
    No love for the Sex Cannon?

=Z=
    even if cam is available to us at 12, i really hope we pass on him. cam is nothing but a project player who could boom or bust. you can take a gamble on project players in the 6th, 7th round like how we did with Joe Webb. But theres no need to take a gamble especially in the early/mid first round. Cam could be a good player, but all he has is 1 year of college under his belt and nothing but off the field problems following him.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast